A topical that works as well as Finasteride or a decent one?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Prox N or Proxiphen?????

All these products I am getting frustrated. What is better? I had some grafts put in july 06.
I take propecia and minoxidil, tricomin, haircyle products.

So which one should I try???

JWM

Reaction score
suicidedude

It's the second link you posted.

Red Rose

Good find. That's what I was referring to.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here had better results with Proxiphen than with Rogaine?? :eek:

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am sure this has been posted hundreds of times elsewhere but on the subject of Ell Cranell, I thought that this would be the appropriate thread to post the results of a small but nonetheless significant study on Ell Cranell from December 2005: -

Wozel, G.; Narayanan, S.; Jäckel, A.; Lutz, G. A.
Alfatradiol (0,025 %) - Eine wirksame und sichere Therapieoption zur Behandlung der androgenetischen Alopezie bei Frauen und Männern (Alfatradiol (0.025 %) - an Effective and Safe Therapy for the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in Women and Men).
Akt Dermatol 2005; 31: 553-560 DOI: 10.1055/s-2005-870188

Abstract

Androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), also referred to as male pattern baldness, is the most common cause of hair loss in both sexes in adulthood. An option for topical treatment that selectively targets the metabolic pathways involved in the balding process is alfatradiol ("Ell-Cranell"), an estrasterid without hormonal activity. In a drug monitoring study, efficacy and safety of alfatradiol (0.025 %) was assessed in 233 patients with Androgenetic Alopecia (192 women, aged 14-76 years, and 41 men, aged 17-56 years). After 7.5 months of treatment, trichograms of 112 patients (92 women, 20 men) were evaluated. Under treatment with alfatradiol the proportion of frontal anagen hair increased statistically significantly, in women from 69% to 77% (means) and in men from 56% to 65%. The proportion of telogen hair decreased accordingly. In 12% of women and 21% of men a further decline in the number of anagen hair was observed. Merely three patients (1,3 %) reported mild local adverse reactions. In conclusion, Alfatradiol appears to be effective and safe in the topical treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in both men and women.

shuggyboy

Reaction score
Bryan

do you have links to any studies or evidence of men having a child whilst on finasteride, also would the issue be the same with having sexual intercourse with partner whilst she is pregnant? just wondering as the warning on propecia states its ill advised for pregnant women to even touch propecia?

thanks

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
Check out lef.org. they sell a 'lite' version of Prox-N called Dr. Proctors Regrowth Formula, but even Proctor says it may be a better value than his Prox-N when taking into account cost and concentration of ingredients etc.

Dave001, have you changed your opinion of 17-a estradiol?

I don't really have an opinion about 17a-estradiol, just a crude guess of the probability that it's effective. This is unfortunately the case with all experimental Androgenetic Alopecia treatments.

Without more studies, 17a-estradiol appears weak at best, useless at worst, and certainly not cost-effective.

viperfish

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Proxiphen is "unquestionably more effective than Propecia", according to Dr. Proctor, although it's expensive.

Bryan

Do you believe this Bryan? I find it hard to believe that proxiphen is 'unquestionably' better than propecia. Is Proctor saying this because of the growth stimulants included in the formula. I would think that using both propecia and minoxidil would be far better than using proxiphen. What are your thoughts on this?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Bryan said:
Proxiphen is "unquestionably more effective than Propecia", according to Dr. Proctor, although it's expensive.

Bryan

Do you believe this Bryan?

I tend to trust what he says when making such overall evaluations. I certainly don't agree with him on every little technical issue that comes up, but I think he's an honest guy. I can't imagine that he would make such a bold statement, if he didn't really believe it.

viperfish said:
I find it hard to believe that proxiphen is 'unquestionably' better than propecia.

May I ask why you feel that way?

viperfish said:
Is Proctor saying this because of the growth stimulants included in the formula.

Because of EVERYTHING included in the formula. It's a team effort, obviously.

viperfish said:
I would think that using both propecia and minoxidil would be far better than using proxiphen. What are your thoughts on this?

Keep in mind that what he said was about Proxiphen compared to Propecia ALONE. When asked about Proxiphen compared to a combination of Propecia and Rogaine, he admitted that Proxiphen wasn't all THAT much better than the two of them together.

Bryan

bubka

Reaction score
I wish there were more pictures than just that one male pattern baldness one, even that is not that convincing, and the other alopecia areata does not really count for what we are talking about

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
(Picking myself up off the floor and dusting myself off...)

Are you referring to the before-and-after pics of the Proxiphen user?? You don't find THOSE convincing????

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
(Picking myself up off the floor and dusting myself off...)

Are you referring to the before-and-after pics of the Proxiphen user?? You don't find THOSE convincing????

bubka said:
I wish there were more pictures than just that one male pattern baldness one, even that is not that convincing, and the other alopecia areata does not really count for what we are talking about

bubka, I think Bryan wants an explanation why you don't find his pictures convincing. :lol:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
He's referring to the ones on Dr. Proctor's site.

bubka

Reaction score
yeah, i mean thats nothing short of what we have seen here all the time with finasteride alone, conflicting with the Drs statement that was questioned

and alopecia areata can totally grow back on its own regardless of treatment

Bryan, i have never seen your picture(s)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
bubka said:
yeah, i mean thats nothing short of what we have seen here all the time with finasteride alone, conflicting with the Drs statement that was questioned

I'm flabbergasted. I'm speechless. I don't know what to say.

Those are among the most impressive before-and-afters I've ever seen.

Bryan

bubka

Reaction score
OK, lets see if we are talking about the same thing then...

ba_product.jpg

i mean to me, i see a guy who probably had some regrowth, but had the short fuzz cut short at the before, and let it grow longer with the regrowth as well... not to mention the head angle is different to show less forehead

Bryan, it seems like I am always butting heads with you, but I think you may have some bias here being your preferred regime