Advice Around Getting A Hair Transplant

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have gone off the idea of getting a hair transplant for the time being. Maybe will revisit in a couple of years and see what I think then. But for now I have just started using minoxidil for the first time. Am actually slightly nervous thinking about the possibility of shedding. For now I am only applying the minoxidil to my right temple which has the higher amount of recession. I want to start there and see how that goes first. The left temple has only a small amount of recession. I am concerned about setting some sort of cycle of shedding there so I will start at the right side and see how that goes. If that goes well then I will start the left side too. I would be totally amazed if the hair at my temples regrows from this as it has not grown there for at least 16 years even with finasteride. Fingers crossed.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well its been about a week on minoxodil. So far I havent noticed anything. I imagine epic eye rolls taking place from those reading this - I am impatient I guess. But pleased that it does not seem any shedding is taking place. Hopefully this continues. I do find it hard to imagine hair growing at my temples since it has not been there for at least 16 years. But I want to make sure I am doing everything I can. Would be like a dream come true if it regrew.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in a pickle now. Just over a week on minoxidil and have seen my first shedding. Two hairs fell out. One each at a separate time. Long thick ones. I have never shed before. Not while taking finasteride either.
I am concerned about minoxidil making my hair worse and I am not sure I am happy to take that risk.

Im inclined to stop using it now.

I might do more research on chances of success from minoxidil in temple area and chances of it making your hair worse. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be helpful.

I might go and see a hair surgeon for specific advice on the level of risk and return from using minoxidil.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I was being paranoid about hairs falling out after looking at posts from others on here. So I grew some balls and went back on minoxidil after a few days. Not showing concerning amounts of hair falling out. Some hair falls out for everyone regardless of whether you are balding or not. Something like 100 hairs a day for everyone I remember reading somewhere.
Strangely I feel like the hair at my less receded side of my hair line has started thickening. It could just be placebo because its so soon but it just feels that way. I am quite happy with how my hair looks the last few days so I wonder if something is taking effect already.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I am pretty sure I am shedding from the minoxidil. But its strange as it feels as though I am shedding hair from the top of my head, the longer thicker hairs rather than at the temples where I am actually applying the minoxidil foam. Man it is distressing to be watching your hair shed when you have never been a shedder. I hope I am doing the right thing and not f*****g my hair up by choosing to apply minoxidil.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of minoxidil permanently killing off hairs like some people report finasteride had done for them (finasteride never caused me to shed or lost any hairs for me), as it doesn't alter any hormones.
tbh with that hairline I would be happy with it as it is - a completely straight childlike NW1 can look a bit odd on 30+ guys in my own opinion

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I have just gotten through my first can of Kirkland Minoxidil Foam. It has taken me almost two months to do it since the area of recession is so small.

In the last week or so I have started to think it is working. I have really liked the way my hair looks lately and am feeling confident about my hair. I do wonder whether or not its just psychological placebo or the current length or style of my hair. I guess time will tell. I am motivated enough to carry on with it for now. At least until I get through the next two cans which will be another 4 months from now.

The shedding seems to have stopped. Although I was not a huge shedder I was having some things like waking up with a few hairs in my mouth etc. But seems to have ended now.

Rkalra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey buddy
I got my hair restored at dhi Delhi and paid well for it...
This is more of a personal recommendation for Dr Ajay Dubey...he is a magician at making the hairline and angles look natural and dense.

KaberaGlobal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplant is best way to regrowth of your natural hair. But before hair treatment you have two thing keep in mind first expierenced surgeons another is skilled qualified surgeons.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im a little under 2.5 months into use of minoxidil. I am pretty sure I am now seeing the first signs of new little hairs. woohooo! Finally seeing some resuilts. They look like strong hairs new, just short is all. This is kind of exciting. I will post some pics for others to examine when I get some time later.

KaberaGlobal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair tranplant is good technique to regrow your natural hair to looks good and find dense hair. It is painless and stitchless procedure.

Reaction score
i agree with @Murkey Thumb , you dont need a Hair transplant, you have a very good hairs. There is No doubt medication can help you in this, finastride, minoxidil. Consult with your Doctor and dont start these medicines before consultation.

That's true! There are still other medications that can treat. Hair transplant is only advisable with severe hair issues.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im going to post some progress photos. I have the impression that the minoxidil is working,. But I have noticed it on the left temple - which is the less receded one. I am not completely sure though. But it does look like shorter hairs are growing there - actually decently thick ones but still shorter. On the right side temple - which is the more receded one - I cant seem to notice much.
Interested in any feedback though. Maybe some have better eyes than me. Earlier photos before I started minxodiil 2.5 months ago are at the beginning of this post.

Attachments

• hair 1.JPG
    hair 1.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 402
  • Hair 2.JPG
    Hair 2.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 371
  • hair 2d to last.JPG
    hair 2d to last.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 394
  • hair 3.JPG
    hair 3.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 324
  • hair 3rd to last.JPG
    hair 3rd to last.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 330
  • hair 4.JPG
    hair 4.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 390
  • hair 5.JPG
    hair 5.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 362
  • hair 7 .JPG
    hair 7 .JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 314
  • hair last.JPG
    hair last.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 396

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, your hair looks great! I wish my hairline was that good and as thick. I'm glad you're not going for the hair transplant, you don't need it. I mean you're a great candidate, but it would be such a minimal about used that it would seem not worth it. I cannot tell whether or not the minoxidil is working, but it looks like it is at least not doing anything bad.

Last edited:

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, your hair looks great! I wish my hairline was that good and as think. I'm glad you're not going for the hair transplant, you don't need it. I mean you're a great candidate, but it would be such a minimal about used that it would seem not worth it. I cannot tell whether or not the minoxidil is working, but it looks like it is at least not doing anything bad.

Thanks! Yeah its hard to tell but I am pretty sure the minoxidil is working on the less receded side and that shorter new hairs are growing there. Will tell over time. Cant see anything on the more receded side but maybe will take time who knows.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My god I am pretty sure that the minoxidil is working. Its almost three months in and I think its working. My hair looks and feels really thick and I am happier with how my hairline is looking. Its hard to point exactly in a technical way to why that is the case it but I have a general sense of it and am happy with my hair lately.

My shedding phase was short and not particularly significant compared to what I hear other people talking about. What I put it down to was maybe that I had only a very small number of vellus hair so not much would fall out.

Im looking forward to what my hair is like after 6 months. Will have to post some photos then.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy f*** im seriously feeling really good about my hair. It seems like its looking really good now. I actually really like my hair. Like the colour and texture curly waviness and thickness of it is really awesome> Surely this cant be placebo. When I look at my hair it seems to me like the corners are closing up with hair. My left side seems like NW1 and right side like NW2.

I hope this doesnt come across as gloating but I am just really excited. I feel like minoxodil is working and I hope my experience of it will give others hope. I really feel like its working. I am feeling so good and so confident about my hair.