Aclaris Topical Jak Inhibitors For Treating Androgenetic Alopecia

clarence

Reaction score
JAK inhibitors will not work for Androgenetic Alopecia. Just ask George Cotsarelis, the statement he made a few years back!

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This will do nothing for Androgenetic Alopecia. A pic was shown of a universalis guy who regrew hair in a nw4 pattern. Essentially he had both forms of hair loss and jaks.only worked for.universalis. This is a bust for Androgenetic Alopecia simple as.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and how do you all know the role of the immune system in Androgenetic alopecia ? link me your double blind study results or justify your opinion dont just state it

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This will do nothing for Androgenetic Alopecia. A pic was shown of a universalis guy who regrew hair in a nw4 pattern. Essentially he had both forms of hair loss and jaks.only worked for.universalis. This is a bust for Androgenetic Alopecia simple as.
All it means is that the oral form of jakinibs, which Christiano said is less effective for growing hair, failed to work on not one but *two vexingly difficult to solve hairloss disorders. A topical form of jakinibs worked wonders for both normal mice and mice engineered to have human-like Androgenetic Alopecia. Christiano said, though, that mice skin is paper thin compared to human scalp with oil glands, a layer of fat et cetera, and that it would take some expertise to develop a topical formula to penetrate scalp in carrying the drug to the proper depth of follicles and remain there for longer than a few minutes at a time.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
We'll have to wait for the results. No shortcuts in science. 50-50 chance.

Well, I mean based on research paper and our understanding regarding this JAK, theoretically, will it work for Androgenetic Alopecia ?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I mean based on research paper and our understanding regarding this JAK, theoretically, will it work for Androgenetic Alopecia ?

Theoretically speaking, not a single proof, hint or foreboding this will work for Androgenetic Alopecia.
Everything works on mice.

Oral ones did sh*t for Androgenetic Alopecia on humans, let's wait and see for the "soft" JAKs

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9449161
This is always a problem of preparation/vehicle...
"CsA dissolved in olive oil" "At present, corn oil, castor oil and olive oil are the three most commonly used vehicles."
Exactly. In the Gilhar study, they had two responders listed, but all 10 had an increase in hair. Nothing in their limitations states the FACT that everyones scalp is different. Some more porous, some produce more sebum and thus expel and topical thats applied.
I ordered some CSA and cant wait to get it. Ill dermaroll then shower then apply. See what happens!

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

No idea. Christiano is the geneticist not me. She's already discovered a legit treatment for one harloss disorder. She's a true scientist and says it's worth a shot. "It will be a go or no go." - A. Christiano

abcdefg

Reaction score
id rather see that WAY osteoporsis drug that targets a protein in the WNT pathway get some testing and results than this. Maybe the immune system interferes with the normal WNT pathway blocking normal hair growth through that protein. The immune system is a big player in male pattern baldness for sure men get major regrowth on immune system suppressants.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
id rather see that WAY osteoporsis drug that targets a protein in the WNT pathway get some testing and results than this.

WAY sounds promising. And, from Christiano's research paper on JAK inhibitors:
JAK inhibitors stimulate hair follicles out of the resting phase into the growing phase. They also show the ability to elongate the growing phase.

JAK inhibitors activate the Wnt and Shh signaling pathway.

JAK inhibitors cause the activation of hair follicle progentior (stem) cells.

Tofacitinib (a JAK inhibitor) promotes inductivity of dermal papilla cells.

Tofacitinib promotes hair growth by positively affecting genes within pathways that are crucial to hair growth. For example: TGFB pathway genes, BMP pathway genes, LEF1, and NOTCH pathway genes.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From fool.com. lol

Our Androgenetic Alopecia-201 topical trial is a planned Phase II open-label clinical trial of ATI-502 for the topical treatment of androgenetic alopecia, that's A-G-A, also known as male/female pattern hair loss. And this trial is anticipated to begin in the first half of this year.

