Aclaris Announces First Patient Dosed In A Pilot Study With Ati-502 Topical For Aag Pat

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's good that you're doing well on your therapy.

What are you doing these days (as some people don't update their regimen).

Mine is up to date with the exception that I'm taking 5 mg finasteride a day as well for the past 2 weeks as I can't apply my topicals as well or regularly since having had surgery 3-4 weeks ago. The finasteride feels like it's wearing me out so this is just temporary until my scalp is healed.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hoping for miracles; expecting f*** all
can't say better than that. But that's the game. We are here to wait and hope for "good " news. company moving in the right direction, that's always a good news.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
never picked up on what this JAK inhibiting treatment can actually achieve. does it address the dht issue?

So if this comes on the market, It will be something like minoxidil (Telogen -> anagen) ?

Yeah, in principle it's supposed to help stimulate transition from telogen (rest phase) to anagen (growth phase) and thus stimulate greater recovery of hair follicles once the damaging signals (ie. androgens) are interrupted.

It would ideally be used in combination with an anti-androgen or other agent to block androgenic damage (eg. PGD inhibitor, anti-histamine).

We don't have very many effective ways to stimulate a telogen > anagen transition so this would be very helpful.

Minoxidil is one but it's terrible for your skin in my experience.

Wounding and PRP do this also but in a messy and inefficient way in my opinion. I also worry with these about increased collagen deposition and scarring from long term use, which could then become problematic.

Estrogens in theory can do this through ER-beta stimulation, but my experiments with estriol just left me with eczema and asthma (which are mostly gone again now), so that could hardly be considered a "clean" mechanism. Estrogen seems to interact with the immune system.

If a topical JAK inhibitor can promote anagen effectively without too much other mess, it would be very helpful for maximizing re-growth once you have a good regimen already in place.

I would be very eager to try one if the evidence is remotely decent when the studies are done. We need more growth stimulants. The ones we have are not so great.

This problem and how JAK inhibitors may solve it is summarized here:

Several hair growth disorders are characterized by the inability to reenter the growth phase of the hair cycle (anagen) due to hair follicle (HF) miniaturization. Current pharmacological therapy for androgenetic alopecia is primarily focused on the prevention of further hair loss. However, the search for pharmacologic agents to restart the hair cycle has been largely unsatisfactory. Recently, we demonstrated that pharmacological inhibition of the Janus kinase (JAK)–signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) pathway promotes rapid hair regrowth in alopecia areata in both mice and humans (1). Here, we show that pharmacological inhibition of JAK-STAT signaling initiates the hair cycle in normal mice and promotes growth of hair follicles in humans.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4646834/

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There were cases of patients with both Androgenetic Alopecia and DUPA and they didnt regrow the hair lost by Androgenetic Alopecia influence

I think its gonna be a big failure, time will tell...

They've only tried topical on mice before. ATA-502 is a topical they'll be trying on people first time.
wth is DUPA?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I can deduce, ATI-502 is just topical tofacitinib. Is there any documentation that can confirm this?

Here is what I'm working from:

- "Tofacitinib targets JAK1 and JAK3" (ref).
- ATI-502 is the name of a solution for hair loss, not the active ingredient, and it is described a JAK1/3 inhibitor also.
- Aclaris has the patent on tofacitinib already (ref).

If ATI-502 works it would very easy to DIY topical tofacitinib.

- Dose of tofacitinib is 5 mg orally twice daily for rheumatoid arthritis (ref).
- Risks of tofacitinib are listed here and are no joke but in theory one could use a small dose topically without too much of this.
- Tofacitinib is cheap as dirt on Alibaba.

Thoughts? If we get even a little bit more concrete science/data to prove this stuff stimulates hair growth in non-autoimmune human hairloss, I might be willing to give it a spin.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, in principle it's supposed to help stimulate transition from telogen (rest phase) to anagen (growth phase) and thus stimulate greater recovery of hair follicles once the damaging signals (ie. androgens) are interrupted.

It would ideally be used in combination with an anti-androgen or other agent to block androgenic damage (eg. PGD inhibitor, anti-histamine).

We don't have very many effective ways to stimulate a telogen > anagen transition so this would be very helpful.

Minoxidil is one but it's terrible for your skin in my experience.

Wounding and PRP do this also but in a messy and inefficient way in my opinion. I also worry with these about increased collagen deposition and scarring from long term use, which could then become problematic.

Estrogens in theory can do this through ER-beta stimulation, but my experiments with estriol just left me with eczema and asthma (which are mostly gone again now), so that could hardly be considered a "clean" mechanism. Estrogen seems to interact with the immune system.

If a topical JAK inhibitor can promote anagen effectively without too much other mess, it would be very helpful for maximizing re-growth once you have a good regimen already in place.

