Absolute Confirmation From Using Topical Castor Oil?

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's reports of people taking it orally. It's been mentioned before on the Derma Rolling thread, to mix Vitamin B12 tablets into minoxidil to increase it's effect, but you can use Castor Oil instead for those not wanting to use minoxidil.

Also, in another thread, it mentions that gains from Castor Oil remain even after you drop it, unlike minoxidil.

Stuff gets mentioned here and there. Is this true? Please post pictures if you have any, and report your experience with Topical Castor Oil. Confirm this works. We may think this is a large community, but we are clearly lacking.

Also, has anyone actually tried dropping Vitamin B12 into their minoxidil?

whoken

Reaction score
Applied topically, got some peach hair that never went terminal. After three or four months I stopped using as I realized it made me break out all around the hairline.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Applied topically, got some peach hair that never went terminal. After three or four months I stopped using as I realized it made me break out all around the hairline.

Was that the only thing you were on? Just Castor Oil? No minoxidil involved?

Did you just apply it straight or did you mix it into a vehicle?

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out this guy:

He's legit, had great results.
Watch the whole video and be amazed at his before and after pictures of his hairline.
The thing about castor oil is that it has to be "cold pressed" to do anything.
I had 2 kinds, one that is cold pressed and one that is not,
and I could definitely feel the difference, when I massaged the cold pressed one into my scalp I felt tingling,
it was a great feeling, but when I used the other kind that is not cold pressed there was no feeling at all.
It does something for sure, but I guess it changes from one person to another like every other product.

whoken

Reaction score
Was that the only thing you were on? Just Castor Oil? No minoxidil involved?

Did you just apply it straight or did you mix it into a vehicle?

Yep nothing else. I applied it straight, left it on for the night, I heard it takes several hours for it to be absorbed by the scalp.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep nothing else. I applied it straight, left it on for the night, I heard it takes several hours for it to be absorbed by the scalp.

Good to know. Try adding Vitamin B12 to see if it enhances the effect.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No difference, it looks the same just the hair got longer, I wouldn't believe that unless I see villus hair growing in a bald area, actually I don't believe castor oil is helping in hair growth at all.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did alot of reading up on it after seeing swisstemples Prostaglandin protocol. According to his research its a PGE2 ep3 agonist - of course his protocol had alot of other stuff in it though. Theres alot of mixed reviews on using it if you look around. On his askfm page there were a couple of people reporting regrowth using castor oil alone. But nothing major. But keep in mind most people used a penetration enhancer. I tried it for a while and used ethanol as a penetration enhancer. Swiss used DMSO, I brought some but never ended up using it since its so powerful and potentially dangerous. I also took it internally by filling empty caps.
The only reason I stopped was because its so dam greasy (well it is an oil). I personally think there is some merit to it, but maybe not just by itself.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I used it and it worked. I even got comments that my hair looked thicker and I could tell because the individual hairs on my body looked thicker. Last few months though it may have stopped working or maybe I've just shed so much that individual thick hairs dont make a difference

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it and it worked. I even got comments that my hair looked thicker and I could tell because the individual hairs on my body looked thicker. Last few months though it may have stopped working or maybe I've just shed so much that individual thick hairs dont make a difference

You took it orally?

ThinButNotTooTHin

Reaction score
Can confirm: I've used Castor Oil and Coconut Oil in a 1:2 ratio and have had results (new hairs in previously bare areas) from topical application alone. I put it on my scalp overnight and let it set in for >6 hours, washing out with shampoo. I place the jar in the refrigerator because it is easier to manipulate from a solid block.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can confirm: I've used Castor Oil and Coconut Oil in a 1:2 ratio and have had results (new hairs in previously bare areas) from topical application alone. I put it on my scalp overnight and let it set in for >6 hours, washing out with shampoo. I place the jar in the refrigerator because it is easier to manipulate from a solid block.

How were the results? Did it stop working? Was it only Coconut and Castor oils? When did you start seeing results?

K

karankaran

I agree with OP. Those who have had results on trying regimen such as castor oil or vitamin b12 + minoxidil should consider posting their pictures.

There was a time when a guy said that he cured his male pattern baldness from onion juice. But when I asked him 'Can you please post your pictures' -> he went 'I do not need to prove anything to you'. Why get so defensive? If I were to achieve success on a protocol, I will be happy to share the pictures.

I wish more people who successfully try these alternative remedies would post photos of before and after.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can confirm it on my eyebrows and temples castor and peppermint oil does grow hair longer... at 3mnth s and waiting to see its effect on head hair

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've had temple regrowth?
After 3 months i can see lots of peach fuzz on the temples that were not their before.. maybe 1 or 2 tiny darker new hairs well foreward of the hairline. Eyebrowes are longer and thicker ! Very hard to tell inside hair. I am also doing daily 5 to 10 min scalp massages though.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 3 months i can see lots of peach fuzz on the temples that were not their before.. maybe 1 or 2 tiny darker new hairs well foreward of the hairline. Eyebrowes are longer and thicker ! Very hard to tell inside hair. I am also doing daily 5 to 10 min scalp massages though.

You are not on anything else? minoxidil, finasteride? Nizoral?

Have you been on anything before this regimen?