Advice On Meeting Up With Old Friends

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
H.L. your posting is getting better and better each day. However, your "run on" sentences remind of the poster Danny Boy. There was a moment I thought you were him but then you are more "experienced" than him so I know you are not the same person. Wonder what happened to Danny Boy.

I'm sure I posted here when DannyBoy posted but I only remembered him when I searched for an old post earlier in the week, I know he is significant on here but I can't remember how. Was he the guy who regained a full head of hair (through hair transplant or maybe even treatments?) and continued to post, making it clear that he just wanted to stay around to support others.

I may be getting mixed up here.

But thanks Doctor, I try! Now that we're having a love-in, I'm sure I've expressed my liking for your posts as well, I'm pointing that out to be clear that I'm not just returning flattery at this point.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I'm sure I posted here when DannyBoy posted but I only remembered him when I searched for an old post earlier in the week, I know he is significant on here but I can't remember how. Was he the guy who regained a full head of hair (through hair transplant or maybe even treatments?) and continued to post, making it clear that he just wanted to stay around to support others.

I may be getting mixed up here.

But thanks Doctor, I try! Now that we're having a love-in, I'm sure I've expressed my liking for your posts as well, I'm pointing that out to be clear that I'm not just returning flattery at this point.
Danny Boy did not regain a full head of hair. He never had a transplant as far as I know.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha...I like an honest man. And yes, I often have to read I.D's posts slowly and more then once.
Count me among I.D's admirers. He's so cunning that sometimes I can't tell if he's insulting or praising someone. Blackg, no matter how slowly I read some of his posts, I'm still lost in Penny-land.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would actually do some annotations for I.D's post but wouldn't that ruin the fun? I know I'd get some parts wrong, but for the most part I feel I'm on that wavelength now.

I actually almost did a parody I.D. post once, I thought it was pretty sufficient, in his style but humorously pretentious, I was pretty proud reading it back (and it took like half an hour) but my damn browser crashed, and the draft didn't save.

Maybe another day.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
When I first discovered your posting style I.D, I was very close minded, I'm sure I expressed how I felt it was pretentious and even expressed harsh negativity towards you. But of course it makes sense to me that coming on this forum in the first place I was a desperate and sad person, looking for escape, validation, and seeing someone so carefree in being themselves in the words they express, the irony is clear that in expressing yourself in this way, outside the conformity of any internet forum never mind one about an embarrassing topic like male pattern baldness, you are actually the opposite of pretentious. That was initially a hard thing to accept, and has become a joyous thing to accept- you've taught me how good it can feel to be wrong, and how that gives us hope in many ways outside of the "certainty" of our own pre-dispositions.
Of course I didn't even need to bring up my past dislike of you, and with many I wouldn't, but that's the honesty that you exude from others, the openness you bring from myself and others that there will be mutual understanding in our circumstances.

I'd also like to echo the sentiments about blackg and he is similar to you in ways, and therefore another one of my favourite posters. He keeps a calm balance on here like nobody else does, and more importantly he does have a bit of "bite", he has had no problem putting me in my place in the past and I hope/know that will continue in future, which I respect. For the most part he is supportive of me and everyone else on here (does anyone else Like posts as much as blackg? Even before this new forum set up and the button got popular, he was the guy who would definitely let you know when he appreciates your work, via a silly little button that makes us all feel a little better).

I.D. I really like that you call my opinions on here "facetious", because it means you are probably one of the few that understand me as a person and how I post on here.

Thank you H.l. -
You are really a thoughtful man.
I get a strong indicator from your eloquent posts, that behind a screen sits a gentleman with a meticulous devotion to substance and intent. Words matter to you.

On a light note, it's kind of funny how I never realized your former opinion of me;
I can be dense of course, but bravo to you, my friend for hiding it so well. :)
I hope that I would never express slight to you/anyone who
stays true to themselves while also open to the idea that the old truths can change.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks I.D, I'm sure I did express some negativity for a brief period of time when I first posted (so I was already sure you were unaware of this), but that was down to my own issues, not you. I quickly u-turned on this.

I also hope you didn't take my last post about writing a "humorously pretentious post" in your style the wrong way, I meant in a parody sense that was in your style, and poking fun at myself trying to write the same way but failing.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I actually almost did a parody I.D. post once, I thought it was pretty sufficient, in his style but humorously pretentious, I was pretty proud reading it back (and it took like half an hour) but my damn browser crashed, and the draft didn't save.

Haha that will teach you. ;)
I'm not an attention monger, but I have no objections how you choose to amuse yourself lol.
The buzz from our love fest ( thanx Doctor) ought to fix me up for awhile.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks I.D, I'm sure I did express some negativity for a brief period of time when I first posted (so I was already sure you were unaware of this), but that was down to my own issues, not you. I quickly u-turned on this.

I also hope you didn't take my last post about writing a "humorously pretentious post" in your style the wrong way, I meant in a parody sense that was in your style, and poking fun at myself trying to write the same way but failing.

on what other hair loss forum will you find people talking like this? Like friends or something. At the expense of sounding like a complete f*cking pussy - you guys are awesome. To think I once put any emotional stock in a forum like bald truth talk, where everyone either blows smoke up your *** or tells you the latest break throughs of Artas.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
on what other hair loss forum will you find people talking like this? Like friends or something. At the expense of sounding like a complete f*cking pussy - you guys are awesome. To think I once put any emotional stock in a forum like bald truth talk, where everyone either blows smoke up your *** or tells you the latest break throughs of Artas.

HairLossTalk.com doesn't have my good friend Dr Carlos Wesley though.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com doesn't have my good friend Dr Carlos Wesley though.

Any friend of Doctor Wesley's is a friend of Artista's. :rolleyes:

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Aww, Leonard, keep wooing me with those big words and I'm yours forever. ;)

Prospective sesquipedalian pillow talk with you
now makes me impatiently look forward
to "forever". :)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I gave you a "like," and I haven't even looked up sesquipedalian yet. :)

I know what you mean.
I liked you before I even knew you. ;)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Last edited:

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Then again, chances are very high I'll chicken out once again and sit in my room playing video games, trying to escape reality.

superb.gif

lbj2

Reaction score
Options D)--add 6,000 grafts first, and show off your beautiful smile beneath your beautiful NW1.