ADERANS RESEARCH Launches Second Phase of Hair Loss Study

chrome

Established Member
Reaction score
ADERANS RESEARCH Launches Second Phase of Hair Loss Study
http://www.prweb.com/releases/pattern_h ... 358404.htm
27 Apr 2009

Aderans Research Institute Inc. (ARI) announced today it has launched Phase 2 of its clinical study on cell-based hair regeneration for men and women. Structured around the findings of the recently completed Phase 1 of the study, this second phase will continue to evaluate the impact of its novel cell treatment process on pattern hair loss, also known as androgenetic alopecia.

Phase 2 of the study is being conducted in six U.S. cities: Atlanta, Boston, New York, Raleigh, Houston, and Washington DC. Phase 1 was conducted exclusively in the United Kingdom.

"The second phase of this study is another step in our efforts to truly understand the impact of regenerative cell therapy on pattern hair loss. It's a tremendous opportunity," says Kurt Stenn, MD, Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer. The company's research is focused on developing a state-of-the-art tissue engineering solution to the regeneration of hair, taking actual hair cells--fibroblasts and keratinocytes, the two primary cell types within hair follicles--and promoting their growth in controlled laboratory environments. The research teams then recombine them and these "combined hair cells" are then placed in the patient's skin, where they are expected to elicit hair growth. "This is research the industry has always wanted to do, and ARI has combined the support, the market, and the scientific wherewithal to do it," says Vern Liebmann, Vice President, Operations.

More information on study outcomes will be released as our studies conclude. To see ARI's latest clinical updates, please visit
http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicupdates.html

With offices in Atlanta and Philadelphia, the Aderans Research Institute is a subsidiary of Aderans Company, Ltd, the world's largest wig manufacturer, and an affiliate of Bosley, a global leader in medical hair restoration.

Additional information on ARI can be found at http://www.aderansresearch.com

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They're no longer looking for trialists, at least thats what it seems to me. There used to be an ARI ad in the free paper everyday... Haven't seen one in a while.
I think if anyone succeds, its going to be them. They seem the most invested in it. It's all private money, unlike ICX, so someone must believe in what they're doing.

AussieYoung

Reaction score
As a previous Leimo customer I wanted to share my experience, like all of these hair loss companies they market very well and have excellent sales people working for them. I fell for it and purchased the system, basically you have to laser your hair every day for 10mins or so, this might not sound like much but it is a total pain in the neck - holding this device on your head everyday moving it slightly around is tiresome then there are the natural products or wet products as they call them, which you HAVE to purchase to fulfil the money back guarantee terms and conditions (Which I will talk about in a moment). They will send you a new kit of wet products costing over $100 each 6 weeks, BUT they charge your credit card every month so you are effectively paying $150 each time you get the wet products - not sure about anyone else but using that much shampoo and conditioner every six weeks is beyond me as to how it can be done - I shower everyday and use a reasonable amount but never got through it all before the next package turns up - after a year I still have many un-opened packs left lying around.

So then you get to the money back guarantee - what a crock this is !! So to qualify for the money back guarantee you have to buy the wet products, so over the course of the year before they will even look at refunding the cost of the laser you will have spent at least another $1000 on shampoo and conditioner and other stuff they give you! Only then can you ask for your money back.

And let me tell you don't expect the money back anytime soon, I applied for my money back guarantee at the beginning of this year, you have to basically send the laser back. Well it goes through many many areas, they have to have the laser tested to make sure it still works and is in good condition, then your claim in moved up to "Goods returned in working order" - next step is to prove you purchased 12 months worth of wet products - luckily I purchased direct from them and paid heaps for it, so they could not do much about that one. Even with all of this it has taken 9 months and continual phone calls to get my money back, only today have I got the funds into my account.

Leimo's call centre is based out of Malaysia or some other country, but they have english trained staff - these people have no control at all they just read from a computer, no managers or anyone else you can speak to. If you can get ahold of their Australian office, the lady I spoke to could not believe how long it was taking - but I got an email from them to say it would be September because the manager had to approve it (Apparently they only meet once a month to do the approving of money back guarantees).

The whole company is a total scam, they bank on you either only buying the laser for over $1000 and not going for the wet products meaning you have no money back guarantee - or if you do go for the wet products to be able to claim for the money back guarantee they would make enough off selling shampoo and conditioner at what would average to $150 per delivery to make their money.

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID - there is no treatment that works, but there are a heap of companies that are willing to take your money and let you pay through the nose to try to see if it helps !!

It did absolutely nothing for me, not a single thing and every time they call asking how it is going you get told to give it another 3 months, then 6mths, then 9 mths and then a year to see if it starts to work - it never does !!

Shocking money back guarantee process - 9mths ?? Only posting this cause I now have my money back today !

Happy to just shave my hair short and deal with it, yes it sucks but its better than shelling out a few grand and waste your time, effort and money on programs that dont work.

What are you supposed to laser your head for the rest of your life ?? Who could or would do that ? Hope this helps at least one person from wasting the cash on this.

Cheers!!

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why is this guy talking about laser ... man is this related to Aderans ? where you one of their trial subjects ?

I thought there was SOME good news ...it's been ages

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to know the latest about this company as well. This is the company that bought some Intercytex assets for their therapy. They also finished treating their 100th trail subject in May. There should be some updated info on their therapy.

Reaction score
TonyJ
There isnt much news regarding Aderans. They will be starting there extended trials for phase 2 and are still screening people for this, but some places have closed there screening so it seems like it will be starting soon. Other then that, its all a waiting game. Also, histogen will be starting there phase 1 and 2 trails in singapore Feb/2011 and thats some exciting news as well. Let's trya nd be optomistic and hope for the best witht hese companies