This trial will evaluate the effect of ATI-502 on the regrowth of hair in up to 24 patients with Androgenetic Alopecia. And data are expected in the first half of 2019.

And the topical for AA will be fast tracked through FDA approval process because there is currently no approved drug for that hairloss disorder.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else realize Aclaris hasn’t had a website in over two weeks?

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Aclaris Therapeutics Provides Update on Oral and Topical JAK 1/3 Inhibitor Clinical Trials
December 17, 2018
  • Conference call to be held and accompanying slide deck with photos to be included with Current Report on Form 8-K
WAYNE, Pa., Dec. 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACRS), a dermatologist-led biopharmaceutical company committed to identifying, developing, and commercializing innovative therapies to address significant unmet needs in dermatology, both aesthetic and medical, and immunology, today provided updated data from three clinical trials for ATI-502, an investigational topical Janus kinase (JAK) 1/3 inhibitor, an update on the expected release of topline data for one clinical trial for ATI-502, and an enrollment update for a clinical trial for ATI-501, an investigational oral JAK 1/3 inhibitor.

AA-202 Topical and AUATB-201 Topical are ongoing Phase 2 clinical trials of ATI-502 for the treatment of alopecia areata (AA) in the United States and Australia, respectively. In AA-202 Topical, 11 patients with the more severe forms of AA, alopecia universalis (AU) and alopecia totalis (AT), were treated with ATI-502 in an initial double-blind pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study for 28 days before entering a 12-month open-label extension. In AUATB-201 Topical, an open-label clinical trial, 12 patients with eyebrow loss due to AA, including patients with AU or AT, had their eyebrows treated with ATI-502 for 6 months. VITI-201 Topical is an open-label pilot clinical trial of ATI-502 administered twice daily in 34 patients with non-segmental facial vitiligo.

As announced in November, Aclaris completed enrollment of AA-201 Topical, a randomized, double-blinded, parallel-group, placebo-controlled trial to evaluate the safety, efficacy and dose response of two concentrations of ATI-502 for the treatment of AA. This trial enrolled 129 patients with patchy AA, who were randomized to receive either ATI-502 or placebo. The primary efficacy endpoint is the mean change from baseline in the Severity of Alopecia Tool (SALT) score at Week 24. Topline data from the AA-201 Topical trial are now expected in the second quarter of 2019.

In addition, Aclaris announced today that it has completed enrollment of AUAT-201 Oral, a randomized, double-blinded, parallel-group, placebo-controlled trial to evaluate the safety, efficacy and dose response of three concentrations of ATI-501 oral suspension for the treatment of AA. This trial enrolled 87 patients with AA, including AT and AU, who were randomized to receive either ATI-501 or placebo. The primary efficacy endpoint is the mean change from baseline in the SALT score at Week 24. Topline data from the AUAT-201 Oral trial are now expected in the third quarter of 2019.

“AA can be a psychologically devastating disease for which many patients do not have adequate options for treatment. Inhibition of the JAK1 and JAK3 pathways is an emerging therapeutic approach. We continue to advance our development programs for oral and topical formulations of JAK inhibitors with the goal of addressing the full spectrum of disease severity for patients living with AA,” said Dr. David Gordon, Chief Medical Officer of Aclaris.

Aclaris to Host Conference Call

Management will conduct a conference call at 5:00 PM ET today to discuss these updates. The conference call will be webcast live over the Internet and can be accessed on the Events section of the Investors page of the Aclaris website at https://investor.aclaristx.com/events. A replay of the webcast will be archived on the Aclaris website for 30 days following the call. An accompanying slide deck with photos will be included as an exhibit to a Current Report on Form 8-K that Aclaris will furnish to the SEC today.

http://investor.aclaristx.com/news-...utics-provides-update-oral-and-topical-jak-13

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Title of thread should be changed this has nothing to do with Androgenetic Alopecia as seen with the photo of the guy who recovered hie hair to reveal he has Androgenetic Alopecia too.