Adhesive Issue New Hair System French Lace

Khan2020

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
My new hair(french lace) piece arrived today so i dyed it and washed it. When i come around to putting tape around the poly(around the side) and tape around the front mesh, tape wont stick on at all.

Tried a few different tapes and all have the same issue?

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try wiping down the underside of the system (lace and poly) with 100% alcohol, let it dry, and try again.

Noah

Reaction score
Yup, the manufacturers spray the hair with silicone to keep it glossy and hydrated, and it gets on the base and interferes with your bond. Some people wash the whole system with washing-up liquid (American = "dish soap") before the first application.

Khan2020

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, the manufacturers spray the hair with silicone to keep it glossy and hydrated, and it gets on the base and interferes with your bond. Some people wash the whole system with washing-up liquid (American = "dish soap") before the first application.

Thank you Noah!
Hope you keeping well

Khan2020

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try wiping down the underside of the system (lace and poly) with 100% alcohol, let it dry, and try again.

Done as you mentioned and still no luck

Attachments

• AE94E214-5D75-4692-A289-E88A1D6CD14D.jpeg
    AE94E214-5D75-4692-A289-E88A1D6CD14D.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 220

Noah

Reaction score
That's very strange. The problem occurs with different tapes, and with both the lace and the poly surfaces? Does the hairpiece feel like it's squeaky clean? What exactly is occurring - does the tape not stick at all, or just not as strongly as it should?

A couple of suggestions: (a) warm the tape up before use - a few seconds in a microwave if you have one, or with a clothes iron (under a tea towel); (b) roughen the poly surface slightly by rubbing it with a bit of sandpaper.

Khan2020

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's very strange. The problem occurs with different tapes, and with both the lace and the poly surfaces? Does the hairpiece feel like it's squeaky clean? What exactly is occurring - does the tape not stick at all, or just not as strongly as it should?

A couple of suggestions: (a) warm the tape up before use - a few seconds in a microwave if you have one, or with a clothes iron (under a tea towel); (b) roughen the poly surface slightly by rubbing it with a bit of sandpaper.

Hi Noah
I tried the 3Mil & the walkers ultra hold minis which didnt wana stick but when i uses the walkers no shine it manged to stick perfectly well..

I cleaned the system a few times and its all good as far as i can tell

Did you say you use the 3Mil on your swis lace? Not sure why it doesnt work with my system?

Also i want to the edge of the lace as its bit odd and sticking out. Would it damage the system if i was to cut that bit of the lace?

Thanks

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Khan

Yes, I use Walkers 3-mil on my hairline. Not all the time, but sometimes. I don't know why you are having this problem - I am out of ideas now. I wonder if it is a defective batch of tape?

You can certainly trim off a bit of lace if it is sticking out, no problem. Just don't cut too much off the graduated hairline - you don't want to lose that feature.

Noah