"accept Your Flaws" Bad (bad) Argument

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I hate when people say that we should accept hairloss because everyone has flaws. People fail to realize that hairloss is more then just a flaw it's a transformation of sorts.

Accepting being ugly is different then accepting hairloss. It sucks if you are born ugly but at least you have always been that way. The hardest part of hairloss in my opinion is the fact that you are losing your looks, especially bad if it's happening at a young age. I've tried therapy and stuff for hairloss is this is always the advice I get "accept yourself more". Who the hell can accept losing 3-4 points of attractiveness at such a young age?

The everyone has flaws argument is so dumb it just blows me away. Hairloss is not some minor flaw everyone else has - it turns you into a bald /balding creep unless you are one of the people who can actually pull it off your basically f*cked. Espically if you are
A) someone who cares about appearance
B) someone looking to get laid / date / normal youth
C) career that requires you to look presentable

I could never accept this condition. I hope In the future I have still not accepted it. I cringe about thinking of myself 10 years from now as some estranged looking bald guy thinking to myself delusionally "yea I accepted this". Bs.

SomeoneHasToSayIt

My Regimen
Reaction score
The relevant similarity between hair loss and ugliness is that, in many cases, neither is voluntary or rectifiable. Assuming that's the case for you (treatments aren't working or are poorly tolerated, hairpiece/transplants aren't financially or otherwise viable), it's very good advice. What else are you going to do? Wallow in self-pity for the rest of your life? The petulance here is just obnoxious. What do you say to the ugly person who asks "who can accept being a 1?!" or the stupid person who asks "who can accept being genetically-fated to wage slavery???" A big part of life is building the emotional maturity to deal with your imperfections.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Actually if you don't accept your baldness, it will damage your life.

Best possible treatment for baldness is accepting it.
Because fighting this leads to failure.

Bald pull off looks is myth.
How can a young 22 year old girl accept a guy that look older than age.

Best bet is to go for girls aged 27 or more if you are 30.

Don't fight this hairloss.
You cannot win this.
Your Fight with hairloss is joke for non caring world.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Accepting something doesn't mean to stop fighting but rather to start.
Except of there is nothing you can do which depends on how well you respond to treatments and how far you are willing to go/ how much you want to risk.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Accepting something doesn't mean to stop fighting but rather to start.
Except of there is nothing you can do which depends on how well you respond to treatments and how far you are willing to go/ how much you want to risk.

Acceptance is a synonym for giving up. Pussies accept, winners reject.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
True, but it's quite hard to be a "winner" when you're a below average Norwood 4 who doesn't respond to treatment, you're the complete opposite so you can't possibly understand.

At least you're still treating it. You didn't just throw your hands up in the air and say 'f*** it, genetic destiny, bald beast hurr durr'.

I dunno Dante. I was in what felt like rock bottom at the time as well - I was nearing a NW3 at my worst point and I had heavy diffusion. Propecia wasn't working for me and I would've been a Norwood 4 in 1-2 years if I had stayed on it. Look at my hair here:

https://s23.postimg.org/daswrhzw7/f***.jpg

sh*t was completely unstyleable, I started shaving no guard shortly after that.

Minoxidil helped somewhat, but I didn't quit losing until I threw in big guns like estrogen and RU. Only then I started to get what seems like a semi-normal head of hair. I used things most people would consider crazy and endured side effects just so I could be myself again.

I still experiment with all kinds of sh*t and wouldn't mind trying even crazier drugs like enzalutamide topically. Desperation does strange things to a person, clouds your judgement. But if you really want hair back, well... you have to be willing to take some risks.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The relevant similarity between hair loss and ugliness is that, in many cases, neither is voluntary or rectifiable. Assuming that's the case for you (treatments aren't working or are poorly tolerated, hairpiece/transplants aren't financially or otherwise viable), it's very good advice. What else are you going to do? Wallow in self-pity for the rest of your life? The petulance here is just obnoxious. What do you say to the ugly person who asks "who can accept being a 1?!" or the stupid person who asks "who can accept being genetically-fated to wage slavery???" A big part of life is building the emotional maturity to deal with your imperfections.

ugly people can get plastic surgery. baldies can't do sh*t.
being bald is the most tragic thing that can happen to a man, if i somehow knew that there will never be a cure for baldness in the next 20 years, i will end my life. because bald men are already dead, they died the day they noticed their hairloss. they are just ghosts, soulless skeletons walking.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if i somehow knew that there will never be a cure for baldness in the next 20 years, i will end my life.
I bet if I killed myself now, the cure for baldness will be out next year.
Well, If I don't, nothing will happen.
Why?
Because the logic of the world is ironic.

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The trouble with accepting hair loss unlike accepting a crooked nose or teeth,things of that nature is that your crooked nose is still a crooked nose in the morning. Hair who knows what your walking up to in the morning. Wake up thinking I can live with that today..... mother nature comes along and you all know how the story goes.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever says:
Pussies accept,winners reject.

How corrupted your mind must be.

You shield yourself from my statements by discarding them and labeling them as wrong without any kind of actual argument.
Perhaps my mind is corrupted, but yours is weak and incapable to entertain someone else's viewpoint.

