A picture of me, and also a little PUZZLE for you! :-)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been posting here for a long long time, and sometimes it's nice to have a face associated with someone's rantings on the Internet. :wink: I was visiting some relatives recently, and my aunt gave me this old photo of me (it's around 15-20 years old), which I didn't even remember anymore. Here's a scan of it:

http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/Bry ... atives.htm

Sorry for the quality of the photo, which is too dark. I tried to lighten it up with a graphics program, but I wasn't sure if I was making it better or worse. That's me on the left in the plaid shirt; the woman in the middle is my sister Sally; and the older gentleman on the right wearing the coat and tie is her husband (my brother-in-law).

Ok, enough about me. Here's the puzzle part of this post: what is the name of that gentleman on the right? Give me his actual NAME. Should you actually KNOW who he was (he died a few years ago)? Well, that depends on a few things...I would say that if you're in your 20's or younger, you have considerably less of a chance to get it right than if you're in your 30's or older. In any event, the more you know about recent American history, the more likely you are to recognize him (there's a little hint for you).

Any takers out there? At least a couple of you out there already know his identity; STIFLE yourselves about this puzzle, and let the others have a crack at it! :)

Bryan

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
D.B. Cooper?

1-1-Sketch-of-DB-Cooper.jpg

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL! Nice try, but keep guessing!

Ya gotta be FAIRLY old, just to know who D.B. Cooper was! Wonder whatever really happened to that guy...

Bryan

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan..sorry dude..i hv no idea who he is...but you look as if you were Norwood 1/1.5 ...15-20 years ago.
What Norwood are you now?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
william colby

DAMNIT!! A German guy gets it before any Americans do! :x Why am I not terribly surprised at that??

Yes, William E. Colby. Director of the Central Intelligence Agency under Presidents Nixon and Ford. Testified before Congress about the inner workings of the CIA. Designer of the (in)famous "Phoenix" program during the Vietnam war. Etc. etc.

Good call, Bis.

Bryan

Bismarck

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Bismarck said:
william colby

DAMNIT!! A German guy gets it before any Americans do! :x Why am I not terribly surprised at that??

Yes, Willaim E. Colby. Director of the Central Intelligence Agency under Presidents Nixon and Ford. Testified before Congress about the inner workings of the CIA. Designer of the (in)famous "Phoenix" program during the Vietnam war. Etc. etc.

Good call, Bis.

Bryan

Damn Bryan! Obviously your sister had some heavy face lifting surgery in the meantime.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
????

Why do you say THAT, Bis?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm STILL not sure what you mean! :)

Bryan

Bismarck

Reaction score
Bryan said:
I'm STILL not sure what you mean! :)

Bryan

Honestly I didn't know how Mr. Colby looked like. But I know your last name is Shelton (from the nano-pictures). Knowing that there is a person named Sally Shelton-Colby working for OECD led me to the conclusion (guess) that she is / was married to that CIA director Colby (actually the only well-known Colby I've heard of).

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
Honestly I didn't know how Mr. Colby looked like. But I know your last name is Shelton (from the nano-pictures). Knowing that there is a person named Sally Shelton-Colby working for OECD led me to the conclusion (guess) that she is / was married to that CIA director Colby (actually the only well-known Colby I've heard of).

Wow...now I'm REALLY impressed! :eek:

You are correct on all accounts. Sally was a Deputy Director (I think that was her title...it's an Ambassador-level position) with the OECD in the past, although she's no longer with that organization.

BTW, Sally has her own claim to fame: in 1978 or 1979 she was named US Ambassador to several eastern Carribean island nations, including Barbados and Grenada (before Grenada was invaded during the Reagan administration). At that time she was either 34 or 35 (I forget which). That gives her the distinction of being the youngest Ambassador in American history!

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're too smart, Bis! I don't think I can stump you. (Unless you're stumped by what "stump" means! :lol: )

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Hmm... Bis, I guess you Germans have changed since you slaughtered about 30 million people in WWII.

Your country, and its prior criminals running the government, have given us Americans good cause to keep the 2nd Amendment alive and strong.

At least some good came out of your lunatic leaders.

Too bad the Jews weren't allowed to own firearms, your government wouldn't have been as successful in massacring them.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Hmm... Bis, I guess you Germans have changed since you slaughtered about 30 million people in WWII.

Your country, and its prior criminals running the government, have given us Americans good cause to keep the 2nd Amendment alive and strong.

At least some good came out of your lunatic leaders.

Too bad the Jews weren't allowed to own firearms, your government wouldn't have been as successful in massacring them.

You are right. Did you know that the only approved male pattern baldness-treatment is topical Sauer-Kraut ?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Oh, you ain't right Bis! It is good to see you young Germans are sane though. THANK GOD!

In America, the sound of boots hitting the floor makes us run for our firearms. Old habits are hard to change. :wink: