? About Working Out With Hair System?

Steve Marz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone:

My name is Steve and am 43 years of age and next month I am getting a hair system from a independent local hair replacement company that has been in business for 25 years +. I live in New York City so there are plenty of hair replacement companies out here and I figure at least for now to get experience I am going to pay the high price there offering and maybe sometime later I will order online (Toplace, Lordhair, etc)

I am not wearing as of now until next month when my unit will be ready but I was watching a video and am curious:

Can you work out with these hair systems on and be very active or will they come flying off my head?

I work out at the gym 3 days a week for 2 hours, nothing drastic as I am not going to become Mr Universe at my age. I use to just shave my head bald or buzz cut my hair when I went to the gym but now with a hair system which I will be getting soon I am a little nervous.

I plan to help others on this site once of course I get more experience, but right now I am not wearing and am a bit nervous so if someone can answer my question I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you all for welcoming me here:))

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Work out 4 times a week including 1 hr stints on the bike. Sweat like a pig. No issues.
I dont seem to need to change any more frequent than non working out weeks.
Always make sure bond is good. Won't fly off unless your head flies off

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Steve; welcome, good to have you on the board. My experience is the same as Grincher's. You must be in a cool dry place when you attach, and you must stay cool and dry till the adhesive had fully cured. I find that takes 3 or 4 hours. So no serious sweating or swimming or showering during that period. Once the adhesive is cured, you are good to go, and you can sweat as much as you like. If you get very hot and sweaty the adhesive does weaken a bit - never so much that the hairpiece would fall off, but you probably don't want someone yanking your hair at that point. But as soon as you cool down it goes back to normal. The only activities I would steer clear of while wearing a system are ones where there is actual head contact, like rugby or wrestling, or some martial arts. I would only do those if I was wearing head protection to keep the system safe.

There is really never any circumstance where your system would "fly off your head" - that is just something you see on old comedy programmes, not real life. So you never need to worry about that .

Good luck with your new unit next month.

Noah

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Work out 4 times a week including 1 hr stints on the bike. Sweat like a pig. No issues.
I dont seem to need to change any more frequent than non working out weeks.
Always make sure bond is good. Won't fly off unless your head flies off
How often do you reattach?

Steve Marz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I cannot wait to get my hair system. I know it's not a perfect option but for someone with DUPA it's the option for me. Thanks

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't say as mine is thin skin with lace front.
And I didn't wear it during the warm summer as felt sweaty/itchy on my scalp,after several days of 30 degrees C heat....

I imagine a full lace base wouldn't have that issue.