A 'new' Possible Vehicle For Cb-03-01 ?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was recently going through my bathroom cabinets and found an old freebie a hairdressing friend gave me about a year ago - having never even looked at it until now. Its called 'SP Balance Scalp Energy Serum' and comes in 100ml bottles.

I was actually going to throw it away until i looked at the ingredients - of which contain all ingredients that are being used in the CB-03-01 patent/trials (Alcohol, Transcutol, PG) and was wondering if this would work just as well as mixing the three separately ?

The full ingredient list is as follows:

Alcohol Denat, Aqua, Caffeine, Panthenol, Menthol, Lauric Acid, Parfum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, PEG-35 Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethoxydiglycol (transcutol), Propylene Glycol, Linalool, PEG-20 Glyceryl Laurate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Anyone see why this wouldnt work ? Im only really interested in this because it contains the same penetrator thats actually being used (transcutol), which otherwise isn't too easy to get a hold of here in the UK.

I added 50mg CB into 1ml and dissolved pretty much straight away.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was recently going through my bathroom cabinets and found an old freebie a hairdressing friend gave me about a year ago - having never even looked at it until now. Its called 'SP Balance Scalp Energy Serum' and comes in 100ml bottles.

I was actually going to throw it away until i looked at the ingredients - of which contain all ingredients that are being used in the CB-03-01 patent/trials (Alcohol, Transcutol, PG) and was wondering if this would work just as well as mixing the three separately ?

The full ingredient list is as follows:

Alcohol Denat, Aqua, Caffeine, Panthenol, Menthol, Lauric Acid, Parfum, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, PEG-35 Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethoxydiglycol (transcutol), Propylene Glycol, Linalool, PEG-20 Glyceryl Laurate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Anyone see why this wouldnt work ? Im only really interested in this because it contains the same penetrator thats actually being used (transcutol), which otherwise isn't too easy to get a hold of here in the UK.

I added 50mg CB into 1ml and dissolved pretty much straight away.
Hey Ollie just read this now and are very intrigued by your idea! Can you tell me if it worked? I’ve been using the standard Pg and ethanol and just not sure it does the trick. Thanks

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But can this vehicle drive me off a cliff after yesterday's conference

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the vehicle should work fine. It's the CB i would worry about. That stuff is a very weak as an androgen receptor antagosnist. You'd need to have very mild or nonaggressive hair loss for that stuff to lkely work.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh I see it as very weak as well! Just thinking if that vehicle might be a better substitute instead of pg and ethanol. Have you tried dermarolling and cb? I think this is my next go, I’ve got RU and used it at extremely small doses and got some signs of gyno. That hurt because it was working!

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh I see it as very weak as well! Just thinking if that vehicle might be a better substitute instead of pg and ethanol. Have you tried dermarolling and cb? I think this is my next go, I’ve got RU and used it at extremely small doses and got some signs of gyno. That hurt because it was working!

Where did you get your Ru @Trying2 ? I've been going up to 300mg a day recently in RU (baring in mind covering my entire head) . I didn't really stick to using this vehicle because i felt a bit paranoid of it not working because of how much stuff it had in it. @IdealForehead is the one to ask about vehicles - speaking of which ideal im surprised you havent become more exotic with your vehicles, as they do on the private forums.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you get your Ru @Trying2 ? I've been going up to 300mg a day recently in RU (baring in mind covering my entire head) . I didn't really stick to using this vehicle because i felt a bit paranoid of it not working because of how much stuff it had in it. @IdealForehead is the one to ask about vehicles - speaking of which ideal im surprised you havent become more exotic with your vehicles, as they do on the private forums.

lol. I have no idea what those weird Nazis are doing on the "private forum" and would never want to join there to find out.

I can't see any reason to change my vehicle. Are there any good ideas you've encountered there? Propanediol/Ethanol/Water is simple, gentle enough on my skin, and it works. There's a reason PG/Ethanol/Water is the primary vehicle for minoxidil and it's never changed.

All a vehicle has to do is dissolve your agent, penetrate the skin, and be gentle on the skin.

The only good reason to start using weird vehicles is if you're trying to dissolve agents that don't easily dissolve in these basic solvents, which doesn't apply for anything I'm trying to do.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol. I have no idea what those weird Nazis are doing on the "private forum" and would never want to join there to find out.

I can't see any reason to change my vehicle. Are there any good ideas you've encountered there? Propanediol/Ethanol/Water is simple, gentle enough on my skin, and it works. There's a reason PG/Ethanol/Water is the primary vehicle for minoxidil and it's never changed.

All a vehicle has to do is dissolve your agent, penetrate the skin, and be gentle on the skin.

The only good reason to start using weird vehicles is if you're trying to dissolve agents that don't easily dissolve in these basic solvents, which doesn't apply for anything I'm trying to do.

Makes sense - unfortunately im not one to comment on this sort of thing as my scientific knowledge doesn't go beyond what i learnt from when i was 15/16

Just off the top of my head i know the likes of the illusive 'swiss temples' for topical seti uses:

Alchohol
Polysorbate 80
DMI
DMSO
PG

Not sure what sort of ratio though. Perhaps he makes it more complicated thinking more complicated is better ?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes sense - unfortunately im not one to comment on this sort of thing as my scientific knowledge doesn't go beyond what i learnt from when i was 15/16

Just off the top of my head i know the likes of the illusive 'swiss temples' for topical seti uses:

Alchohol
Polysorbate 80
DMI
DMSO
PG

Not sure what sort of ratio though. Perhaps he makes it more complicated thinking more complicated is better ?

Yeah some people overcomplicate things and some people don't have a full understanding of why they're doing things.

Seti has terrible solubility from what I understand which is what necessitates some of these gymnastics.

But in general, DMSO is highly advisable to avoid unless absolutely necessary. It has anti-collagen effects. There are many studies showing it works to help tissue stretch during breast expander procedures by weakening the collagen underneath. It also causes way too much systemic absorption. When I used daro with DMSO the side effects were twice as much.

I have no idea why he's using DMI. Wikipedia says: "DMI is toxic in contact with skin.[4]". As a general rule, toxic compounds are a poor idea unless necessary.

Polysorbate 80 would give no benefits in my solutions.

I like to keep things simple. I am only using 3 active topical agents right now (daro, desloratadine, niacinamide). My solvent has 3 ingredients, none of which are toxic or harmful. Everything dissolves and penetrates well. This suits me just fine.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my RU from Kane @Ollie if I keep using what I’ve got at the rate I was I’d have 2 grams for years! Just crazy how it bought on enlarged breasts/puffy hard nipples so quickly! And it really did work for me. @IdealForhead what’s your thoughts on making a topical vehicle less strong in the sense of systematic results?