Advice needed - veterans/experienced members pls

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
HI Folks,

Haven't posted here in a long time. I see a lot of new people on these forums now. I am looking for some advice from experienced members on a hair maintenence regimen ( if it's even possible). Here is the story so far:

- Been on minoxidil (Xandrox) for 8 years. Cant say it has done anything - I have slowly lost hair over the this time and cannot say I maintained or grew anything.

- finasteride - Have attempted it twice but cannot deal with sides. Also when I was on it for a year I lost more hair than ever before (read my old posts). I think I am a rare case but it had the opposite effect on me. So finasteride is not a possibility.

- dutasteride - Tried it but had sides so quit.

- spironolactone - on it for 5 years but it did nothing so I quit.

- nizoral 2% - worthless - dry scalp and more itching so I quit after 2 years of se. Now I use T-gel, TSAL and Tea Tree Oil.

- EMU oil / Scalpicin/ Copper Pep - probably the only things that make my scalp feel good. Use these occasionaly.

-----------------

BOTTOM LINE: Since I cannot use finasteride am I screwed? I am continuing to lose the battle with pretty much only minoxidil in my arsenal. I have thought about Flut and other topical antiandrogens but they are either too expensive or too shady. So do I just sit back and watch myself go bald and get a transplant when it's all over? Of course whats the pooint of getting a transplant if finasteride never worked for me...Is there anything more I can do as I continue to lose the battle?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HI Folks,

Haven't posted here in a long time. I see a lot of new people on these forums now. I am looking for some advice from experienced members on a hair maintenence regimen ( if it's even possible). Here is the story so far:

- Been on minoxidil (Xandrox) for 8 years. Cant say it has done anything - I have slowly lost hair over the this time and cannot say I maintained or grew anything.

- finasteride - Have attempted it twice but cannot deal with sides. Also when I was on it for a year I lost more hair than ever before (read my old posts). I think I am a rare case but it had the opposite effect on me. So finasteride is not a possibility.

- dutasteride - Tried it but had sides so quit.

- spironolactone - on it for 5 years but it did nothing so I quit.

- nizoral 2% - worthless - dry scalp and more itching so I quit after 2 years of se. Now I use T-gel, TSAL and Tea Tree Oil.

- EMU oil / Scalpicin/ Copper Pep - probably the only things that make my scalp feel good. Use these occasionaly.

-----------------

BOTTOM LINE: Since I cannot use finasteride am I screwed? I am continuing to lose the battle with pretty much only minoxidil in my arsenal. I have thought about Flut and other topical antiandrogens but they are either too expensive or too shady. So do I just sit back and watch myself go bald and get a transplant when it's all over? Of course whats the pooint of getting a transplant if finasteride never worked for me...Is there anything more I can do as I continue to lose the battle?
What did you do eventually?