A pic to prove my gyno...

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I told that finasteride has caused me a gyno and basically got slacked off because of it. You know, "you're just crazy" type of answers. Well here's a pic:

gynoma5.jpg

I never had those before using finasteride. I would know if I would have had boobs you know. And besides, there's no point in lying for me. I guess me and all the others who suffer of sides are in the 2%, right?

Shazz

Reaction score
You know your body better than anyone, but that just looks like pecs to me.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure what it is, but I sure as hell didn't have them before finasteride! I'm pretty skinny so it can't really be body fat either. It's worse on my left side.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're kidding me...that MUST be gyno because look at the rest of his body. Does it look like he works out?? How could be have pecs if he doesn't work out ...Lol. :smack:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
You're kidding me...that MUST be gyno because look at the rest of his body. Does it look like he works out?? How could be have pecs if he doesn't work out ...Lol. :smack:

Well I do work out a bit. Mostly bench presses but still, that isn't muscle; it's either fat or tissue. I sure hope it's fat and will go away when I quit finasteride. The derm didn't think much of it when I showed it to him. I'm beginning to think he's a bit stupid, I tried to tell him that I feel they've grown on finasteride.

docj077

Reaction score
Your Doctor would hav to palpate the area to really confirm your concerns, but that doesn't look even remotely close to gynecomastia to me. If it is, then the disease process is very, very early and likely reversible.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GHG, nice to see you came back. You do not look like you have gyno. It might be some slight water retention. For some reason, most of my water retention is in my chest area and around my stomach. If I take some natural diuretics my chest does not have that slight gyno appearance. If I eat Chinese food my chest and face swell up big time. Try to stay on a very low salt diet and see if it makes a difference. You know as you get older too your chest starts to sag slightly and it looks like gyno. I would not worry about it. How are things going for you? By the way, are those Hanukkah candles in the background of your picture?

Shazz

Reaction score
ghg said:
Well I do work out a bit. Mostly bench presses but still, that isn't muscle; it's either fat or tissue. I sure hope it's fat and will go away when I quit finasteride. The derm didn't think much of it when I showed it to him. I'm beginning to think he's a bit stupid, I tried to tell him that I feel they've grown on finasteride.

One possible explanation:

If flat bench presses (or pushups) are the staple of your workout routine, you're likely working out the same part of your chest and getting an imbalanced result. Try to mix it up with decline/incline bench presses, dumbell flys, etc. Especially target your upper chest with incline bench presses to balance it out. Flat bench presses tend to work out the part of the chest that is most noticeable in your picture, IMO.

I'm no doctor, but from what I gather, the most common early symptoms are itchy/sensitive nipples. Plus you should be able to distinguish a small rubbery disk developing in behind your areolas/nipple area. If you aren't getting these symptoms, probably not gyno.

However, for a professional opinion, it would be better for you to consult an endocrinologist rather than a dermatologist when it comes to hormonal imbalances and such.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
GHG, nice to see you came back. You do not look like you have gyno. It might be some slight water retention. For some reason, most of my water retention is in my chest area and around my stomach. If I take some natural diuretics my chest does not have that slight gyno appearance. If I eat Chinese food my chest and face swell up big time. Try to stay on a very low salt diet and see if it makes a difference. You know as you get older too your chest starts to sag slightly and it looks like gyno. I would not worry about it. How are things going for you? By the way, are those Hanukkah candles in the background of your picture?

Yeah they are christmas candles. I'm a christmas person haha. Shazz, thanks for the advice. I'll try to mix it up a bit.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can't tell very much from that picture. There has to be a before and after showing the areola from the front. My initial experience with gynecomastia was a significant enlargement and discoloration of the areola, and protrusion of areola itself and the surrounding tissue. Just make sure to crop out extraneous bits from the frame to avoid unnecessary comments. :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GHG, just use your chest shot as your avatar. It seems to be the "in thing" on this forum. Just ask Taug. :smack:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

RaginDemon

Reaction score
btw ghg, that doesnt look gyno to me, but you do need to work out more often and properly.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GHG, please do not take this the wrong way but you have a habit of having to prove all your imperfections with photos and showing them to us and finding out no one really notices them. Does that mean anything to you? I am not trying to put you down in anyway because I have BDD too so I know exactly how you feel when I see imperfections on myself. You are very lucky that you are good looking and to me you seem be in very good shape. Unfortunately, now you are posting another photo of something you find as a flaw and now with the comments I am reading, if it were me, my BDD thoughts would be getting worse now because now people are saying you are too skinny and you need to add more muscle because you look like toothpick figure. I know they are joking but sometimes those jokes trigger more negative thoughts in a person who has BDD and then you are going to feel worse about yourself. I guess the point I am trying to make is if you want to feel better about yourself I would advice not to put up photos of any new flaw because you might get more comments pointing out some new ones and that is not what you need. However, you are entitled to do whatever you feel appropriate so Please only take this as friendly advice from another person trying to cope with BDD too.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
GHG, please do not take this the wrong way but you have a habit of having to prove all your imperfections with photos and showing them to us and finding out no one really notices them. Does that mean anything to you? I am not trying to put you down in anyway because I have BDD too so I know exactly how you feel when I see imperfections on myself. You are very lucky that you are good looking and to me you seem be in very good shape. Unfortunately, now you are posting another photo of something you find as a flaw and now with the comments I am reading, if it were me, my BDD thoughts would be getting worse now because now people are saying you are too skinny and you need to add more muscle because you look like toothpick figure. I know they are joking but sometimes those jokes trigger more negative thoughts in a person who has BDD and then you are going to feel worse about yourself. I guess the point I am trying to make is if you want to feel better about yourself I would advice not to put up photos of any new flaw because you might get more comments pointing out some new ones and that is not what you need. However, you are entitled to do whatever you feel appropriate so Please only take this as friendly advice from another person trying to cope with BDD too.

I don't care if ppl say I'm too skinny, I really don't give a sh*t. I know I'm skinny and I'm happy that way. What I do give a sh*t about is someone posting an arrogant post how I don't know my body and how I'm imagining the change that has happened while I've been on finasteride. The few people who said it's definitely gyno are right. And another thing: In the pic my hands are laying flat on my sides, but if I would lift them forwards the breasts would be twice as big. A stick figure shouldn't have all that body fat on his chest. Right?

Now, please post another arrogant post about my BDD and how I should see a shrink or something. They're entertaining.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GHG, I put my contacts on now I can see the picture better. Yes, I would say you are about a B or C cup in the chest. Sorry for the confusion disregard my last post. I was on too many Vicodin and I see now I said some really stupid things so let me see if I can delete it.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
GHG, I put my contacts on now I can see the picture better. Yes, I would say you are about a B or C cup in the chest. Sorry for the confusion disregard my last post. I was on too many Vicodin and I see now I said some really stupid things so let me see if I can delete it.

Who says I got an a or b cup? What I'm saying is I got way more fat on my chest than pre-finasteride. That's all I care about.