About The Best Way To Find/wear A Long Hair Full Cap

LeapofFaith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! I´m 28 yo recent and rapid sufferer from Madrid. I have been diagnosed with diffuse hair lost during the last year, i ´ve lost about the 30% of my hair during the past 9 months. In the past i had an INSANE amount of hair, norwood 0 (actually 1.5 but i am losing a lot of volume, sheedding is up to 500 hairs somedays) and finasteride minoxidil and microneddling aren´t working well ,there is no hair loss history in my family but yeah i got the lottery. By my calculations i think that in half year the loss wil be very noticeable, random difusing but thanks to an enormous base amount of hair i am surviving. My hair was like Jason Momoa´s in Aquaman, lower than shoulders/back lengh from the past 5 years of so and definitely part of my image than i an not willing to refuse since i discovered hair systems, FUE is not an option since i want long hair and i am diffusing. I have not problems with hiding it or people knowing that i am a wearer, i just want the long hair vibes again when i have to shave it and i think that is a good idea to start looking by the moment. Cost of long hair wigs/ systems is not a problem, i only want to know about the viability of having it long with a system ( i am very active person, crossfit, triathlon, etc) and were to start looking , also if a classy but high tech wig like the female ones will be an option, or the pros and cons of a full head long hair system, i think from my previous research that with long hair is easier in terms of full caps. I am tall and muscular ang used to be amazing long haired Momoa´s style and i want to begin my research for mantaining it with a system whn it´s time.

Thanks partners :)

Noah

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, LoF; it must be particularly hard if you have had spectacular hair like that.

Long full cap hair systems are perfectly viable for someone with an active lifestyle. If you choose a lace base they are lightweight and fully breathable, and the adhesives available are extremely strong. I don't have any direct experience, but I would say that if you are proposing to wear the hair full-time, and not just as an occasional cosmetic addition, you should get a properly made custom lace hair system which is a perfect snug fit, and you should shave the hair underneath it for the best look and hold. You can get a high quality system on-line for around €300, not including the cut.

You can do most activities, but I would personally avoid sports with direct head contact, like rugby, wrestling, or some martial arts, unless you can wear head protection.

If you are going to go that route, you should also consider whether you really need a full wig, or whether you can still use some of your natural back and side hair, and just replace the thinning area over the rest of your scalp - a three-quarter hairpiece. There are some advantages to doing that, because those areas - the back of the neck and the temples/sideburns are hard to recreate with a hairpiece.

Noah

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have similar hair type to you with long hair. Recently i noticed my male pattern baldness was starting to kick in and i took finasteride and it made my hair shed so now my hair is noticibly thinner especially at the front. I would also look into a hair system to make my frontal hair look thicker if it does not look silly and undetectable, would have no idea what type of system too look for though

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now long have you been on finasteride? It is meant to make you shed at first. Even any time within the first year seems to be common.

Post your pictures up and get some advice.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now long have you been on finasteride? It is meant to make you shed at first. Even any time within the first year seems to be common.

Post your pictures up and get some advice.

10months. its common however alot of people dont recover properly from the shed, i still take its 10 months and not seeing regrowth so im not expecting any miracles yet in the future. (usually how you respond to finasteride in the first few months gives you an indicator how it will work for you)

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like you've still got a very thick head of hair in that pic to be honest, with no hair thinning or receding on top at all, so I don't understand why you want to shave it all off and go with a full cap. Is the loss at the back really that noticeable? This is very unusual - most guys start losing their hair on top or at the hairline first, not at the back or sides.

I'm a guy with long hair, which was thinning on top and around the hairline, so I now wear a partial hair system for the top and I blend this in with my existing (real) long hair at the back and sides. Long hair systems for guys can work fine, but it will require some experimenting and good quality hair on the system. Good luck.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like you've still got a very thick head of hair in that pic to be honest, with no hair thinning or receding on top at all, so I don't understand why you want to shave it all off and go with a full cap. Is the loss at the back really that noticeable? This is very unusual - most guys start losing their hair on top or at the hairline first, not at the back or sides.

I'm a guy with long hair, which was thinning on top and around the hairline, so I now wear a partial hair system for the top and I blend this in with my existing (real) long hair at the back and sides. Long hair systems for guys can work fine, but it will require some experimenting and good quality hair on the system. Good luck.

can i ask what partial hair system do you use? I have long hair aswell but thinning at the front/hairline

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can i ask what partial hair system do you use? I have long hair aswell but thinning at the front/hairline

Hi Harv, I currently use a partial stock hair system with normal Indian hair, 6 inches in length in a light brown colour from a UK company called Hair Hub. It is actually a very good quality system even if I didn't really get the cut in and style right on the first one. I've just bought another duplicate stock system and am planning on wearing it soon and having it properly cut in this time. I am planning on ordering a custom system of about 10 inches in length soon with either Indian Remy or European hair, but will wear the new stock system in the meantime.

Depending on the length of your long hair, you might be ok with a stock system to start with (a front partial for your hairline area). Even if 6 inches is shorter than your hair at the back and sides, it will simply create a layered effect and still look fine if fitted and cut in right. But ideally with longer hair a custom system is preferable. If you want to chat by PM, please send me a message as I'd very much like to hear from any other guys with long hair who wear, or are planning to wear, a hair system.

The user BaldBearded is very experienced and used to have a long hair system too. He helped me out with some advice to start with, so he'd be good to chat to and even share photos of your current hair with if you want, so you can get his advice.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
You'd be able to choose from a slew, and I mean a slew, of options on hair type & texture if you went with front lace/lace frontal.

If I had long hair, I think I'd just use one of those. Maintenance seems a lot easier.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback, this is a photo of my hair. Which frontal lace piece would you suggest would be a good fit for my hair? would appreicate if you could you link suggestions if possible.

Photo 1 is my hair now - as you can see its all thinning hair.

photo 2 is my hair a few years ago when it was thick at the front

Attachments

• 20200201_223103-1.jpg
    20200201_223103-1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 269
  • 20170406_225738-1.jpg
    20170406_225738-1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback, this is a photo of my hair. Which frontal lace piece would you suggest would be a good fit for my hair? would appreicate if you could you link suggestions if possible.

I honestly don't see any difference between the 2 pics in terms of hair loss. The only difference I see is that the 1st pic has wavier hair with more volume than the 2nd pic, which has straighter hair. There doesn't seem to even be any receding on your hairline either. Judging by those pics, you definitely don't need a hair system, not even a partial one. Unless you can show us some pics from other angles that demonstrate more hair loss than these pics?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Harv

To answer your question, any lace frontal piece from a decent supplier will work fine for you. The considerations for you will be (1) how to get a texture match; and (2) what size and shape of piece you need.

Texture is the big one: your hair has a very distinctive texture which will certainly not be available "off the shelf". Even by ordering custom, I am not confident that, at least for your first system, you could get a good enough texture match just by providing a hair sample. For a front partial you do need a good texture match. (Possibly for future systems you could send your old system in and the factory would be able to match it). But for the first unit I think you will need help from a stylist - you will likely be buying a system without the curl and getting the curl added.

As Hair2019 said, there is an issue of what size of system you need (if any). I can't really judge very well from those pictures, but certainly it doesn't seem that it would be more than a small partial. There are various ways that that could be done, depending on what kind of hairstyle you are aiming for, and whether you are OK to buzz off some of your biohair.

Noah

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Buzz no.1