Actual Percentage Of Side Effects From Finasteride?

g.i joey

Reaction score
There is something "off" about the face of everyone who takes finasteride long-term. Just look up "face looks different" finasteride or the like. I've noticed it independently, and clearly I am not the only one. The effects on DHT pretty much explain it.

All that could really theoretically happen is you retain more water in the face. "The effects on DHT" don't explain anything that has to do with your skeletal structure lmao, such bs. But whatever dude, if it makes you feel better about not being able to take the drug, you have the right to think so.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is something "off" about the face of everyone who takes finasteride long-term. Just look up "face looks different" finasteride or the like. I've noticed it independently, and clearly I am not the only one. The effects on DHT pretty much explain it.

Anyway, I recently mixed 50mg crushed finasteride into half a bottle of shampoo, along with some niacin, powdered coffee, black pepper extract, and avocado oil. Planning to rinse immediately and follow it up with Nizoral 1% to minimize systemic absorption. Because f* it, might as well try if our only mainstream solutions are complete crap. spironolactone cream? Pills that destroy your natural hormones? Rogaine, which gives you wispy hair that falls out again when you stop and has tons of side effects? Give me a break. I'd rather wear hats for the rest of my life and remain healthy and masculine.

I'm a NW1 by the way.

You can't just assume that something is true off weak anecdotes.

The effects of DHT are not even that well understood.

And if you're NW1, don't take finasteride.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well f*** that, then I guess in hindsight for me not taking anything containing finasteride would have been the best option! Although my hairloss has stopped since coming off it, it's not something I give a f*** about now.

Options, in no particular order:

1) Microdosing finasteride, do ~0.03 mg/day. You'll get some protection, around half of the standard dose of 1.00 mg/day.
2) RU.
3) S5 Plus.
4) Alfatradiol
5) minoxidil+Nizoral+hair transplant

Personally, I microdose RU. If my hair loss was more aggressive, I'm not sure what I would do.

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Options, in no particular order:

1) Microdosing finasteride, do ~0.03 mg/day. You'll get some protection, around half of the standard dose of 1.00 mg/day.
2) RU.
3) S5 Plus.
4) Alfatradiol
5) minoxidil+Nizoral+hair transplant

Personally, I microdose RU. If my hair loss was more aggressive, I'm not sure what I would do.

Cheers for the list David, but for me now my only focus is reversing the sides caused by finasteride, even if I was paid large amounts of money I would never touch it again. In time I may look at other options, I'll be honest I had considered restarting finasteride to combat sides as messed up as that sounds I read stories of guys trying that to see if there bodies would rebound after taking it and getting side effects, some had success with that, although it's not a risk I'm prepared to take as Things could get a lot worse. My body was just very sensitive to it. Thanks again man.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers for the list David, but for me now my only focus is reversing the sides caused by finasteride, even if I was paid large amounts of money I would never touch it again. In time I may look at other options, I'll be honest I had considered restarting finasteride to combat sides as messed up as that sounds I read stories of guys trying that to see if there bodies would rebound after taking it and getting side effects, some had success with that, although it's not a risk I'm prepared to take as Things could get a lot worse. My body was just very sensitive to it. Thanks again man.

What are you planning on doing to reverse the sides?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been doing elements of cds nuts protocol, I've made noticeable improvements in last two weeks

I'm glad to hear that. If you reach a good point you should consider writing an essay for this community. A lot of people refuse to do the CDnuts protocol because it's hard, and then they complain that there's no cure.

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that. If you reach a good point you should consider writing an essay for this community. A lot of people refuse to do the CDnuts protocol because it's hard, and then they complain that there's no cure.

Yes I am determined to do this once I reach a point that I am confident to say I am recovered.

It's very important for guys to hear that in the early stages of getting sides that there is a way out as that is the most vulnerable point and you panic and all you see is Propecia Help and the PFS foundations website which do more harm than good as they are dead set on the belief that's it's permanent. Really counter productive mindset and really unhelpful it's like throwing your hands up and giving into a life of misery. f*** that, for anyone battling sides I highly recommend googling Swole Source PFS and read a post by a guy called English under the cause and cure of PFS do this and you are on the right track. It took me about three months to stumble across that site after trawling through months of sh*t on Propecia help that just set me back no end.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes I am determined to do this once I reach a point that I am confident to say I am recovered.

It's very important for guys to hear that in the early stages of getting sides that there is a way out as that is the most vulnerable point and you panic and all you see is Propecia Help and the PFS foundations website which do more harm than good as they are dead set on the belief that's it's permanent. Really counter productive mindset and really unhelpful it's like throwing your hands up and giving into a life of misery. f*** that, for anyone battling sides I highly recommend googling Swole Source PFS and read a post by a guy called English under the cause and cure of PFS do this and you are on the right track. It took me about three months to stumble across that site after trawling through months of sh*t on Propecia help that just set me back no end.
to be honest swole source is not that different from ph.com or any"pfs" site
u got guys claiming "crash" after eating some nuts other sayings 1 pill of finasteride made him feel like he is not sleeping but he he sleeps 8hr every night other says 2 pills of finasteride shrinked his penis and made his skin and face age faster than usual and now after a month on the "protocol " his aging is slowd down and ppl call me ceazy
other dude been on finasteride from the f*****g age of 16 till he is 25 he is probably fucked his development for good climes he is feeling better after one juice shake
so ya its gr8 place to hang in and don't let me start with a guy says minoxidil gave him a transgender sides effect

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride goes systemic.

