Actors going from leading role, to secondary, and supporting roles

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's more to do with popularity. Look at Bruce Willis, and Jason stathem baldness never stopped them. Then there's mark strong who plays a lot of villain characters. And not forgetting Samuel Jackson. If a character needs hair then they'll just put a wig on the actors.

Bruce and Jason are VERY type cast into action only rules for the most part. They have to play super stone cold action man or nothing

Reaction score
Bruce and Jason are VERY type cast into action only rules for the most part. They have to play super stone cold action man or nothing

When either of them die in movies, even when they're the heroes, I don't care. It's hard to emphasize with them, they're not even framed as likable characters, probably because it's impossible to do. Bald men are useful only as sardonic brutes.

I remember Jude Law used to play many relatable characters, many characters he played, such as in Cold Maintain or Closer relied on the audience caring for Jude Law.Now that he's bald he only plays villains or impassive action men, 1 recent movie of his he played this evil man who was contracted to remove the organs of people who had failed to make repayments on a loan (Repo Men it was called), I could not imagine the Jude Law with hair being in that role.

I don't understand why Jude Law lives as a "half" man, he could easily get a hair transplant and fix himself, his career would be saved. At present he'll never get a leading role again in a major film. What a waste of talent.

slipy

Reaction score
When either of them die in movies, even when they're the heroes, I don't care. It's hard to emphasize with them, they're not even framed as likable characters, probably because it's impossible to do. Bald men are useful only as sardonic brutes.

This is probably the thing that scares me most about male pattern baldness. It's the notion that it's practically impossible to evoke empathy in other humans when you look like that. So dehumanising.

As far as Jude Law, check this new shizz he's in. His hair looks fuller to me. Too full to be achieved with the degree of loss he had.

[video=youtube;wMDNgDl6ZnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMDNgDl6ZnQ[/video]

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a hairpiece... or bluntly, a WHIG.

Clearly actors need their hair... its interesting how they dont fund a solution themselves.

resu

Reaction score
Channing Tatum got a clue and must have gotten on finasteride and minoxidil because he was seriously losing it.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Channing Tatum got a clue and must have gotten on finasteride and minoxidil because he was seriously losing it.
Yeah I noticed that, I remember seeing him earlier films it looked as if he was experiencing some recession.

resu

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that, I remember seeing him earlier films it looked as if he was experiencing some recession.

He already had the island forming, he was also buzzing the hair during that time. I honestly thought he was accepting it but along the way must have gotten a clue.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
He already had the island forming, he was also buzzing the hair during that time. I honestly thought he was accepting it but along the way must have gotten a clue.

What is it tho. finasteride cant do that. Look at tosh. Tosh admits a mix of things tho on his show. Drugs, and having needles jammed all over his head. Whats bad is hes a funny guy so even HE NEEDS his hair to keep going. Mainly of course because he has a younger crowd.

I wonder if those stars that do go bald are ones who just have awful finasteride sides and never want to talk about it. Maybe Jude suffered/suffers horrid PFS which is why he cant do treatments to fix his issues. Travolta also. With that money youd think Travolta could do SOMETHING but he didnt.

shookwun

Reaction score
What is it tho. finasteride cant do that. Look at tosh. Tosh admits a mix of things tho on his show. Drugs, and having needles jammed all over his head. Whats bad is hes a funny guy so even HE NEEDS his hair to keep going. Mainly of course because he has a younger crowd.

I wonder if those stars that do go bald are ones who just have awful finasteride sides and never want to talk about it. Maybe Jude suffered/suffers horrid PFS which is why he cant do treatments to fix his issues. Travolta also. With that money youd think Travolta could do SOMETHING but he didnt.

He needs hair because he would look like an androgynous twink without it.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The comments... jesus christ, the comments. Funny how when a balding guy treats his hair loss he's called vain... but humiliation of baldness is not vain?

yep lol
the people criticising, making fun of his hair are probably the same ones who tell men to shave it
this guy did just that and look at how he is treated

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
The comments... jesus christ, the comments. Funny how when a balding guy treats his hair loss he's called vain... but humiliation of baldness is not vain?

I'm seeing more of "he's ridiculously attractive" than "lol ****in baldie"

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Jay's hairloss isn't too bad yet. Although it looks like he is destined for Phil Collins style hairloss (ie severe). I wonder if he's on meds