A Warning About Corticosteroids - Permanent Vision Loss

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it maybe common sense but after the pure sh*t I've been through I just had to give this warning

Months ago I used small amounts of corticosteroids for an unrelated issue and about a week ago I woke up blind, yes, blind. I would strongly recommend anyone who has used corticosteroids in the past to check their EYE PRESSURE with a doctor asap because glaucoma has no symptoms until it is too late. My eyes were f*****g perfect and now I'll probably have to wear glasses for the rest of my life,

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it maybe common sense but after the pure sh*t I've been through I just had to give this warning

Months ago I used small amounts of corticosteroids for an unrelated issue and about a week ago I woke up blind, yes, blind. I would strongly recommend anyone who has used corticosteroids in the past to check their EYE PRESSURE with a doctor asap because glaucoma has no symptoms until it is too late. My eyes were f*****g perfect and now I'll probably have to wear glasses for the rest of my life,
:eek:
Forgive my ignorance but what kind of corticosteroids ?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

How long were you on steroids? Alot of doctors never disclose about the possible side effects when they prescribe medications. So many people use Flonase and have no clue that they can increase your chances to get cataracts and glaucoma. You obviously were a steroid responder which means you are very sensitive to steroids and it raised your eye pressure enough to induce glaucoma. However, it only usually happens when you are using steroids long term.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long were you on steroids? Alot of doctors never disclose about the possible side effects when they prescribe medications. So many people use Flonase and have no clue that they can increase your chances to get cataracts and glaucoma. You obviously were a steroid responder which means you are very sensitive to steroids and it raised your eye pressure enough to induce glaucoma. However, it only usually happens when you are using steroids long term.

Woow... Are you a Doctor or studied medicine? (It would be great to know that we have a doctor in the forum)

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
this shouldnt be on a hair loss forum, this isnt medhelp. No one here uses steroid drops on their head for balding

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you use oral or topical ? I was thinking to use some topical hydrocortisone since it relieves inflammation leading to a better regrowth

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Prednisolone was in the Alpicort F that I used and had great results with for 3-4 months. I had no issues from the prednisolone. Did you take it orally or topically?

Also @Eazy12 you're a toxic moron. Your posts aren't worth the dirt on the fingers you type them with.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Prednisolone was in the Alpicort F that I used and had great results with for 3-4 months. I had no issues from the prednisolone. Did you take it orally or topically?

Also @Eazy12 you're a toxic moron. Your posts aren't worth the dirt on the fingers you type them with.
You call me the moron when you're applying eye drops to your scalp to save your last few pubes? Ok pal.
I can't believe it's reached a point where sad, insecure losers like you will put your sight on the line to save said pubes. Pathetic.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm curious about this too but this post is useless without some context. Eg. I use nasal steroid sprays sometimes when I have a cold. I doubt that's ever gonna give me glaucoma.

What were you doing with the steroids? Putting them on your eyelids or taking oral steroids chronically is different for example from using them on your skin for chronic eczema.

Lots of people have eczema for example and use steroid creams with no problem. Eg. My sister. But yeah if you put it on your eyelids that's different.

You can't write a "warning post" like this and not explain more about what you did or how are we supposed to know what you're actually warning about?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You call me the moron when you're applying eye drops to your scalp to save your last few pubes? Ok pal.
I can't believe it's reached a point where sad, insecure losers like you will put your sight on the line to save said pubes. Pathetic.

Actually that was a scalp inflammation lotion, not eye drops. But good try.