That's true. It hits the target better though.

Scientists used up to .25% topical, which is equivalent to 2.5 milligrams Finasteride, without effects, but
some men dropped out of the study.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's true. It hits the target better though.

Scientists used up to .25% topical, which is equivalent to 2.5 milligrams Finasteride, without effects, but
some men dropped out of the study.

Plausibly the men with side effects.

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
u got guys claiming "crash" after eating some nuts other sayings 1 pill of finasteride made him feel like he is not sleeping but he he sleeps 8hr every night other says 2 pills of finasteride shrinked his penis and made his skin and face age faster than usual and now after a month on the "protocol " his aging is slowd down and ppl call me ceazy
other dude been on finasteride from the f*****g age of 16 till he is 25 he is probably fucked his development for good climes he is feeling better after one juice shake
so ya its gr8 place to hang in and don't let me start with a guy says minoxidil gave him a transgender sides effect

I disagree with you Ahmed and let me explain why below

Swole Source PFS is a site set up with the core belief that you can recover from finasteride Side Effects. Propecia Help and the PFS foundation sites operate on the belief that the side effects from finasteride are permanent. Right there is a BIG difference, the tone of the sites are very different, Propecia Help for the majority scoff at ideas of a cure and go round and round in circles with theories but offer nothing and particularly the administrators hold onto the belief that the effects are permanent. I have a suspicion its to do with legal action and makes their case stronger if they don't shift away from that belief that it's permanent but that site has been up since ar least 2007 and they haven't found a cure in fact it's had the opposite effect of making it harder to recover as you drown in the negativity of the posts, and basically give up and latch onto crazy theories that you could spend years on. And that's what's happened to many there.

I agree that some of the stuff you read on swole from posters doesn't make sense as in minoxidil PFS it just doesn't add up and I personally don't believe that BUT you can't blame the site for that, people can visit and post and it's hard to seperate men with real sides from guys who are nuts and it could just all be in their heads. It's like this site right here...remember Bobster a total bullshitter but who was going around saying he was permanently fucked, who knows if he even took finasteride, but you can't stop guys like that from visiting the sites.

In your case from talking to you over the past few months I am convinced your issues are purely psychological as in OCD Depression and panic disorder. You mentioned many times before that you trained hard with weights and were in great shape but all that is irrelevant because it's all about what you do right now and right from the time you have taken finasteride it sounds like you have just let yourself go, stopped going to the gym letting your hair grow etc basically you've let yourself go to sh*t, it's totally irrelevant that you where a weightlifter in the past, that was before this happened to you and since you took finasteride you panicked stopped going to the gym and gone to sh*t.its like I know guys who were great soccer players and very fit and now they are fat with big bellys because they stopped training and ate sh*t so just because you were once something doesn't mean anything unless you keep at it.

So the best way to deal with your problem is gym, healthy eating and a combination of therapy, you mention that Libya is a third world country and I imagine there is not much emphasis on mental health, even in my country twenty years ago depression was laughed at now it's seen as a serious illness which claims the lives of many young men.

So you don't need a f*****g penis transplant stop with that sh*t get back to the way you were before, go to the gym eat healthy and it will get better and see a counsellor. You're your own worst enemy.

Anyway I'm creeping back to bad habits so I'm out of here for a while. Good luck.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Are the anti-Propecia people back in full force? It never ends with them.

My face is the same as it was 6 years ago when I started this stuff.

Ljpviper

Reaction score
In have been on proscar from 95-2001 and avodart from since then 20 years plus. I have zero issues sexual wise. All my friends became bald in the 20+ years except for me. In 1995 very little internet hype. I was 25, and wanted to keep my hair, only solution out there

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
In have been on proscar from 95-2001 and avodart from since then 20 years plus. I have zero issues sexual wise. All my friends became bald in the 20+ years except for me. In 1995 very little internet hype. I was 25, and wanted to keep my hair, only solution out there

have you ever taken a break from the drugs? even for a few weeks? and felt different.....like more energy, higher sex drive?

20 years using these drugs is unreal. what do u look like? i just cant imagine what suppressing the most important male hormone for 20 years does to a person.

do you have a beard? feminine face?

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have you ever taken a break from the drugs? even for a few weeks? and felt different.....like more energy, higher sex drive?

20 years using these drugs is unreal. what do u look like? i just cant imagine what suppressing the most important male hormone for 20 years does to a person.

do you have a beard? feminine face?
testosterone is more important than dht specially free test

Ljpviper

Reaction score
Your correct, my t level is like 600, which is pretty good for 45. Feminine issues, none. Also my free test is high.

I chanced taking proscar in 1995 but at 24 living in south beach in Miami, being bald is the last thing you want happen as those were the greatest times club/music wise. Hot girls everywhere.

As stated almost everyone is bald that I know except for me. Lost some hair but that's seems to be more age related IMO

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your correct, my t level is like 600, which is pretty good for 45. Feminine issues, none. Also my free test is high.

I chanced taking proscar in 1995 but at 24 living in south beach in Miami, being bald is the last thing you want happen as those were the greatest times club/music wise. Hot girls everywhere.

As stated almost everyone is bald that I know except for me. Lost some hair but that's seems to be more age related IMO

whats your libido like, get any morning wood?

i know you wont do it, but i would love to see a picture of you. suppressing dht for 20 plus years must change the way you look. weight gain, body hair etc.