A way to enhance the absorption & penetration of MINOXIDIL

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am on xandrox for 4,5 weeks now and propecia for 11 months now. I found out something that I wanted to share it with you, after surfing the web for an hour. My plan is to find something that will help the topicals such as minoxidil to penetrate better the scalp skin and reach and affect better the hair follicles. I am wondering if dermaroller could help the absorption of minoxidil. I am sure that alone it can't do much, but I am thinking if it enhances the topical absorption of drugs(such as minoxidil) into hair follicles. I didn't expect something from dermaroller until I read this post ( http://www.hairlosshelp.com/FORUMS/mess ... ermaroller ) on hairlosshelp with a guy that had great results using a similar way, needling the scalp to open the pores and enhancing the absorption of minoxidil.
I am planning to use it once a day(at night) and after that, applying xandrox. So dermaroller will help minoxidil(xandrox) to get down easier below the scalp skin, affecting better the hair follicles.

Has anyone tried it and strengthen the absorption and results of minoxidil ?
Do you think dermaroller can have a big effect on minoxidil's absorption(needling the scalp pores) ?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I don't see why not, but you will have to experiment. Try using it on a wet head as well, or adding retin a to your minoxidil, these will all help increase absorption, just be wary of side effects such as a rapidly beating heart, don't want you popping your clogs well before your time.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Petcksky,

Very good reply. I really care first for my hair and then for my health(and problems that may cause the increased absorption of minoxidil). I really want to make everything that I can for them. One thing that I wanted to make it clear: You recommended me to use it on a wet head. So using the dermaroller on a wet head than on a dry head will increase the absorption of minoxidil, affecting better and easier the hair follicles

But using dermaroller on a wet head is safe ?(I mean it won't harm the hair follicles ?)
Because I am already doing Scalp exercises, using dermaroller after doing scalp exercises and before applying xandrox, will this combination harm my hair follicles ?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I just meant applying minoxidil on a wet head will increase absorption, though you could try it with the derma roller, though i don't know to much about the roller. I apply my minoxidil on a hydrated scalp a few times a week, i've not had any problems, and it does dry a lot quicker. I'm looking in to adding some retin a to my minoxidil too.

I don't see how it could hurt your follicles, but it could make you dizzy etc... trail and error

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Petcsky,

I will try to buy it this week and add to my regimen to see if it works, because I have the bad thought that the scalp pores over time are closing, and they don't let minoxidil to penetrate easy through the skin.
Petchsky how much retin-a are you planning to apply on the scalp ? because applying it on the whole scalp you will need much cream each day. Are you planning to apply it once a day before minoxidil ?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'm not sure as yet whether to add it to my minoxidil or apply a few minutes before my minoxidil application, i also use copper peptides mixed with my minoxidil, and i'm also thinking of adding some lavender and rosemary essential oil to it, but don't to go overboard.

If you look on minoxidil.com Dr Lee's minoxidil has it mixed with retin a, so you could buy that or look to see how much he used to mix it with. :)

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Petchsky,

Very good idea!..... Retin-a is really an other thing that will help with better absorption and penetration of minoxidil. I am sure you can use it at night one hour before having bath, so you can then wash your hair, due to the greasiness that retin-a leaves your hair. This week I will think seriously between retin-a and dermaroller and take the best decision and thing to add to my regimen. Best of lack to you dude!....

T

Timi

minoxidil absorption good enough
all other make Heartproblems when it to strong absorpit

i can't take Foam or 5%Kirkland
Blood Pressure
115/185 Pulse 97

i have Quit minoxidil strong heart problems after 2Years
must take Betablocker!! bevor minoxidil i had never Heartproblems

i wait when my Heartproblems better than a attempt with 2% minoxidil

Timi

CCS

Reaction score
If you got to needle your scalp, or turn it red, to absorb more greasy topicals, then... then... don't make fun of me if I get a hair piece because you are just as crazy.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks CCS,

You are right,
I made a search on this forum and I found that dermaroller increases the absortion, but the results that lots of guys achieved after they used it in combination with rogaine weren't so promising or they were decent so after lots of replies they stopped talking about it. The companies that are selling it, are advising you to use it in combination with minoxidil so the results that you achieve are minoxidil's results. Last Sunday I was sure that this week I was going to buy it but after the search and study I made on it, I decided that I will not make the move to it. It's really a big scam....

satch5150

Reaction score
wasn't the retin-A useful for better absorbtion of minoxidil? Many people used it (of course slowly like once a week, then twice a week)

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah man,

That was what I was thinking to add to my regimen, but many members here say that its side effects especially on the skin outweigh its benefits. I think that it is useful if you use it in combination with lower minoxidil, like 2%, not 5%.
Of course it's worth a try.... who knows.... :)
I may try it but not now.....

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Does emu oil help with minoxidil absorption?
I am sure the only thing that does is to help the healthiness of scalp.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
Emu oil is the #1 thing to use to increase absorbtion. Due to its cellular makeup, it easily penetrates the skin and carries anything present with it. So...

The best way to approach it is to 1st, shower and shampoo with hot to warm water, then after towel drying, apply the minoxidil. Wait a minute or two, then apply Emu oil and comb / brush.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
So is there any shampoo that contains aloe vera? to rotate with nizoral

I already use Neutrogena's T-sal (sal -salicylic acid is one of the ingredients) for the first wash, then Nizoral. Salicylic acid is an exfoliator, enhancing the absorption of any topical agent.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Aloe vera is in quite a few shampoos, normally listed as Aloe barbadensis.

Jason's products due aloe vera only oils, gels, shampoos etc

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info,

I will make my homework on it, because I am already using T/Sal.

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
neis, let me tell you something about the dermaroller
i've used 5% generic minoxidil for 2.5 with no result on temples.
last mounth i've got myself a roller from ebay with 0.25mm long needles (very short barly i feel something)
after mounth of daily use i have seen hair thicking on temples and new vellus hair on areas thar were bare for 8 years
i waiting now for the 1mm to arrive, it's to soon to report but i have a good feeling about this

i wouldn't call it a scam before i try it

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've heard the derma roller works for improving the appearance of scars, may experiment with it next.