Actual Percentage Of Side Effects From Finasteride?

memoryboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride for 10 years and I didn't think I had any sides.

Looking back to it, I had some. But I didn't know it's connected. Watery semen and not been able to go second round very quickly after ejaculation. Both because of low DHT.

But when my hair stabilised, I just took that pill every day (for most days) and didn't visited any hairloss forums for years. I don't think I visited any hairloss site for 8 years.

So yeah, people here are either those who have more problems with side effects or those to who finasteride is not working so well and need another things in their regimen.

For me finasteride worked and I didn't need anything else. I stopped visiting any hairloss sites and didn't think about it at all. Just popped that pill as a routine vitamin and lived my life.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Looking back to it, I had some. But I didn't know it's connected. Watery semen and not been able to go second round very quickly after ejaculation. Both because of low DHT.

But when my hair stabilised, I just took that pill every day (for most days) and didn't visited any hairloss forums for years. I don't think I visited any hairloss site for 8 years.

So yeah, people here are either those who have more problems with side effects or those to who finasteride is not working so well and need another things in their regimen.

For me finasteride worked and I stopped visiting any hairloss sites and didn't think about it at all. Just popped that pill and lived my life.

That is good to hear. Although I definitely believe Post Finasteride Syndrome is real, I think that nineteen out of twenty
men will have no side effects at all.

That said, there are men complaining about side effects from half the dosage. So, they know and they will probably quit.

On the other hand, for guys that finasteride works for, they will have their gains well into their late years. There's guys who are in their
fifties, full heads, just from Finasteride alone!

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

For me finasteride worked and I didn't need anything else. I stopped visiting any hairloss sites and didn't think about it at all. Just popped that pill as a routine vitamin and lived my life.

but your not taking it anymore? because of these sides?

i see in your regimen box it saids your weaning off it. do you feel any different overall? not sexually, but mentally and physically? better mood, more energy etc?

memoryboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely don't deny the PFS.
If you look my other threads, you can read I was freaking about some stuff just recently.
I might have having some small issues I didn't think were connected but after decreasing the dose and quitting I begun to have bigger issues.
Not all of them but some might also be psychosomatic but not all for sure.

I took an almost 3 month break from finasteride and took a DHT measurement. And after 3 months my DHT hadn't gone up.
It was still below range.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even so, if he's not liking it, a transplant is only going to even the density.

The density will be more EQUAL with a transplant. But it's still the same volume of hair.

There is a good chance he could make long term gains though, and adjust (if microdosed to
a smaller amount).

Why not have the best of both worlds?

Ljpviper

Reaction score
whats your libido like, get any morning wood?

i know you wont do it, but i would love to see a picture of you. suppressing dht for 20 plus years must change the way you look. weight gain, body hair etc.[/QUOTE

I recently dropped to 190 from 210 I a 5/11. I can still build muscle, of course not like 25. I have worked out since 15 and have a big frame. I still get morning wood. I don't doubt people get side effects from any drug. I guess the point I am making in 95 this was really almost pre-Internet, never had issues screwing girls then, at 25.

Also look at any 45 year old everyone starts looking soft at the age

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you didn't experiment sides effect on dutasteride ? why did you switch from proscar to duta ?

Ljpviper

Reaction score
I was loosing hair like at 18, l guess very strong bald gene. I noticed in 01 my hair looked thinner thus switched to avodart since then. Have been on it since then. Lol call me and old timer 95-2017 propecia/avodart user. As stated in the 90's proscar was god send there where no options.

Last edited:

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was loosing hair like at 18, l guess very strong bald gene. I noticed in 01 my hair looked thinner thus switched to avodart since then. Have been on it since then. Lol call me and old timer 95-2017 propecia/avodart user. As stated in the 90's proscar was god send there where no options.
a true veteran glad it worked out for u cuz i cant stand finasteride and i sm lossing hair like crazy even in the sides and the back dark thick hairs don't know its cuz of dandruff or stress about finasteride sides or the lack of nutrition or advance balding or maybe all i need to work on these things getting rid of dandruff cuz wll these hairs have some dandruff on the bubble

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Saiyaman
You are receeding very slowly. That makes you a prime candidate for Ru 58441. You don't have a large surface to cover and ru should be sufficient.

I think your balding is too weak to take the risk of finasteride.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sir! Sorry but in 2001 avodart did not exist.it was released in 2003

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sir! Sorry but in 2001 avodart did not exist.it was released in 2003

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It really is the unknown with taking it, most do well, some get cut down after a short period of time.

Just for the record the guy who prescribed it to me told me the same thing he never saw anyone with persisting problems, I believed him, then I found out that two seperate guys had tried to take legal action against his clinic for persisting sides that lasted longer than a year.

There does seem to be a pattern of guys that get sides have a history of depression and anxiety so with you taking lexapro that does suggest that.

You more than likely will be fine but just get yourself in good physical shape before you touch it I do believe there is something in what poster says above about physical state when you take it.

I'm not trying to scare you but feel obliged to point out my experience as if someone had of told me the same maybe I wouldn't have taken it and saved myself a lot of anguish.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
What sort of anguish