About to start finasteride.. What to expect?

br1

Reaction score
Back on finasteride now? How would you rate your experience with it dude? Also, how long were you on it?

Right now, I am "watching" my progress.. Since I quit finasteride, I lost mainly density (almost like immediately after I quit, i.e. around 1 month) and my hairline receded a bit. Not too concerned about having a "mature hairline" since I'm turning 40 next year.. I always looked like 26 - not from a self assessment, ppl would constantly give me that age. To the point it's hard for me professionally because ppl tend to think I'm a Junior...

I have been on finasteride for around 15yrs in total, maybe a couple breaks here and there - no longer than 6 months.

Honestly, worked wonders for me. Kept my hair with regrowth even on temples. I quit because I started to get concerned about being in a drug for so long time.. Some family members where pushing me to stop because they heard that the drug could be dangerous long term, bla bla bla..

I always had anxiety, stress and I'm hypochondriac (always fearing I can develop or have some disease, even though I have always been super healthy)... Then decided to quit before I developed some weird disease..

So, now.. I am waiting.. If my hair start to look like ****, I will jump back on it. My GP prescribed me, without problems. I just told him I took it for a long time, and was considering going back on it. He said no problem, I asked about the horror stories and all that.. He said it's been more than 10 years he heard all that, but there is no prove for anything and that the drug is safe..

:|

A side note: a couple weeks after I quit, I felt my anxiety levels going down quite a bit. And my orgasms were super powerful.. Now, I can't really tell the difference. As I never noticed any difference while on finasteride..

- - - Updated - - -

Expect to get great results and then for it to stop working out of no where.

For me, it never stopped working..

wanderkid

Reaction score
Wait, people are saying INCREASES in libido? I was reading about finasteride and it said that the risk was the opposite.

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't expect anything man.
Take the pill and forget about it, you'll be much happier.