Adhesive Problems For Oily, Sweaty, Wet Skin

AllanD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all
First post.

I am blessed with oily based skin. Great for face and skin in general as +60 that passes for 50.

But for my scalp. ARGHHHHH

Have tried a wide range of generic and named tapes along with glue (Walker Ultra Bond).

I get sweaty with workouts and like swimming (sea and pool).

Best I can get for a hold is around 3-4 days (max). Does not seem to matter what type adhesive I use.

Prep includes hair/scalp wash followed by scalp shave. Then the fun of using is alcohol on freshly shaved skin.

Allow to dry then use appropriate adhesive process being trialled.

Recently trying Skin "protector" trying to creat scalp-adhesive barrier.

Getting desperate. Thinking of drilling a few bolt holes in scalp. Lol

Noah

Reaction score
Haha, the bolts in the scalp idea has already been tried - https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...dd8-894d-02ae066f7f9f/?utm_term=.966e2ea94a2a. The inventor and chief model was later convicted for poisoning his wife, although whether his actions were connected with drilling holes in his skull is unclear. Probably best avoided just in case.

Seriously, I don't really have a pat answer for you I'm afraid. Extendabond tape is the strongest I have tried, but Hair Direct has a selection of tapes which supposedly last 4 weeks +, which are obviously worth trying. Also, have you tried using a scalp protector to insulate your tape from sweat and oils? Failing all else, I guess you could try using clips if you are not too concerned about detectability by touch (if you still have dates running their fingers through your locks at +60 you are starting to lose my sympathy). Or you could go the other way and use a strong hairgel like Got2BGlued as adhesive - you won't get a lasting hold, but the hassle factor of redoing it every day or two is minimal. It seems to be able to withstand workout level sweating for most people, but you wouldn't be able to swim in it - you would have to wear a bandana or a swimming cap for that.

AllanD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for response. Lol on the bolts.
I said I was 60+, not the women. Lmao

I'm using a scalp protector now. Tried it 2 days ago with Ultra bond glue. Literally pealed piece off today with no effort. :(:(

Looks like my quest continues.

Hmmmm, maybe rivets.

Lea Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using ghost bond for a year now and I wear my hair pieces almost daily and I do heavy activities most of the days in a week. I can say they work good, I mean better, they work better. It is one of the top adhesive for hairpieces and no doubt to it. Check them at prohairlabs.com

AllanD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Lee

Does that come in tape? After trying glues over the last 2 weeks I hope I can get a could tape. Glue is so messy.

n1zza77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Adhesive and tape all depend on when you attach it. No sweating, right temp, waiting for the protector to dry, waiting for the glue, attaching and making sure the adhesive/glue bonds.

Have you tried Scalp Protector THICK?