Adenogen - General Info

Bismarck

Reaction score
I was asked to repost the informations we have on Andenogen and especially the substance Andenosine - the main ingredient.
So here is it:

A press release:

14/12/2004 - Shiseido is to launch Adenogen, a new treatment for hair loss.

Adenosine is one of the in vivo substances that exists in the human body and the company’s extensive research on the substance has shown that it directly affects the hair papillae, a key part of the chemical reaction required to grow human hair. Consequently this substance influences the production of FGF-7, which is key to hair growth, and helps to speed up and encourage the process.

Japan’s Corporate News reported that from this finding Shiseido has developed a hair growth substance called Adenosine, which has been given approval as an active ingredient for medicated cosmetic products by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.

The company says that it plans to launch its own patented hair growth product for male pattern baldness under the name Adenogen, using Adensosine as a key ingredient. No launch date has as yet been confirmed for international markets.

Shiseido has been carrying out pioneering research into hair growth solutions from its Life Science Research Centre in Yokohama. The research team has been making advances towards a possible treatment for baldness by researching TGF-beta2, a substance that is said to influence the growth of hair cells.

The company already markets a number of leading hair-growth treatments which are sold internationally. They include its Intensive Hair Treatment Mask, which uses ingredients that replicate hair cells to build up thinning hair.

Shiseido is also active in the skin care segment and recently announced the development of a new UV protection technology in conjunction with BASF for high SPF treatments.

The Watanabe-study (right side):
4349123.jpg

Ingredients:
- Adenosine
- Beta-Glycyrrhetinc Acid
- Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract
- Pantothenyl Ethyl Ether
- Menthol
- Decyltetradecyl Dimethylamine Oxide
- Dipropylene Glycol

One bottle contains 150 ml and looks like this 8) :
ad7az.jpg

The only source I know to order Andenogen is:
http://www.kurogrow.com/adenogen_eng.html

bis

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks you

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Two things:

1) http://www.lipoxidil.com already sells Adenosine products. So why all the hype regarding Adenogen?

2) According to http://www.lipoxidil.com Adenosine isn't sufficient alone:

"As the 2004 Watanabe study shows Adenosine basically thickens vellus hair but does not change hair density.So it might be useful to combine Adenosine with hair growth promoting ingredients for a synergistic effect."

So does Adenogen hold additional active ingridients?
Or are http://www.lipoxidil.com just saying b-sh*t?

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Buffboy said:
Two things:

1) http://www.lipoxidil.com already sells Adenosine products. So why all the hype regarding Adenogen?

2) According to http://www.lipoxidil.com Adenosine isn't sufficient alone:

"As the 2004 Watanabe study shows Adenosine basically thickens vellus hair but does not change hair density.So it might be useful to combine Adenosine with hair growth promoting ingredients for a synergistic effect."

So does Adenogen hold additional active ingridients?
Or are http://www.lipoxidil.com just saying b-sh*t?
very good posting. It gives an objective opinion all products need. Lets be realistic about adenogen. Although I'm glad to read that some posters are taking the dive and using adenogen because this site does need thier experience with the product. I hope it works wonders

Bismarck

Reaction score
I agree. Adenosine is certainly not more than just an addition to a good regimen - but probably a good addition.

Maybe this year the liposomal treatment of fred will appear on the US market which seems to be similar to Adenogen.

bis

Petchsky

Reaction score
Maybe a good product for posters that have been on their regimen for over 18 months and still have some awkward vellus hair that refuse to thicken... but does everybody have vellus hairs? or will it be better to add to a minoxidil solution?

And whats this about not changing hair density. If it thickens vellus hairs then surly it adds density to your hair or have i got that wrapped round my head?

Looks like adding Adenosine could be useful for some (although i will wait for HairLossTalk.com posters to comment) but could up the cost of your regimen.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Maybe a good product for posters that have been on their regimen for over 18 months and still have some awkward vellus hair that refuse to thicken... but does everybody have vellus hairs? or will it be better to add to a minoxidil solution?