Androgenetic alopecia is a disease with inadequate treatment in its current form. As far as I know you are a medical doctor and part of the establishment. By preaching for acceptance instead of pushing for a cure, you are not helping anyone, you are part of the problem.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
You shield yourself from my statements by discarding them and labeling them as wrong without any kind of actual argument.
Perhaps my mind is corrupted, but yours is weak and incapable to entertain someone else's viewpoint.

Androgenetic alopecia is a disease with inadequate treatment in its current form. As far as I know you are a medical doctor and part of the establishment. By preaching for acceptance instead of pushing for a cure, you are not helping anyone, you are part of the problem.

What have you earned fighting with hair loss?
If you are using Finasteride,i bet you must have won against against hair fall,congratulations.
Login to life of your dreams.Enjoy.

Acceptance is for the peace of mind that nothing can be done for someone like me who is norwood 6.
We can divert our worries from this to do something better in life like job/business,hoping to create positive halo effect based on our hard work.

Hair follicle is complex mini organ.
We had amazing Body.
We have on one side Liver,one of the most vital organ that can regrow itself while
we can't do much in hair follicle.
Also changing hormonal levels can affect other vital function in the body.

Hair loss Industry is weakest Industry in Medical Field.
Why would companies spend money on this if they see more money in other fields.
For your Info,US hairloss Industry is $4 Billion dollars US.
On the other hand,T.B treatment cost massive $ 340 Billion US dollars from 2006 to 2014 to government of India.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What have you earned fighting with hair loss?
If you are using Finasteride,i bet you must have won against against hair fall,congratulations.
Login to life of your dreams.Enjoy.

I earned peace of mind, being able to look at myself in the mirror when I go out, and being happy with what I see. Is that not enough?
I don't use Finasteride anymore, only topicals. And in fact the main reason I come here is not to complain about my life being bad because of hair loss, just look at my posts, I do not make those types of posts very often. In fact I come here to log my progress and describe my treatment experiments for people who still want to fight, which many are grateful for. And I also advise many people via private messages.

Acceptance is for the peace of mind that nothing can be done for someone like me who is norwood 6.
We can divert our worries from this to do something better in life like job/business,hoping to create positive halo effect based on our hard work.

Yes but what about people who can still save their hair? Do you think that someone who is only just NW2 should just give up and 'accept' if he has a chance to use the medications and keep his hair for many years?

Hair loss Industry is weakest Industry in Medical Field.
Why would companies spend money on this if they see more money in other fields.
For your Info,US hairloss Industry is $4 Billion dollars US.
On the other hand,T.B treatment cost massive $ 340 Billion US dollars from 2006 to 2014 to government of India.

One of the main reasons that hair loss industry does not make a lot of revenue is that most people don't view Finasteride as some brilliant solution. It doesn't regrow hair, most people know that, so they don't think of it as a worthy treatment.
Imagine if they made a 'real' cure that could go NW6->NW1 without side effects. Suddenly hair loss industry explodes and they would earn billions of dollars. The money is just waiting to be made for the first team to make the successful cure.

SomeoneHasToSayIt

My Regimen
Reaction score
ugly people can get plastic surgery. baldies can't do sh*t.
being bald is the most tragic thing that can happen to a man, if i somehow knew that there will never be a cure for baldness in the next 20 years, i will end my life. because bald men are already dead, they died the day they noticed their hairloss. they are just ghosts, soulless skeletons walking.

That's moronic. "Just get plastic surgery." Are you serious? If plastic surgery could give everyone excellent looks, all men of means would have transformed into Brad Pitt by now. If you're willing blow tens of thousands of dollars you can touch up a bad nose, a poorly developed jaw (within limits), and slightly augment a few other features, but you can't change most of your ratios and you can't magically give yourself perfect features. On the flip-side, if you're bald, you actually can quite easily buy a good wig and look pretty decent. It's far from a perfect option, but it's orders of magnitude more effective than most of what genuinely ugly people have available. Anyway, enjoy your shitty life then. Idk why I bothered leaving that response.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's moronic. "Just get plastic surgery." Are you serious? If plastic surgery could give everyone excellent looks, all men of means would have transformed into Brad Pitt by now. If you're willing blow tens of thousands of dollars you can touch up a bad nose, a poorly developed jaw (within limits), and slightly augment a few other features, but you can't change most of your ratios and you can't magically give yourself perfect features. On the flip-side, if you're bald, you actually can quite easily buy a good wig and look pretty decent. It's far from a perfect option, but it's orders of magnitude more effective than most of what genuinely ugly people have available. Anyway, enjoy your shitty life then. Idk why I bothered leaving that response.

you just need to spend more money to get results.
also, bald people were not born like this. it's not the same problem.

resu

Reaction score
Men are competing with other men, of course they want you to accept your baldness and for bald guys to shave, what they're saying is that you're not worth of passing your genes or to get in a relationship because that would mean less women for them, so expose your flaws in order to be easier to discriminate you. We are still primates, remember that.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Men are competing with other men, of course they want you to accept your baldness and for bald guys to shave, what they're saying is that you're not worth of passing your genes or to get in a relationship because that would mean less women for them, so expose your flaws in order to be easier to discriminate you. We are still primates, remember that.

women compete with women too, but they don't tell eachother "aging is natural, stop fighting it ! "
they show that they are ready to pay every penny to fight it.
men don't show this kind of behavior, they accept their problems easily. that's why there isn't much money being invested to cure this sh*t.