A way to enhance the absorption & penetration of MINOXIDIL

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, I agree with the quote that ''You can't talk about something if you haven't used it''

I use retin-a on the temples and t/gel shampoo(salicylic acid) to enhance the absorption of the topicals that I use. I was seriously thinking to add dermaroller to my regimen but after some research I made on it I decided that it would be a waste of money.

avi21,
the thickness that you experienced in the temples isn't due to minoxidil? Because using minoxidil for 2,5 months it's a short period to evaluate if it works for you or not. Adding dermaroller in your regimen while being 2,5 months on minoxidil, the results that you achieved now may be minoxidil results and not dermaroller results. The companies that sell it, recommend you to use it in combination with minoxidil. I think that this looks very suspicious...It can only help the skin and scars but not the hair.

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL , no mate not 2.5 months it's a 2.5 years
and i also use 0.25% retin-a 5 to 10 minutes before minoxidil application

anyway i've took a photo from day one and i'm waiting to the 3 months mark to take anthoer one which help me to decide how good the roller is

oh yeah and i almost forgot that i used emu oil ... to much greasy and no improvment :thumbdown2:

i've tried the minomuck also with no luck... you name it i tried it. the roller also renew skin cells this help with regrowth also

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay avi21,
thanks for the info and sorry for the misunderstanding

So your current regimen is minoxidil 5%, retin-a 0.25% before minoxidil application and dermaroller?
It would be a great idea to post your before and after photo. I want to be the looser of this discussion for dermaroller effectiveness which I underestimated. I hope so

I would appreciate it, if you could post some pics.

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
as i said it's to early to report but why not

tell me if you see any diffrence ( * the after photos took today after a haircut / 1 month + 10 days into dermaroller treatment + minoxidil *)

before - right side with flash
auj3d.jpg

before - left side with flash
vdftv.jpg

after 1 month - right side with flash

33xfrb6.jpg

after 1 month - left side with flash
3005w8z.jpg

after 1 month - combed back no flash
iwrsd2.jpg

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks dude for the photos,

They are too close to see clearly the difference, but I can see a thickness around the temples. Congratulations man. Do you thing that this difference is only due to dermaroller, or there is something else that helped?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Damn, that's undeniably good growth, especially as you've been on minoxidil for 2.5 years! Way to go :)

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks mate, after 2.5 years you usualy can't expect more growth...
but with the dermaroller i have what to except

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks avi, nice improvement

If everything that I use fail, I will replace scalp exercises with dermaroller to help the circulation of the blood that has an impact on regrowth. Where do you buy your dermaroller from?

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
1. how many times a week do u use it?
2. how many minutes each time?

I want to have an idea If I will use it in the future

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
i bought it from ebay

and i use it 5-6 times a week only before night time application

i rolling the roller 2-3 minutes on each temple until it's becomes red and aplly minoxidil right after

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Do u buy it from usa or australia?
Because in a previous topic, the guys were using a dermaroller made in australia. I don't remember exactly the name. It was nolvadex....I think sooo

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
just type 'dermaroller' you will be surprised with all the matches :shock:

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
so you buy whatever dermaroller you find? despite if it s for scars or not

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Tnx avi for the info :bravo: