About this seasonal shedding...

jvantin1

Reaction score
...Did any of you ladies notice an increase in shedding starting in September or October? I did--a slight increase--and wanted to see if anyone else has. (I knew about the seasonal thing, but thought it was all in my head, so to speak).

Maxine

Reaction score
Like Trees!!!

Hee hee sorry JV, a little humor here. Shedding in the fall...hmmmm...maybe we're all descendants of trees. I'll let ya know what colors my hair is turning when it gets colder! Got a rake? LOL.
But seriously, I used to notice different times of the year, my hair would shed more or grow slower but since I've gotten older, that seems to be all the time. I am getting a decrease in shedding though heading into my 3rd month of Rogaine.

CanadianCutie

Reaction score
i also heard that u naturally lose more hair during the fall and spring, even ppl who don't suffer from hairloss tend to lose more hair during these times...i noticed alot more shedding in sept than during the summer. hopefully its jus a result of a sesonal shed and nothing more.

G

Hi all,

I am a newbie here suffering from hair thinning for over 2 and a half years now. I have also noticed that my hair shedding has increased since September/October. I've been finding it all over the kitchen tiles, the hallway, the bathroom, my bedroom...the list goes on. It's very depressing... :(

SadMom

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually saw the signs of decreased shedding beginning in early August, and it's continued to slow down. I'm losing 1/2 to 1/3 of what I was before then. I was worried that I would have an increase in fall... like I wasn't losing enough. But now I just hope the slow down continues... and regrowth too.

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm noticing an increase in shedding this fall.... it probably is just a cycle that I'm going through and not the autumn weather. If it was the weather then maybe I should look out for my winter coat of hair....brrrr its cold here in Canada right now :lol: