Aclaris Announces First Patient Dosed In A Pilot Study With Ati-502 Topical For Aag Pat

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway, I wanted to comment on how this holds potential for us Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers.
Jak-stat inhibition. This study says:
“(JAK-stat inhibition) results in rapid onset of anagen and subsequent hair growth. We show that JAK inhibition regulates the activation of key hair follicle populations such as the hair germ and improves the inductivity of cultured human dermal papilla cells by controlling a molecular signature enriched in intact, fully inductive dermal papillae.”
So we have to potential to replace the mostly ineffective growth stims currently available with this, along with a decent AA regimen.

This is interesting. Lets hope it works the same in-vivo. Are they talking about human DP Cells or Mouse DP cells?

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy sh*t. Wow you're f*****g crazy. lol. What did you order and how do you plan to use it? Have you read the potential side effects? What are you using right now?

Lol.

Currently on

17α-Estradiol
10 mg CB / 5mg RU
OC
Alpicort F & minoxidil (forelock only)

Waiting order that contains

Estriol
Daro
Equol
Tofa
Apple Phenols
Flutamide

When order arrives, will start using Estriol, Daro, Equol and Phenols on all of the scalp. Will test Flut

Then planning to use v low mg of Tofa on just my forelock hairline - will use about 0.2ml of 0.5% thus 1mg twice daily.. should minimize any side effects. Just want to test a small area (and the most important place that i want to get some growth) to see if JAK inhibitor can have any effect.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about tofa (xelnjanz) or ruxolitinib? Those were the only ones trialed for hairloss I believe.

Interesting story: Back in 2015 before I really knew what my hairloss was, and before I was on treatment, I used to frequent alopeciaworld. This was while I thought I might have frontal fibrosing alopecia because of my extreme recession. Anyway, I ended up talking to this guy in his 20’s who had AU (universalis) for like 10 years. He was the first guy to trial xeljanz for autoimmune alopecia. Regrew every single last hair that he’d lost. He said that he had no sides, but who knows how he is these days. Not sure if you can google his trial, but yeah. The guy was a miracle case. Total coincidence that we ended up being friends. Shame we lost touch. I’d love to know how he is.

i did actually inquire over ruxo as better solubility, but then i read this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28628689. No thanks, especially was will be applying to the skin.

Switched the order to Tofa as seems less side. Plus, as per IdealForehead points out, the topical being used by Aclaris is a JAK 1 and 3 inhibitor whilst Ruxo is actually 1 and 2, although as per your comment, they've both been used for hairloss treatment.

i did read a few months back that Aclaris is looking to develop a topical that minimizes absorption / rapidly metabolized when it hits the bloodstream to minimize sides. Called Soft topical. More info here:

https://www.folliclethought.com/aclaris-to-enter-phase-2-trial-for-androgenic-alopecia/

'Soft JAK inhibitors may be topically applied and active in the skin, but will be rapidly metabolized and inactivated when they enter the bloodstream, which may result in significantly reduced systemic exposure'

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. Its a new process to a lot of people and their directions are not easy to follow. Then getting your shipment is a whole other story. Had i not already spent the money i would have told the admin to suck a D.
Ive never been happy before by being banned somewhere, but i actually smiled when i was banned for inactivity.
Yeah same. I got some good information from the site but i found the entire culture to be really supremist and cult-like. It was odd. There was some great members no doubt, but overall I didn’t agree with the “everyone who isn’t on this forum is beneath us” sh*t that they go on about. I have legitimate mates on hairlosstalk. Clever, insightful people. I don’t miss p h g at all.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
i did actually inquire over ruxo as better solubility, but then i read this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28628689. No thanks, especially was will be applying to the skin.

