Adam Levine (maroon 5 singer) hair transplant?

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just looking for a new hairstyle and couldn't help but notice the singer from maroons 5 hairstyle. It seems as though it gets better with age.

Two photos from 03 or 04
0703_maroon5_adam.jpg
adam-levine1.jpg

Him with some lass in 06
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-02.jpg

And then suddenly a pretty much full head of hair
ENTERTAINMENTadam-levine.jpg

What do you guys think, a piece, the big three or even a transplant? Just curious because what ever his secret is, i want in!

mike_b

Reaction score
+1 to big pile of money
solves most problems

his hair loss wasn't bad anyway. he still has the little nick out of his hairline, so who knows if he actually had anything done. if anything i would say just some minor work up front.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
He might have had something but I think that 2nd pic is misgiving....we "see" hairloss that isn't really there.

He just doesn't have a low hairline naturally.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You would be surprised how creative hairstyling can make a difference with some good hair products from America Crew. When you comb the hair back or get a buzz cut it can look worse than if you slightly comb it forward and make it choppy. I can do the same with my hair and its similar to his but his hairline seems thicker than mine.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Theres another thread on this on here. But I'd say wig probably. Most rock stars make the move to one at the first noticible signs of hairloss.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if it were just the hairstyle...isn't male pattern baldness supposed to progress??? i.e. the 'little nick out of the hairline' get bigger???

Plasticman82

Reaction score
Yeah ive wondered about his hair. The thing I don't get is if you are rich and famous then surely you would want to keep your hair, so you'd think they'd get on propecia. But then why are there bald/balding actors? - Captain Americas Chris Evans, Jason Statham and brendan Fraser. Surely they could have got on the finasteride, propecia has been around long enough. UK singer Will Young uses propecia tho and has done well on it and apparently uk tv presenter Chris Evans uses it. But the fact that there are quite a few balding people makes me wonder about the effectiveness of finasteride. Thoughts?

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
Jason Stratham has created himself a little Hollywood niche along side Bruce Willis and now the "Rock" If you wanna be a bad *** nowadays in Hollywood you gotta be bald/balding with a stubble look. I dont know the others but only can immagine they too are trying to fit this image. Too many guys with full heads of hair trying to be the next Brad Pitt.

Just my 0.02

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
gh05 said:
Even if it were just the hairstyle...isn't male pattern baldness supposed to progress??? i.e. the 'little nick out of the hairline' get bigger???

Not necessarily, I doubt this guy's got male pattern baldness issues anyway, his hair is great. You can lose a tiny bit of hair some time in your life for whatever reason it doesn't mean you'll lose it all.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
stableforehead said:
gh05 said:

Not necessarily, I doubt this guy's got male pattern baldness issues anyway, his hair is great. You can lose a tiny bit of hair some time in your life for whatever reason it doesn't mean you'll lose it all.

Im wondering because with a shaved head my hair looks like his - and with hair i can do a decent job of covering the 'nick' out of the hairline pretty well - but I just can't see mine not progressing no matter how hard I try.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
[/color]
gh05 said:
stableforehead said:
gh05 said:

Im wondering because with a shaved head my hair looks like his - and with hair i can do a decent job of covering the 'nick' out of the hairline pretty well - but I just can't see mine not progressing no matter how hard I try.

Well a receding hairline will always get to that 'mature point' before progressing further so you could lose more hair, but may just as well keep everything you have left. A bulk analysis at a dermotologist will end your worries and confirm whether or not you're losing hair. Nothing else can tell you at that point and I don't see the point in playing the waiting game (unless you're not too bothered about it either way.)

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
stableforehead said:
at 'mature point' before progressing further so you could lose more hair, but may just as well keep everything you have left. A bulk analysis at a dermotologist will end your worries and confirm whether or not you're losing hair. Nothing else can tell you at that point and I don't see the point in playing the waiting game (unless you're not too bothered about it either way.)

I've been to see a dermatologist and the best he could do was to say 'it could be male pattern baldness, maybe there's a bit of thinning on top but I do't know what your hair was like before - get on propecia if you're worried'.

So, I don't know how common it is for dermatologists to do bulk analysis? The only place 've ever seen t discussed is by the doctor on 'balding blog'.

Have you had one done? Do you know if dermatologists usually do it in the UK?

Thanks.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
gh05 said:
stableforehead said:
at 'mature point' before progressing further so you could lose more hair, but may just as well keep everything you have left. A bulk analysis at a dermotologist will end your worries and confirm whether or not you're losing hair. Nothing else can tell you at that point and I don't see the point in playing the waiting game (unless you're not too bothered about it either way.)

I've been to see a dermatologist and the best he could do was to say 'it could be male pattern baldness, maybe there's a bit of thinning on top but I do't know what your hair was like before - get on propecia if you're worried'.

So, I don't know how common it is for dermatologists to do bulk analysis? The only place 've ever seen t discussed is by the doctor on 'balding blog'.

Have you had one done? Do you know if dermatologists usually do it in the UK?

Thanks.

To be honest I'm being a massive hypocrite because I'd rather not get one done, kind of like an overweight guy being to scared to weigh himself. I don't really care what happens to my hair any more to be honest as I've always had fairly crap hair and to be honest the past 6 months or so is the only decent I can recall having. The idea of a shaved head is great for me, it'd save so much time and worry- no styling issues, no weather issues etc it'd just improve your life so much, so I'm planning on getting SMP some time next year (within a time frame I can keep my actual hairline hidden.)

One thing I'd never recommend is getting on propecia just if you're worried. That's where a bulk analysis would be a great idea as once you get on propecia, you'll never know if you'd have lost more hair without the drug and could've just gone on without it. You can even do a bulk analysis at home, there are some youtube vids on how. It'd mean buying a USB microscope but then again you're always going to be able to check again in the future.

yepes

Reaction score
i remember seeing a picture of him and he looked really bald. thin air and diffuse male pattern baldness. i'll post it if I find it

sad_spiderman

Reaction score
keepinthehair said:
Jason Stratham has created himself a little Hollywood niche along side Bruce Willis and now the "Rock" If you wanna be a bad *** nowadays in Hollywood you gotta be bald/balding with a stubble look. I dont know the others but only can immagine they too are trying to fit this image. Too many guys with full heads of hair trying to be the next Brad Pitt.

Just my 0.02
imagine mister pitt bald :)

Attachments

• bradpittbald2ejpg4nr.jpg
    bradpittbald2ejpg4nr.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 18,611

cuebald

Reaction score
It does look a bit wiggy though... I always get drawn to the bits either side of the widows peak, where the hair "floats" above the scalp rather than actually growing from it

findmyhair

Reaction score
he's walking down the street he's not washed his hair. the other photos are promo photos where hair washed styled, no hair transplant there!