I would be very eager to try one if the evidence is remotely decent when the studies are done. We need more growth stimulants. The ones we have are not so great.

This problem and how JAK inhibitors may solve it is summarized here:

Several hair growth disorders are characterized by the inability to reenter the growth phase of the hair cycle (anagen) due to hair follicle (HF) miniaturization. Current pharmacological therapy for androgenetic alopecia is primarily focused on the prevention of further hair loss. However, the search for pharmacologic agents to restart the hair cycle has been largely unsatisfactory. Recently, we demonstrated that pharmacological inhibition of the Janus kinase (JAK)–signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) pathway promotes rapid hair regrowth in alopecia areata in both mice and humans (1). Here, we show that pharmacological inhibition of JAK-STAT signaling initiates the hair cycle in normal mice and promotes growth of hair follicles in humans.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4646834/

In partnership with AAs makes a lot of sense. I like your thinking.

Recently ordered a JAK inhibitior from what I consider to be a trustworthy alibaba source. Look fwd to trialing.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

Recently ordered a JAK inhibitior from what I consider to be a trustworthy alibaba source. Look fwd to trialing.

Holy sh*t. Wow you're f*****g crazy. lol. What did you order and how do you plan to use it? Have you read the potential side effects? What are you using right now?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bunch of guys on the private forum tried topical tofa which did f*** all. Ps they banned me for not buying their pge2 when I said I would, despite the fact that they never activated my account and I had no way of paying for it. Lol.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bunch of guys on the private forum tried topical tofa which did f*** all. Ps they banned me for not buying their pge2 when I said I would, despite the fact that they never activated my account and I had no way of paying for it. Lol.
Getting sh*t accomplished on that site is next to Impossible

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting sh*t accomplished on that site is next to Impossible
They kept hassling me and I was like “ok, but you haven’t activated my account”. Happened a few times and I just got sick of it and ignored it all. They need to stop treating their members like subhumans. I knew i’d get banned, but I honestly was over seeing how people were being spoken to by the admin. I don’t believe in kicking people while they’re down, or calling someone stupid while they are still learning.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Are you talking about tofa (xelnjanz) or ruxolitinib? Those were the only ones trialed for hairloss I believe.

Interesting story: Back in 2015 before I really knew what my hairloss was, and before I was on treatment, I used to frequent alopeciaworld. This was while I thought I might have frontal fibrosing alopecia because of my extreme recession. Anyway, I ended up talking to this guy in his 20’s who had AU (universalis) for like 10 years. He was the first guy to trial xeljanz for autoimmune alopecia. Regrew every single last hair that he’d lost. He said that he had no sides, but who knows how he is these days. Not sure if you can google his trial, but yeah. The guy was a miracle case. Total coincidence that we ended up being friends. Shame we lost touch. I’d love to know how he is.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, although people have tried topical tofa, studies have shown that you need a pretty decent oral dose to achieve regrowth of AUTOIMMUNE hairloss. Who knows how this translates into Androgenetic Alopecia if at all, but the thing is we just don’t know what the appropriate doses for hereditary hairloss are. People were also just throwing it in ethanol.
I know that there was once a tofa topical brought it by some company but seems to have disappeared now.

Anyway, I wanted to comment on how this holds potential for us Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers.
Jak-stat inhibition. This study says:
“(JAK-stat inhibition) results in rapid onset of anagen and subsequent hair growth. We show that JAK inhibition regulates the activation of key hair follicle populations such as the hair germ and improves the inductivity of cultured human dermal papilla cells by controlling a molecular signature enriched in intact, fully inductive dermal papillae.”
So we have to potential to replace the mostly ineffective growth stims currently available with this, along with a decent AA regimen.

Here’s what I find reeeeaaaally odd. There have been studies which show JAK-stat signalling is GOOD for hair growth, by promoting stem cell renewal, normalisation of hair follicle metabolism and cycling. “ The research showed that JAK-Stat activation leads to the increased production of lactate and this in turn drives hair follicle stem cell activation and quicker hair growth.”
http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/u...-way-to-activate-stem-cells-to-make-hair-grow

So whoooooo the f*** knows guys. Who the f*** knows.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They kept hassling me and I was like “ok, but you haven’t activated my account”. Happened a few times and I just got sick of it and ignored it all. They need to stop treating their members like subhumans. I knew i’d get banned, but I honestly was over seeing how people were being spoken to by the admin. I don’t believe in kicking people while they’re down, or calling someone stupid while they are still learning.
Exactly. Its a new process to a lot of people and their directions are not easy to follow. Then getting your shipment is a whole other story. Had i not already spent the money i would have told the admin to suck a D.
Ive never been happy before by being banned somewhere, but i actually smiled when i was banned for inactivity.