Actually felt a bit sick watching this video

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Women basically delighting in the fact that men have to worry about losing their hair...saying it is a good thing that they know they have to 'take care of themselves'.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7277465n

FFS....talking about baldness as if it is a choice, or a lifestyle thing that you can just 'take care of' Stupid c*nts.

seb

Reaction score
More feminist bulls**t.Men no longer know their role in this world.This is all this life is about,money and women,the sooner I depart from this planet,the better. :salut:

T

TravisB

Yeah, where are the good old times where women had no rights, and all you needed to do to get a woman was to hit the b*tch with a club to the head, then pull her by hair to you cave :mrgreen:

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the sort of thing that makes me feel quite misogynistic these days. I've seen/heard so many women take pleasure out of noticing a guy losing his hair. Those women to me are scum.

seb

Reaction score
Of course you have gho5,women have acid tongues,and deep down don't really like men

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
gh05 said:
This is the sort of thing that makes me feel quite misogynistic these days. I've seen/heard so many women take pleasure out of noticing a guy losing his hair. Those women to me are scum.

Makes more sense to hate all people since men sometimes take pleasure in other people's suffering too. It just matters to you more when it's a woman, but their behaviour is no different to men's.

Just watched the video and no one was taking pleasure in a man's baldness ... the video was more about looks in general and the most that was said is "levelling the playing field". Women have been feeling huge pressure about their appearance for decades, don't you get that? That's what this video was about. And then she even talked about how unimportant looks really are and bla bla and then talked about how good bald Italian men look! Getting mad over some lighthearted fluff piece? Lame.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
twenty.five said:
gh05 said:

Makes more sense to hate all people since men sometimes take pleasure in other people's suffering too. It just matters to you more when it's a woman, but their behaviour is no different to men's.

Just watched the video and no one was taking pleasure in a man's baldness ... the video was more about looks in general and the most that was said is "levelling the playing field". Women have been feeling huge pressure about their appearance for decades, don't you get that? That's what this video was about. And then she even talked about how unimportant looks really are and bla bla and then talked about how good bald Italian men look! Getting mad over some lighthearted fluff piece? Lame.

Well it is not leveled now btw. Men now feel the pressure of looking good and having a succesful career.

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
twenty.five said:
gh05 said:

Well it is not leveled now btw. Men now feel the pressure of looking good and having a succesful career.

LOL, wtf, are you out of touch with reality or what?!

Women feel the pressure of looking beautiful, being the perfect mother with the perfect house, and of having a career (how many stay-at-home mothers do you know?)

We're all under pressure.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
twenty.five said:
and of having a career (how many stay-at-home mothers do you know?)

I know of many such stay at home mothers.
I know of 0 stay at home dads.

Women have a choice now, they can choose to not work (or at least not work as hard as men). If a guy doesnt have a successful career, forget about him getting a girl. Look at how Kfed was mocked incessantly during the Britney marriage because of the disparity of their careers. Now look at how many women are mocked because of not so impressive careers.

Guys are expected to have good cars. Live in their own place. Pay for dates. Buy engagement rings.

What are the economic pressures on women for finding a mate?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Everything considered, I don't think it's as bad as OP made it out to be. Nowhere did I hear anything about putting fault on men for their baldness and towards the end the host was briefly reassuring to men with hair loss. Everyone wants to be beautiful and everyone wants to have a beautiful partner but reality will always win in the end. We all know the kind of social pressure women continue to go through. I never liked seeing old men with young women. But I will say that women (in general) are very hair-centric creatures and hair loss is not something they can relate to personally, so given that it may explain why many of them make rude and insensitive comments to/about men with hair loss.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
But I will say that women (in general) are very hair-centric creatures and hair loss is not something they can relate to personally, so given that it may explain why many of them make rude and insensitive comments to/about men with hair loss.
Well that is very true about women being extremely hair centric, to extreme degrees. But that is a fault of gender roles than anything else

I know two girls who have told me they are losing their hair and are very anxious about it. Of course they are not really losing their hair, the first girl told me about it 3 years ago and she still has a massive hair. I can't really picture why they claim to be losing their hair. Too much hair in the sink maybe?

A girl I knew from college supposedly didn't go to work one day because she was devastated by a bad haircut she had over the weekend. According to some, she claimed to be "pelona" or bald in spanish slang. I've seen the pictures she uploaded after calming down, and it wasn't even close to a bob cut.

Society places too much value on women's hair

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
twenty.five said:
gh05 said:

Ok...you're missing the point. They're talking about male baldness as if it is something that isn't natural - like it's a negative - like it's something which if 'men take care of themselves (specifcally mentioned at the end) then it might not happen. For the vast majority of men it is not something which can be treated effectively and these women are clearly enjoying their conversation about 'now it's men who have to worry'. If they were talking about men having tomworry about their beer bellies, or moisturisin their skin - then fair enough - but as one of those younger guys who does indeed feel increased anxiety and pressure to settle down knowing that I'm losing my hair (all because women are so conditioned as to see it as some horrible thing), then their comments and the way they talk about it is extremely cruel.

and yeah, great - so they mention that Italian guys 'know how to rock it' - thanks, so if I sun damage my white skin and wear sunglasses in this lovely winter weather then I'll go some way to covering up this terrible flaw of male pattern baldness which is happening to me?? Great, thanks ladies.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Very true Gh. That piece is basically women admitting that baldness is a negative. That, given the choice (which was the whole point of the piece) women will always choose hair over no hair. To us... it is a very strong message. It feels inherently unfair that because of this one thing that is out of our control, we are relegated to a lesser class. We become victims of social perception for something that is not our fault. The looks I get from women like in that news report, like I ate their baby just infuriates me so much. But what can I do?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
. But what can I do?

Go home and bang your GF/wife??? :innocent:

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
Everything else being equal, a woman would choose a great head of hair over a bald head. Wow, what a revelation.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
twenty.five said:
Everything else being equal, a woman would choose a great head of hair over a bald head. Wow, what a revelation.

Christ why the f*ck are you even here? Supposedly a female in a part of the forum for men to deal/vent about the frustrations of men who are experiencing a perfectly natural process which happens to be perceived negatively by socially influenced females. This sh*t is actually genuinely distressing for someone like me - I have quite severe depression...largely to do with hair loss and how women view it...I don't need to hear your 'but men are so superficial too and put so much pressure on women cr*p'. personally my ex gf was about 3 stone overweight and not your typical stunner but she was very hot to me. I'd love it if more women were not such c*nts when it came to how they viewed bald or baldig guys.

Barcafan - ditto.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Oh but guys, she has hair loss too!