Accutane a cure

mintberrycrunch

Reaction score
Boomer01 said:
Well he convinced me to stay on the pill, but is cutting back my dosage. I was taking 40mg twice a day which he says is recommended for a male. I am now going to once a day every other day and twice a day the rest. Hopefully this will cut down on the dryness and shedding.

how you doing? any updates for us?

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
mintberrycrunch said:
Boomer01 said:
Well he convinced me to stay on the pill, but is cutting back my dosage. I was taking 40mg twice a day which he says is recommended for a male. I am now going to once a day every other day and twice a day the rest. Hopefully this will cut down on the dryness and shedding.

Well, I am still on accutane but I will be finishing in about a week. Switching from twice a day to 2 one day/1 every other day has helped with the severe dryness, but not much has changed with the shedding. I cannot 100% say for sure that it is all caused by the accutane because I started finasteride a month before. I will be interested to see if the shedding drops off after stopping accutane. I will update after.

mintberrycrunch

Reaction score
Boomer01 said:
mintberrycrunch said:
Boomer01 said:

Well, I am still on accutane but I will be finishing in about a week. Switching from twice a day to 2 one day/1 every other day has helped with the severe dryness, but not much has changed with the shedding. I cannot 100% say for sure that it is all caused by the accutane because I started finasteride a month before. I will be interested to see if the shedding drops off after stopping accutane. I will update after.

Two months ago, I started using accutane 10mg every 2nd day because of my hair loss and oily hair. I have never experienced any shedding - my hair just gets less and less...
Since using accutane my hair is no longer oily, but because I don't have any shedding, it is hard to tell whether it stops my hair loss. I took pictures and will post them in 3 months and hopefully see a difference. Otherwise I will start fina.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Oily hair doesn't mean you're suffering from Alopecia. Lots of people have oils hair and they are fine. The problem with hair loss is a gene related issue that simply stops producing specific things we need to grow hair thick and strong.

Now if you want to fix oily hair, it's simple. Use 2% Nizoral. It fixed my oily hair, dries it our very nicely.

dorombl

Reaction score
Hi!
I took accutane when I was 17, but 2 years later my acne came back. While I was on this drug my hair was very dry and so on... From 17 to 18 I have lost hair on my front areas... I had to take accutane again when I was 21, for almost a year. The result is now a thin hair, and baldness on the frontal area. I just stopped taking accutane.. Help me please. I thought maybe I should use Rogain or Spectral UHP only just on the front, and take saw palmetto, zinc etc... Does anyone have any experience with same problems? Is there a solution? I want my hair back... Thanks!

resu

Reaction score
Did you know that a few years ago, the legendary Dr. Albert M. Kligman (probably the most famous name in the history of dermatology) did a very careful study which examined the effects of sex hormones (both androgens and estrogens) on sebum production (citation available, on request)? He found that giving as much as 300 mg/day of methyl testosterone orally to healthy young men had no effect at all on their sebum production! Are you aware of that? That seems to debunk the popular notion that so many people have (among other myths) that eating sugary foods causes acne by increasing sebum production: sugar ---> more insulin ---> more androgens ---> more sebum ---> more acne. Maybe it also helps debunk the theory that eating sugar and other similar foods also causes hair loss! :)

It definitely does in my case, after I avoided all sugary and high cholesterol foods my face cleared up nicely, not a single pimple. I still have horrible memories from eating fried chicken, pizza, cheese... and how my skin would get itchy and sure enough next day I would get nasty acne on my back, shoulders and odd places that shouldn't get acne. I have read that, this shouldn't happen but it does, I noticed the pattern too often.

The pores in my face also reduced, I couldn't believe it, I thought something looked off then I saw that the skin on my nose was smooth.

ABJac

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but for anyone here looking to reduce/balance sebum levels, you should be looking into these two supplements.

1. Glabardin- Licorice root extract that supposedly cleans makes the bodies sebum production cleaner and more efficient
2. Vilantae- A vitamin a derivative (vilantae is to accutane what saw palmetto is to propecia, but probably more effective)

These two along with a good balance of omega 3's and healthy exercise should really make a big difference

HairShocka

Reaction score
Still using Coenzyme A?

If you want to balance the sebum production you should try Coenzyme A supplement.

I am on it right now and the sebum just ****ing die. one of the best supplements that I tried so far...just kick ***!

Hi squegee. Do you still use Coenzyme A? At 31, I'm balding for sure, but adding greasy face and scalp makes me feel worse. Any advice on this or anything else you've found that helps with sebum production would be greatly appreciated.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys
this is very intersting stuff,

i actually thought about that thing exactly, couple of years back -
taking accutane at a much lower doses than the norm.
maybe once, twice a week as opposed to ED, maybe even less (or maybe more, but not more than 1/3 normal dose).

@ the guys who tried it -
what can you say about it ?