About to start finasteride.. What to expect?

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man boobies? Chronic Telogen Effluvium? Dick falling off?.. Lol, in all seriousness, Man boobs are not worth it to me.

finasteride should arrive in the mail soon.

g.i joey

Reaction score
are you overweight? i think thats one of the major factors to getting gyno on finasteride.

br1

Reaction score
Keep an active and healthy life, and you should be fine.

g.i joey

Reaction score
i unfortunately was 250 pounds when i started finasteride and i did have a TINY amount of pre existing gland in my chest area. I took full 1mg dose for the first 2 months and my nipples got puffy as ****!! i then stopped finasteride and started a letrozole regimen immediately. The glands shrunk significantly and now my chest is fine.. i also got serious about my diet and lost 20 pounds. i do wake up with slightly puffy nipples once and a while but nothing compared to what i originally got. I also only take about .5mg eod and sometimes .25mg inbetween on my off days, havent had a nipple pain since.

br1 is correct, i feel great on the days i work out, if i start skipping a couple days i get kinda lethargic, but whos to say thats even from finasteride.

on the bodybuilding forum there are many people who take finasteride and dont suffer 1 side effect.

g.i joey

Reaction score
might be considered broscience but its kind of logical.. fat kids may be more prone to gyno before and after puberty, not only that, but having alot of fat on your body actually increases estrogen, which in turn makes the 15% increase in estrogen that finasteride gives you have alot more of a significant effect due to the already raised levels of estrogen.

actually the first part may be broscience but the rest is factual.

habadabadoo

Reaction score
I'm on Propecia right now, if anything I've lost body fat (just been eating healthily) and no man boobs. I'm a bit of a heavy gym-goer though.

KGSoloman5000

Reaction score
I've just started finasteride, only side effects I've experienced was in the first week, I felt slight ball ache, in my right nut, wasn't major, just slightly uncomfortable, this last until my second week, I'm fine now.

I'm a little over a month in, I had my first "shed" in week 2, wouldn't say it wasn't anything bad, probably about 3 days hairloss in one day, haven't experienced anything major since though, I had itchy scalp prior to taking finasteride & now my scalp is fine, I don't notice as much hair as I used to on my desk at work now, so finasteride seems to be working perfectly for me, still managing to get a very good erection, can have sex when I want to.

AnxiousHairGuy

Reaction score
I was on finasteride for about 2 years staring in 2010 at age 30. I had absolutely no noticeable side effects and was very happy with the results and experience. Unfortunately, I thought everything was golden and stopped the treatment. Back on it now for the past 3 weeks and again, no noticeable side effects. Everyone is different, but here's to hoping your experience is as smooth as mine! Good luck!

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on for 1-2 weeks. Zero sides except tiny increase in libio.

My nuts ached for a bit but thats because I'm accidentally sat on them.

Worried I might be getting gyno but hoping its in my head and keeping an eye on it.

Good luck

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on finasteride for about 2 years staring in 2010 at age 30. I had absolutely no noticeable side effects and was very happy with the results and experience. Unfortunately, I thought everything was golden and stopped the treatment. Back on it now for the past 3 weeks and again, no noticeable side effects. Everyone is different, but here's to hoping your experience is as smooth as mine! Good luck!

I guess you thought your finasteride results were somewhat permanent? Did you maintain what you had, or actually regrow hair while you were on it the first time?

br1

Reaction score
If it was like what happened to me, after a long time on finasteride (and having a nice hair) you kind foul yourself on believing your hair is just like that.. Then you remove finasteride and the hair goes with it.. It's a shock..

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it was like what happened to me, after a long time on finasteride (and having a nice hair) you kind foul yourself on believing your hair is just like that.. Then you remove finasteride and the hair goes with it.. It's a shock..

Back on finasteride now? How would you rate your experience with it dude? Also, how long were you on it?