Switched the order to Tofa as seems less side. Plus, as per IdealForehead points out, the topical being used by Aclaris is a JAK 1 and 3 inhibitor whilst Ruxo is actually 1 and 2, although as per your comment, they've both been used for hairloss treatment.

i did read a few months back that Aclaris is looking to develop a topical that minimizes absorption / rapidly metabolized when it hits the bloodstream to minimize sides. Called Soft topical. More info here:

https://www.folliclethought.com/aclaris-to-enter-phase-2-trial-for-androgenic-alopecia/

'Soft JAK inhibitors may be topically applied and active in the skin, but will be rapidly metabolized and inactivated when they enter the bloodstream, which may result in significantly reduced systemic exposure'
Yeah I read their studies. Acts locally which hypothetically could avoid the sides. Didn’t know their treatment was a jak1/3 though. That’s interesting.

Of course you’ve no obligation to disclose any of this, but may I ask where you got your tofa and what it cost you? What is you planned dosing and vehicle? I can imagine it’s a rather expensive venture.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is interesting. Lets hope it works the same in-vivo. Are they talking about human DP Cells or Mouse DP cells?
The lactate study was only performed on mice sadly.

Jak-stat inhibitors have been trialed on humans quite a lot already with success in autominne hairloss.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
75F32647-BF66-4DF1-8212-5ED901A2A7E6.jpeg
AEF41B2E-0C7C-475F-A5FA-9AF08398753D.jpeg
A07EB0E4-DA82-4B0C-A50A-8B9DF2AFD835.jpeg
E531DCDA-7412-48CE-8FDD-82007F830DF0.jpeg
3857B093-CFD6-4FFE-9458-82E75164ADDB.jpeg
2354601F-F9E7-455C-ACEA-CE161B9F16E1.jpeg
We may have seen these, but just to show you some of the results from AT/AU/AA patients who used tofa or ruxolitinib

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The lactate study was only performed on mice sadly.

Jak-stat inhibitors have been trialed on humans quite a lot already with success in autominne hairloss.

Yeah my dear, but Androgenetic Alopecia is a very different beast. Im so happy about Tsuji starting trials next year that i dont give a sh*t anymore about Aclaris

Sorry for derail the topic!

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I read their studies. Acts locally which hypothetically could avoid the sides. Didn’t know their treatment was a jak1/3 though. That’s interesting.

Of course you’ve no obligation to disclose any of this, but may I ask where you got your tofa and what it cost you? What is you planned dosing and vehicle? I can imagine it’s a rather expensive venture.

See below - seems to be inhibition of JAK 1, 2 and 3. Hopefully having JAK Inhib for 2 out 3 will work (1 seems common in both of the two processes). Is for Areata though

Cost is cheap - $64/G. Source is Alibaba - seem genuine... have a very high transaction rate, been around for 4 years (most are 1 or 2 yrs /scammers dont last) plus i've asked for some compounds (eg Certizine) to be told they didnt have. if scammers, would have said they had, then fulfilled with something fake as that's what they do! Will PM you.

http://www.jefferies.com/CMSFiles/Jefferies.com/files/Aclaris Therapeutics Inc(2).pdf

upload_2018-4-25_19-29-18.png

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah my dear, but Androgenetic Alopecia is a very different beast. Im so happy about Tsuji starting trials next year that i dont give a sh*t anymore about Aclaris

After a decade or so of following forums, i would say back every single darn horse in the paddock. Front runners have not yet come in!

Fingers crossed that will soon change

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bunch of guys on the private forum tried topical tofa which did f*** all. Ps they banned me for not buying their pge2 when I said I would, despite the fact that they never activated my account and I had no way of paying for it. Lol.

Hahahaha. That's what you get for hanging out on a secret white power hairloss forum. Those guys are all crazy. Bummer though if tofacinib is a bust. I still find it reassuring Aclaris is putting money into testing this. They wouldn't waste the funds if they thought it was pointless. So I'll wait to pass judgment until we get the study results back.

