about asian women...

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
thats my parents

my dad is the typical bald jewish expatriate and my mom was southeast asian. the short dark kind too, the kind that you would think goes for an expatriate haha

Are they still together?

So you got the short gene from your mom, and the bald one from your dad. Best of both worlds.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
no. they divorced when i was 7. and about the genes- yep. :thumbsdown:
The genes, and on top divorce of parents when you were 7. God must really love you.

Were you brought up by your dad, or mom?
What are their occupations?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The genes, and on top divorce of parents when you were 7. God must really love you.

Were you brought up by your dad, or mom?
What are their occupations?
my dad is a poor researcher and my mom works minimum wage sales associate jobs

and a split between my dad, mom & stepdad (the guy she got remarried to), and grandparents (who were my stepdads parents technically)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
And did your stepdad still have hair when your mom remarried? Is she still together with your stepdad?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I have a Japanese girlfriend. She is very attractive, kind, nice and sporty (played Volleyball in their junior national team), like 9/10 levels, and I would say I am not bad off either at all. I do think some Asian women, especially Koreans and Japanese, ie. those with more mainstream western exposure, care about the baldness, especially now that the current generation of young women has been growing up on all that music featuring pretty boys in it and as the OP said - some of these women "perceiving their market value". :ermm:

Let me be completely honest with you gents: I am 24, my girlfriend is 20. We started going out just when I had gone from a NW3½V with some diffuse thinning as well, to a NW2 ish and still improving. I showed her some pics of me from those times, and she was feeling pretty weird about it. She didn't laugh at it or anything, nor did she admit she would find me less hot, but she did say I looked a lot older and she wouldn't have maybe considered me initially. Told me, if I started balding now, it wouldn't make a difference, as we're already together happily.

It did make me think how big of an impact balding has, though. I was always told I looked a bit awkward and a few years older than what I am when balding, but now that I am back to the "normal folk" (knocking on the wood), people tell me I look a few years younger than my real age. Add in the psychological effects, such as crippling of one's confidence, it does affect your game...[/QUOTE
]
Would she still be nice and sweet to you if you went bald though? Probably not. And that is the real issue here, those few thousand follicles on top of your head is the only thing holding your relationship toghether.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]those few thousand follicles on top of your head is the only thing holding your relationship toghether.[/QUOTE]

Thats the quote of the week right there:woot:

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would she still be nice and sweet to you if you went bald though? Probably not. And that is the real issue here, those few thousand follicles on top of your head is the only thing holding your relationship toghether.
Yeah well, honestly it's a bit stressful to think about it. I would like to think "yes", but then again, she's a 20-yr old woman who is hot and in her prime, so that could be naive thinking. I don't know if I could exactly call us stable with dreams of a future together yet, so... Oh well, time will tell, I am having a blast now.

Reaction score
Not all women are smart enough to see through you.

That's what she didn't say.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah well, honestly it's a bit stressful to think about it. I would like to think "yes", but then again, she's a 20-yr old woman who is hot and in her prime, so that could be naive thinking. I don't know if I could exactly call us stable with dreams of a future together yet, so... Oh well, time will tell, I am having a blast now.

what if you shaved it off?
I actually did look younger with my head shaved. But it was a toss up of young and ugly or older and adequate (I guess at best adequate)

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what if you shaved it off?
I actually did look younger with my head shaved. But it was a toss up of young and ugly or older and adequate (I guess at best adequate)
Dude, I spent ages 20-23½ sporting a buzzcut with my NW3+ hairline. I could barely avoid the cancer patient look. Fvck, who am I kidding, I looked like a cancer patient. Seriously, I think I have very good features, but I am still somewhat of a babyface and don't really have super-masculine features, so balding really doesn't suit my face.

Now that I am back to being like, what, NW1½ and have some hair and a very good hairline again, I am seriously terrified of cutting my hair, haha. I mean, I am not doing a combover or anything but while the hairline is really good, the density is sort of lagging behind. No bald/visibly thin spots anymore, but still.

I know I would probably look way better with a buzzcut now compared to the high hairline -days but I have this lingering irrational fear in the back of my head that tells me my hair won't grow back if I cut it. As if this was still all a dream and I am going to wake up close to a diffusing Norwood 3½ again.:sulkoff:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, I spent ages 20-23½ sporting a buzzcut with my NW3+ hairline. I could barely avoid the cancer patient look. Fvck, who am I kidding, I looked like a cancer patient. Now that I am back to being like, what, NW1½ and finally have some hair and a very good hairline, I am seriously terrified of cutting my hair, haha. I mean, I am not doing a combover or anything but while the hairline is really good, the density is sort of lagging behind. No bald/visibly thin spots anymore, but still.

I know I would probably look way better with a buzzcut now compared to the high hairline -days but I have this lingering irrational fear in the back of my head that tells me my hair won't grow back if I cut it. As if this was still all a dream and I am going to wake up close to a diffusing Norwood 3½ again.:sulkoff:

not a dream, thats pretty much what happened to me. I started shaving then about 2 years later regrew half of what I had.

Im not sure if my "treatments" and FUE are really making/made a diff. My issue is more or less my high hairline. It makes my face look HUGE which is why I stopped shaving.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not a dream, thats pretty much what happened to me. I started shaving then about 2 years later regrew half of what I had.

Im not sure if my "treatments" and FUE are really making/made a diff. My issue is more or less my high hairline. It makes my face look HUGE which is why I stopped shaving.
Damn, that sucks... I really wouldn't hope the fate of balding even on my enemies. (Screw that, I would totally hope it for the people who make fun of balding men on a daily basis and have no idea how it feels like).

At any rate, it sounds like you weren't on any DHT-inhibitor at the time? It's harder to evaluate if you are losing hair if it grows thick enough for a buzzcut, with no visible thin spots, if the hairline is also decent.

I don't think that would happen to me at this point, but I am not gonna risk it as it were. I'm also enjoying the fact I can actually grow my hair out without having to worry about there being bald spots or stuff to cover for, so an experimental buzzcut to observe my girlfriend is like the last thing I am thinking of, y'know? I remember being a Norwood 3½V a year ago and bleaching my hair to have less contrast between my hair and my scalp, then doing all this airbrushing. It would look decent for a second, but then the smallest gusts of wind would make me look completely bald. That was like the only thing that made me feel worse about myself than having a buzzcut with my features/face.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
1QkzscsEaroldkelly;1200896] Most probably the weather is responsible for this.[/QUOTE]

The weather, huh? I'd like to hear you explain that one for us. BTW your bonkers!

BeyonSalvage

My Regimen
Reaction score
asian women are by far the easiest, even myself, an ugly non white did decently well there. They're not "high" on the social totem pole (in terms of attractiveness), asian chicks are the easiest bar black women.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Asians are the hottest race on the planet, bar none. I would hate to be an ugly looking asian guy in japan or south korea, pretty much a death sentence.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Asians are the hottest race on the planet, bar none. I would hate to be an ugly looking asian guy in japan or south korea, pretty much a death sentence.

Unlike in the Western world?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unlike in the Western world?

Good point, being ugly anywhere is bad, but japan and south korea(especially south korea) the women are like walking goddesses . Im pretty ugly id rate myself 2/10 all done up, so i would hate to stroll down a road in south korea....would be too depressing.