A Reminder To Never Give Up (before/after)

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score
So been taking finasteride for over a year. My hair feels so much thinner, my head itches like hell sometimes and I still shed so much. I was going to take a before/after post as proof that finasteride made my hair worse. But then...

https://imgur.com/a/RpcNxlo

First pic is 4 months on finasteride, the next is 16 months. The amount of ground lost is immaterial. I can confidently say finasteride did the job it was supposed to do. The temples can be fixed with a small transplant maybe $10K, so I guess success.

Full disclosure I had also started using dutasteride 2-3 times a week starting last month but I don't think it kicked in yet and I don't even know if its real. This maintenance I'm sure is due to finasteride.

Your mind plays tricks on you. Only believe pictures.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like there was slightly improved density on the hairline congrats man.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, hairline got better. Check to the left part of the hairline on both pics (from our point of view), on the left the hair is "folded" in that area while on the right it grows upwards from that area.

Dutasteride is good stuff. I thought finasteride did a good job at reducing hair loss for me but it was nothing compared to dutas when I got into a month or so on that.

Last edited:

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pictures are indeed down

finasteride only? no minoxidil? supplements?

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pictures are indeed down

finasteride only? no minoxidil? supplements?

https://imgur.com/a/nBu0HOx

Its back up here. As I said no amazing regrowth, but if I keep losing hair at this rate that I did year over year, it will be a long time before I go bald. I may transplant to fix what was already lost, but not too worried about it right now.

I tried minoxidil for a year prior to finasteride, itched like hell and didn't grow a single hair. Mainly just finasteride is what I used, though since my original post I have been adding dutasteride twice a week.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
h
Yeah, hairline got better. Check to the left part of the hairline on both pics (from our point of view), on the left the hair is "folded" in that area while on the right it grows upwards from that area.

Dutasteride is good stuff. I thought finasteride did a good job at reducing hair loss for me but it was nothing compared to dutas when I got into a month or so on that.
How has Dutas been treating you thus far?

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So been taking finasteride for over a year. My hair feels so much thinner, my head itches like hell sometimes and I still shed so much. I was going to take a before/after post as proof that finasteride made my hair worse. But then...

https://imgur.com/a/RpcNxlo

First pic is 4 months on finasteride, the next is 16 months. The amount of ground lost is immaterial. I can confidently say finasteride did the job it was supposed to do. The temples can be fixed with a small transplant maybe $10K, so I guess success.

Full disclosure I had also started using dutasteride 2-3 times a week starting last month but I don't think it kicked in yet and I don't even know if its real. This maintenance I'm sure is due to finasteride.

Your mind plays tricks on you. Only believe pictures.
Hey we started dutasteride about the same time curious to hear how you’re doing? I really haven’t notice much yet some days I think I’m seeing regrowth in the crown but not sure. I’m a little concerned my front mid scalp is looking thinner than before when I was just using finasteride BUT I’m not sure if I’ve let the dutasteride horror stories on this thread get to me and it’s all in my head

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
h

How has Dutas been treating you thus far?

Reduced my hair loss significantly without any sides. Should be happy to be honest but I have yet to catch a break and get any cosmetic difference from anything I've tried.

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey we started dutasteride about the same time curious to hear how you’re doing? I really haven’t notice much yet some days I think I’m seeing regrowth in the crown but not sure. I’m a little concerned my front mid scalp is looking thinner than before when I was just using finasteride BUT I’m not sure if I’ve let the dutasteride horror stories on this thread get to me and it’s all in my head

I started dutasteride back in May, I only have 2-3 a week, while continuing on finateride every day except Saturday (usually too drunk to remember). No regrowth in the temples, but my crown got better. I used to sprinkle a little bit of toppik on the crown (a very little bit), but in the last month or so I find I never needed it. In spring I'm having a minor transplant to fix the hairline.