About Hair Club For Men Hair Systems

yung recession

My Regimen
Reaction score
So today I went to hair club for men to inquire about a hair system, and they pretty much told me that it'd be 1200 for a system, I'm 21 year old college student with mild recession so IDK how much these things should be but that seems like a lot. Any recommendations where I could go to get a better price? Thanks.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can do some searching on this site for opinions of HCFM.

They offer a very low-quality solution for a very high price. In the 70s they were THE place to go to. Now you have tons of options. Where are you located?

S.

Noah

Reaction score
I don't usually comment on individual sellers on the public board, but avoid these people like the plague. Aside from the price, their whole business model is based on keeping you dependent on them for everything. They will superglue a system on your head for 4 weeks at a time, and only they can remove it, so you are perpetually tethered to them and you have to return to their salon for maintenance every month. It's unhygienic, and the system itself has to be rugged to withstand that kind of treatment, which is exactly the opposite of what the best most undetectable systems are - delicate and invisible.

Hair Club has done more to perpetuate the meme of the thick ugly detectable "rug" than any other factor. Thousands of guys who could have benefited from hair replacement have been put off the whole idea because their first encounter with it was HCM.

If you want some ideas for other providers in NYC, drop me a PM.

Noah

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed, avoid HC. if your are 21, do the math , you will save thousands over the years by doing it yourself. see other post about yearly cost guys pay...
learn on youtube, forums, google search and you should be able to do it by yourself, except most likely the cut of the system, but then again many online suppliers offer pre-cut systems... worst case if go to a barber, stylist that has exp with hair systems just for cutin.
you have have tons of choices in NYC, but just to name a few suppliers, hairdirect, superhairpieces, NWL, toplace, etc... just google 'men hair systems'

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't usually comment on individual sellers on the public board, but avoid these people like the plague. Aside from the price, their whole business model is based on keeping you dependent on them for everything. They will superglue a system on your head for 4 weeks at a time, and only they can remove it, so you are perpetually tethered to them and you have to return to their salon for maintenance every month. It's unhygienic, and the system itself has to be rugged to withstand that kind of treatment, which is exactly the opposite of what the best most undetectable systems are - delicate and invisible.

Hair Club has done more to perpetuate the meme of the thick ugly detectable "rug" than any other factor. Thousands of guys who could have benefited from hair replacement have been put off the whole idea because their first encounter with it was HCM.

If you want some ideas for other providers in NYC, drop me a PM.

Noah
Do you know what adhesive they use? What do you mean by superglue?

Noah

Reaction score
When I started wearing, I went to a place which used a similar methodology - thick rugged system glued on for a month; only they could detach it or do maintenance. Not actually Hair Club though. PM me if you want to know more.