Most people don't stick with things long enough or assess results in a quantitative way. Plus those guys like us are the "hard cases" so it's not fair to judge a therapy by just their experiences.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Lol that’s ok. Tsuji is the horse I’m betting in too.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
See below - seems to be inhibition of JAK 1, 2 and 3. Hopefully having JAK Inhib for 2 out 3 will work (1 seems common in both of the two processes). Is for Areata though

Cost is cheap - $64/G. Source is Alibaba - seem genuine... have a very high transaction rate, been around for 4 years (most are 1 or 2 yrs /scammers dont last) plus i've asked for some compounds (eg Certizine) to be told they didnt have. if scammers, would have said they had, then fulfilled with something fake as that's what they do! Will PM you.

http://www.jefferies.com/CMSFiles/Jefferies.com/files/Aclaris Therapeutics Inc(2).pdf

View attachment 86652
Oh I see, thank you. How are you preparing it? I’m assuming you are doing a topical?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahahaha. That's what you get for hanging out on a secret white power hairloss forum. Those guys are all crazy. Bummer though if tofacinib is a bust. I still find it reassuring Aclaris is putting money into testing this. They wouldn't waste the funds if they thought it was pointless. So I'll wait to pass judgment until we get the study results back.

Most people don't stick with things long enough or assess results in a quantitative way. Plus those guys like us are the "hard cases" so it's not fair to judge a therapy by just their experiences.
I think they probably don’t have the doses or route of admin correct. I agree, alcaris is a reputable company and wouldn’t be investing in something that didn’t truly hold potential.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i'll certainly give you points for thoroughness. 1 mg twice daily is what I would do with tofacitinib as well. With the whole dose so focused on a small area it should give you a good answer easily.
You’re using flutamide topically? Honestly it really dose absorb completely, so you may as well take it orally.
How do you find alpicort f? That’s something that I actually considered.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i'll certainly give you points for thoroughness. 1 mg twice daily is what I would do with tofacitinib as well. With the whole dose so focused on a small area it should give you a good answer easily.
The thought of one day seeing before and after pics like that for Androgenetic Alopecia...:rolleyes:
yeah say if tsuji gets it right and we see completely bald Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers regrowing full heads. I would probably cry. Not even exaggerating. It would mean potentially being able to live my life again.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re using flutamide topically? Honestly it really dose absorb completely, so you may as well take it orally.
How do you find alpicort f? That’s something that I actually considered.

From what I get from his post he's planning on taking flutamide orally.

Flutamide should probably never be used topically as it's not fully biologically active. It must be converted to hydroxyflutamide to have full activity. This conversion typically occurs in the liver. I don't know if it would happen in the skin.

Incidentally I was just trying to find out what the strength differential of hydroxyflutamide and flutamide was (it's 10-25x) and came across some other interesting points on flutamide from Wikipedia:

"Flutamide has been found to be equal to slightly more potent than cyproterone acetate and substantially more potent than spironolactone as an antiandrogen in bioassays. This is in spite of the fact that it has on the order of 10-fold lower affinity for the AR relative to cyproterone acetate. Flutamide has far lower affinity for the AR than spironolactone and cyproterone acetate, and it is a relatively weak antiandrogen in terms of potency by weight, but the large dosages at which flutamide is used appear to compensate for this."

Comparison table (RBA = relative binding affinity):

flutamide.PNG

I find this interesting. It shows how incredibly powerful DHT's affinity for the androgen receptor is even compared to some of our stronger anti-androgens.

I also think the statement that flutamide is roughly equal to cyproterone in practice and both are greater than spironolactone probably makes sense. I can definitely say a full dose of cyproterone feels much stronger than spironolactone. Interesting to conceptualize cypro and flutamide "on the same level" and interesting flutamide can outperform what you'd expect from its low RBA.

As they say, having a low RBA can be compensated for by higher doses. ie. A high enough dose of hydroxyflutamide can still block out DHT despite having only a tiny fraction of its affinity. The max dose will be limited by drug tolerance and toxicity. So flutamide can "catch up" through high doses.

Would love to see how daro fits into that affinity ladder relative to DHT.

Last edited: