Adding 25mg Spironolactone To My Current Regimen.

Usiek

Reaction score
Hey all!

My hairloss started a couple of years ago (I'm 28 now) and affects both my crown and temples (probably a diffusing Norwood 2,5 with a visibly balding vertex right now). I won't lie, sh*t's depressing as hell and impacts the quality of my life in general.
I've been using minoxidil for a long time now (2% solution in the beginning, 5% kirkland later on, and morr-f now), and hopped on finasteride in September 2016. There was no miraculous regrowth, though... only steady decline and my hair is at its worst right now. After almost two years of finasteride and minoxidil combo I have nothing to show for it. I tried switching to dutasteride, but it made me feel very nauseous.
I'm currently thinking about adding a low dose of spironolactone every day (25-50mg) to bring down my testosterone by a bit (last time I checked my T levels were very high). Seeing how some members on this forum have had great success with spironolactone, it kinda gives me hope that I could at least maintain what I still have and maybe, just maybe have a bit of regrowth, so I don't feel like an entirely different person when I look in the mirror. Damn.
What do you guys think? Is it worth a shot? Would it be risky at such a low dose? Potential side effects are scary, but so is looking at my scalp and mane deteriorating into something resembling a barren wasteland.

Thanks and God bless all of you follicle warriors.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey all!

My hairloss started a couple of years ago (I'm 28 now) and affects both my crown and temples (probably a diffusing Norwood 2,5 with a visibly balding vertex right now). I won't lie, sh*t's depressing as hell and impacts the quality of my life in general.
I've been using minoxidil for a long time now (2% solution in the beginning, 5% kirkland later on, and morr-f now), and hopped on finasteride in September 2016. There was no miraculous regrowth, though... only steady decline and my hair is at its worst right now. After almost two years of finasteride and minoxidil combo I have nothing to show for it. I tried switching to dutasteride, but it made me feel very nauseous.
I'm currently thinking about adding a low dose of spironolactone every day (25-50mg) to bring down my testosterone by a bit (last time I checked my T levels were very high). Seeing how some members on this forum have had great success with spironolactone, it kinda gives me hope that I could at least maintain what I still have and maybe, just maybe have a bit of regrowth, so I don't feel like an entirely different person when I look in the mirror. Damn.
What do you guys think? Is it worth a shot? Would it be risky at such a low dose? Potential side effects are scary, but so is looking at my scalp and mane deteriorating into something resembling a barren wasteland.

Thanks and God bless all of you follicle warriors.
I had a bad stomach reaction every time I took dutasteride. I thought it was just me. Do you have any photos to show what you are dealing with? I would give RU a shot over spironolactone.