And whats this about not changing hair density. If it thickens vellus hairs then surly it adds density to your hair or have i got that wrapped round my head?

Looks like adding Adenosine could be useful for some (although i will wait for HairLossTalk.com posters to comment) but could up the cost of your regimen.
Adeno will not revive lost follicles but will enlarge hair shafts already on head. In that sense it will increase density. I'm excited about the idea of adenosine added to minoxidil. I think the two will enspire each other to higher performance. Something I think past combos can't achieve. (a.k.a retin a/min)

viperfish

Reaction score
Guys I got to thinking about this. Cu peptides have been shown to help convert vellus hairs into terminal hairs and also increase the growth rate of the hair. Is this not the same that adenogen is capable of doing?? I don't know I was hyped up about adenogen, but now not so much. I think I will wait and see how others do with it. I don't know if I would trust that lipoxidil place either. It seems way to good to be true, having these topicals in liposomal form. I have never heard a good thing about the place.

Roadkill

Reaction score
That Kurogrow site has listed that the 150 ml bottle of Adenogen should last two to two-and-a-half months. Still expensive, unless one uses it in limited areas.

I'd urge anyone who is adding this product that they take some photos. Personally, I'm going to hold off until I see some more convincing evidence. Hopefully Shiseido will provide something more substantive with their launch tomorrow.

If it is successful, we can expect to see more copycat products, as it is only going to be distributed in Japan.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We do have reason to be wary because a price like that demands some pictures or second source remarks and you know that they know the routine when bring n' a new product onto the scene. When tens of thousands of dollar have been spent on researching a product, they might be willing to lie a bit on the papers but photos will doom the product.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Had a look around the Shiseido mini-site for adenogen, and it didn't really look to contain anything substantive. Hell, if this stuff worked, you'd think they use photos instead of a slick Flash presentation. Granted, I can't read Japanese, but it appears to me like an inefficacious product wrapped up in a lot of marketing.

http://www.shiseido.co.jp/adeno/

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thickening vellus hairs is the opposite of the male pattern baldness effect (namely the miniturization process) thus, for those who still have a head of hair this would theoretically be the cure.

viperfish

Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
thickening vellus hairs is the opposite of the male pattern baldness effect (namely the miniturization process) thus, for those who still have a head of hair this would theoretically be the cure.

This is true, but I don't think it is doing anything aganist dht or inflammation. Therefore, it kinda works like minoxidil, but overtime you will still lose your hair. That is my best guess. It might have a nice cosmetic result though.

Becks

Reaction score
Sophora is a DHT and a growth promoter, so they added other things to their product besides Adenosine. Beta Clyrecint or whatever stops Androstndione convert into Testo ....

I think this might be a product for who can't apply Minoxidil because of irratation and so on ( including my :) got a severe problem with minoxidil-heart pericarditis after 14 months of use so I will be glad to replace it and sow down or stop the killer shed from discontinuing minoxidil !

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Becks said:
Sophora is a DHT and a growth promoter, so they added other things to their product besides Adenosine. Beta Clyrecint or whatever stops Androstndione convert into Testo ....

I think this might be a product for who can't apply Minoxidil because of irratation and so on ( including my :) got a severe problem with minoxidil-heart pericarditis after 14 months of use so I will be glad to replace it and sow down or stop the killer shed from discontinuing minoxidil !
I have the same problems with minoxidil so I plan on diluting it with hgh and atp.

Becks

Reaction score
U also got Pericarditisos of minoxidil ? It#s kind of scary , i always thought it was the finasteride for my breast pain but it was minoxidil !

viperfish

Reaction score
Becks said:

I saw that it does have sophora root extract in it, but was this tested in-vitro or in-vivo with a double blind placebo controlled test. I'm really not sure, but if it was not tested in-vivo or through a double blind placebo controlled test I really don't buy it. The same applies for that Beta stuff. I know andenosine was tested through a double blind placebo controlled test, but I think the rest of the stuff in there is "fillers" to make it sound better. Kinda like why alot of these products include saw palmetto because they hope it sounds good and will attract more people to their product.