A New Style I'm Trying Out - Same System, Different Look

Noah

Reaction score
They all look good. I like number 1; less keen on number 4.

1, 2 and 3 look pretty similar (think Blue Steel and Magnum).

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an update. Having some fun with my hair today.

Wish I was 20 years younger to be able to carry this style off :(:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Close up of hairline is just to show that it isn't perfect. System is 6 weeks old and I find that UTS tends to get dirty and more visible after this time. Very hard to make it invisible now.

Noah

Reaction score
It looks good man. I can't see any sign of a dirty hairline. The hair comes out of your 'scalp' at an odd angle - it sort of loops downwards and then up - but it just looks like you blow-dried it that way. Not a toup in sight.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks good man. I can't see any sign of a dirty hairline. The hair comes out of your 'scalp' at an odd angle - it sort of loops downwards and then up - but it just looks like you blow-dried it that way. Not a toup in sight.

Yes that is an issue I face with the system. The V loops at the hairline are vertical, so they come straight down and I have to force them up. It's a really poor design - they should really angle them at 45 degrees or so.

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the style, I am 3 weeks away from getting my first system. I believe it's a thin skin and injected hair method. The salon I'm using has been doing this for over 40 years and has really great reviews. I've been bald and thinned haired for 2 decades now and finally in the last 10 years got to where I like how I look bald. I just miss having hair to play with and style. But as I'm reading in a lot of these threads I'm paranoid with the what if's. What if I spend all this money and hate it. He said i'd only have tome come in once a month for cleaning and re-bonding but it's sounding like that may be more frequent from what I'm reading on here.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the style, I am 3 weeks away from getting my first system. I believe it's a thin skin and injected hair method. The salon I'm using has been doing this for over 40 years and has really great reviews. I've been bald and thinned haired for 2 decades now and finally in the last 10 years got to where I like how I look bald. I just miss having hair to play with and style. But as I'm reading in a lot of these threads I'm paranoid with the what if's. What if I spend all this money and hate it. He said i'd only have tome come in once a month for cleaning and re-bonding but it's sounding like that may be more frequent from what I'm reading on here.

Hi,

Good luck, I hope you will share your results with us.

You don't need to go to him once a month for a clean and re-bond.

1. Four weeks + is way too long . to keep this glued to your head.

2. You can do the maintenance yourself, it's VERY easy.

3. Depending on the style you chose, you can even do your own, system-off, maintenance haircuts as well.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Josh mw first of all good luck.

I find that skin units are easy to maintain at home. The salon/supplier I use advised that these units can stay on the head for several weeks in one stretch, but I prefer to do a clean-up and refit approx. every 2 weeks. Sometimes less, but rarely longer.

If you're going to wear a hair system then you have to learn basic maintenance at home. It isn't difficult at all... it's scary at first, but once you get used to it, the process is easy and quick. Especially with a skin unit, I find that I can carry out maintenance with just some dishwashing liquid, a razor (to shave my hair) and of course the glue. I often don't even need to use the 99% Isopropyl alcohol (though I do sometimes).

I can do a full refit in an hour I reckon. I don't ever take the system off completely. I do the back half first, and then the front half... that way I don't lose positioning of the hairpiece on my head.

Hairline touch-ups are the one thing you need to learn. Again this isn't hard, and a couple of attempts will put you in good stead.

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Good luck, I hope you will share your results with us.

You don't need to go to him once a month for a clean and re-bond.

1. Four weeks + is way too long . to keep this glued to your head.

2. You can do the maintenance yourself, it's VERY easy.

3. Depending on the style you chose, you can even do your own, system-off, maintenance haircuts as well.
Thanks! I will def share my experience here with everyone.

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Josh mw first of all good luck.

I find that skin units are easy to maintain at home. The salon/supplier I use advised that these units can stay on the head for several weeks in one stretch, but I prefer to do a clean-up and refit approx. every 2 weeks. Sometimes less, but rarely longer.

If you're going to wear a hair system then you have to learn basic maintenance at home. It isn't difficult at all... it's scary at first, but once you get used to it, the process is easy and quick. Especially with a skin unit, I find that I can carry out maintenance with just some dishwashing liquid, a razor (to shave my hair) and of course the glue. I often don't even need to use the 99% Isopropyl alcohol (though I do sometimes).

I can do a full refit in an hour I reckon. I don't ever take the system off completely. I do the back half first, and then the front half... that way I don't lose positioning of the hairpiece on my head.

Hairline touch-ups are the one thing you need to learn. Again this isn't hard, and a couple of attempts will put you in good stead.

Hi

Do u mind me asking is it not really hard to do a clean up without taking the full system off your head?? Or how did you go about doing it