A Question About Cutting In And What Is Yours Like?

Crayonsnacha

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you get your system cut in does your system overlap your hair at all or should it just be a seamless transition into your hair?

Noah

Reaction score
There shouldn't be an overlap - the system should fit onto your bald spot, which in practice means it has to be a millimetre or two smaller. An overlap will be very detectable to the touch, and possible also to the sight.

Crayonsnacha

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I thought, so upon running a hand over it, one shouldn't even be able to feel it? Also the place I went to (there's not a lot of people who specialize in these within the area) have me putting a hard bond around the perimeter(my system is a poly perimeter) and tape in the front. The tape lasts around 5-7 days and the hard bond lasts about 2 weeks before becoming super loose around perimeter, due to the bond being attached to growing hair. I wanna try either walker safe grip or ghost bond. I still have hair under a decent amount of the system so I'm trying to see what works best cause I'm planning on doing it all myself..

Noah

Reaction score
That's the ideal - nothing at all to feel. In practice I find that if you use tape (which I do, for convenience) you can slightly feel it, but only if you are really digging around. I have never had a third party pick up on it. To get a completely unfeelable result you would need to do a full glue bond.

You are getting the Hair Club treatment, where they are supergluing the unit to a fringe of hair rather than to your scalp. As you say, it loosens up as the hair grows, until your unit is shifting about. I'm not a fan of that approach.

Crayonsnacha

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not much of a fan of it myself although it looks nice, I think it could be much better provided the right adhesion process was implemented. I'm going to attempt full ghost Bond next week, I guess we'll see how that goes..

Mbow10

My Regimen
Reaction score
There shouldn't be an overlap - the system should fit onto your bald spot, which in practice means it has to be a millimetre or two smaller. An overlap will be very detectable to the touch, and possible also to the sight.

What is meant here by overlap? Do you mean the base of the system overlapping from bald scalp onto areas of hair? Or the hair from the system itself overlapping natural hair?

I ask because I'd like to have a natural left-to-right part in my hair, but my sides are getting real thin near the perimeter of the crown it would still look like an obvious comb over. Does the system have to be cut in to where there is only enough hair to cover the bald areas? Would it look ridiculous if you brushed and wore system hair over natural side hair (albeit thin?)

I'll see if this pic explains it better.

The yellow area is where I'm mostly bald, on the crown to mid scalp. The red circle is where I'm really thin. I'd like to be able to brush a small amount of hair from the system over to that side to create a similar parted style like this. I dont generally like a parted style with sides shaved down close, doesnt work for me. Do not mean to hijack the tread, but I've had similar questions about overlap, and I'm confused as to the type of overlap being discussed here.

Attachments

• 917a544038fe6daee7309a1c638f7f72.jpg
    917a544038fe6daee7309a1c638f7f72.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 247

Noah

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't express myself very well. I mean the base of the system should only sit on areas which are bald, either because of natural hairloss or because you have shaved them. It should not overlap onto areas on which hair is growing.

You definitely can brush hair from the piece over your natural hair, to supplement areas which would otherwise look a bit thin. That is one of the primary benefits of using a system.