According To This Forum How Many People Are Non Responders To Finasteride?

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Title.

It's not doing sh*t for me & it's been nearly 3 months f***

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets see your hair. There are very few true non responders to finasteride. In my experience, most of the alleged non responders turn out to have BDD when they show their hair pics.

Jifgilfos

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a lot of guys who want go from nw4 to nw0 in 1-2-3 month with finasteride.
Just be patient!

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets see your hair. There are very few true non responders to finasteride. In my experience, most of the alleged non responders turn out to have BDD when they show their hair pics.
I see your point but this is quite unfair imo. Hair loss has to start somewhere and some people are just trying to catch it in its early stages. Labelling as BDD is over the top.

I've been using finasteride (generic: accord) and nizoral for around 3 months. I lose about 100 hairs in the shower and finasteride has not slowed this down even remotely. Should I switch to propecia? I've seen sh*t on here about generic brands being worse but I was skeptical. I'll gladly take duta instead if needs be. I'm only 21...

The front of my hairline looks so sparse under white light it's awful. Also the wait my hair sits has changed. Density is shot everywhere on the scalp.

my pics:

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    388.1 KB · Views: 776
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    660.5 KB · Views: 700
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 593

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
BDD, just as I had suspected. ^
how can you POSSIBLY call this BDD? Do I need to be f*****g NW4 just to be considered balding? give me a break lol

you can clearly see my hairline creeping back, shorter hairs at the front and bits of my scalp.

Whats more, this isn't even under the best lighting. There's no white light in my house.

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    660.5 KB · Views: 385

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are not balding u utter BDD imbecile.
Except I am. I lose 100 hairs when I shower & my density is completely shot. Do you understand that balding has to START SOMEWHERE? Maybe I've caught it early but my density is f*****g destroyed. It's ridiculous to say I'm not balding lol. I've even had my scalp looked at & the front has less density/ more vellus hairs than say the sides or the back.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Except I am. I lose 100 hairs when I shower & my density is completely shot. Do you understand that balding has to START SOMEWHERE? Maybe I've caught it early but my density is f*****g destroyed. It's ridiculous to say I'm not balding lol. I've even had my scalp looked at & the front has less density/ more vellus hairs than say the sides or the back.
U suffer from low iq and BDD, but hair loss nope.

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
@OP

the original study by merck lists the % of non-responders

yes you could be a non-responder

your pics don't really convey anything though. need better lighting to see things clearly

i feel im a non-responder

4 yrs on Propecia, brand not generic. continued to lose ground. Diffuse thinning up top and loss of temporal peaks, recession in temple corners, etc.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP first and foremost 3 months is absolutely nothing . Even the best responders on the entire forum dont see results like that. Many argue you shouldn't even compare until the 1 year mark to truly know.

Also when you start finasteride, most people shed heavily. I shed heavily for about 3-4 months before it stabilised.

Lastly shedding 100 hairs when you have as much hair as you do is completely normal for any head of hair Androgenetic Alopecia or not. Having Androgenetic Alopecia we just become super OCD and notice every single hair that falls out.

Give it time.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude comes to me with a perfect NW0 hairline and tells me that he is a finasteride non-responder, LOL.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months is not enough to make any statement about finasteride.
You lose hair on finasteride for many many months. Its normal.
You are a thick NW0. Stop worrying about hairloss.
Shedding doesnt mean you have hairloss.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude comes to me with a perfect NW0 hairline and tells me that he is a finasteride non-responder, LOL.

Sometimes pictures do not tell the best stories, especially in diffuse thinners. People laughed at me too when I first came to this forum 2 years ago when I started finasteride, saying I shouldn't be taking finasteride for a mature hairline at most. Now I need to shave my head.

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes pictures do not tell the best stories, especially in diffuse thinners. People laughed at me too when I first came to this forum 2 years ago when I started finasteride, saying I shouldn't be taking finasteride for a mature hairline at most. Now I need to shave my head.

Exactly. Ironic that someone as unintelligent and inarticulate as @ScaredOfBalding is trying to label me these things. It's not that I, or any person who wants to exercise caution has 'BDD', it's just that this forum has somehow managed to make 'balding' some kind of exclusive group you can only get into if you're NW4 +

Tragic.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watching threads on this forum makes me think that 80% of us are non-responders.Than looking up results on sites like The Belgravia Centre makes me want to kill myself.