Advice Around Getting A Hair Transplant

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hoooly sh*t. This minoxidil is really working now. Three months in and the effects are setting in. My hair is feeling and looking so good. Its really thick and the hairline is getting tighter. The left less receded side is filling right in with thick hair and the right side seems to be thickening but much more slowly. WOW. I cant wait until 6 months. Maybe I will have a completely restored hairline.

Attachments

• P1010125.JPG
    P1010125.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 411
  • P1010126.JPG
    P1010126.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 398
  • P1010127.JPG
    P1010127.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 400
  • P1010128.JPG
    P1010128.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 401

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so this whole minoxidil thing is very up and down. A month ago I was totally convinced my hair was regrowing.
Now I am almost 4 months in and for the last few weeks my hair has looked like sh*t and I am not sure it has done anything at all.

There is however a substantial variable coinciding with this experience. I relocated to a new location three weeks ago. It is much hotter here. I am wondering whether heat and humidity makes your hair appear more wilted and less dense. Also the foam has not been working properly. The heat has made it so that the foam melts and you have to use alot more otherwise it melts in your hand. Thats how hot it is here. But I learned a trick that you can stick the bottle in the fridge for a couple of minutes and then the foam comes out nicely again as the bottle has cooled down.

I am hoping that the minoxidil is working and its just the climate making my hair look sh*t and less dense and that if I carry on I will feel like its working in another month or so, even in this hot humid climate.

I really hope minoxidil is not just modern day snake oil and that it really works for the hairline temples.

Does anyone know much about the effect of heat and humidity on hairlines? Does it make them appear less dense.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok 5m on minoxidil and my confidence in the product is restored. I think it is working but it is working slowly. I just need to be patient. My minor hair loss has taken 20 years so I cant expect overnight reversal. I am now very happy with how my hair is again. I think my hair was not looking good because it was too long and the heat and humidity affected it somehow. I have had a hair cut and its cooled down a bit and now am feeling very good about my hair. The left temple where there is minor recession I think is essentially a NW1 now. It looks like a normal perfect hairline for a man rather than a kid or a monkey. I think it has filled in with the minoxidil usage. There is only long thick hair there now. I dont think there will be any more growth on the left. It wont be NW0. On the right temple there is still recession. But I think it is filling in very slowly. I can see shorter hairs growing in there. It will just take some time. Maybe another twelve months to get to NW1.
But I am happy for now. People often comment on how nice my hair is. Without any prompting on my part. So it must be ok.

I will take some update photos soon

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it has been more than 5 months of consistent use of minoxidil now. I am not confident it is growing any new hair. I had moments of belief but now dont have that certainty. I am loosing faith in using this product. Unless people can see something I can not. I have attached new photos from today. I can't discern any difference between them and my first photos from before I started. Can anyone else?

I am happy with my left side minor recession. If both sides were like this I would be happy. Would be a very normal and nice hairline for someone over the age of 25. But my right side is more receded and I am not as happy with it. I had been happy with this level of recession for many years until I started to accumulate a few grey hairs in the last year. Now at 37 years of age, the combination of minor recession and some grey hairs accumulating has made me unhappy with my hair.

I am losing motivation with minoxidil. For the first time I didn't bother to apply it at night two times in the last week when tired/slightly drunk. I have 2.5 bottles of it. I will use them up but if I don't see any noticeable change by that time I don't think I will use it anymore because of the cost and time I have to spend thinking about it and using it. I notice that others often experience swift success within a couple of months. But I am holding hope on the basis that I am older and my hair probably grows slower than people in their early 20s. So maybe mine will just take longer.

Maybe I will look at getting a hair transplant for my minor right side recession next year since minoxidil is not working.

Attachments

• P1010715.JPG
    P1010715.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 322
  • P1010716.JPG
    P1010716.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 336
  • P1010717.JPG
    P1010717.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 308
  • P1010718.JPG
    P1010718.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 313
  • P1010719.JPG
    P1010719.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 297
  • P1010720.JPG
    P1010720.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 318

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I a starting to feel again that the minoxidil may be working. It can be difficult to tell though as I dont think my hair loss was that bad to begin with (probably thanks to many years on finasteride). But my hair is feeling and looking good and thick and the recession not very noticeable. Its been 8.5 months of consisent use. I suppose I will probably need to wait a full year until I get a good sense of whether it is working. I will post pics again at some point.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im thinking that the minoxidil is working now. My hair seems to look great often. And my hairline often seems to be looking more just like a mature M shaped hairline most of the time. I think the temples are creeping back. Its been almost 11 months of consistent use. I will post some more photos soon. Maybe at the one year mark.