A Latest Article On Tsuji's Work - October, 2018

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, i'm genuinely curious, does hair cancer exist?

How the f are we supposed to know, there were no safety trials for gene editing. Tsuji’s method eliminated tumerous growth afaik, but you were referring to gene editing which is entirely different.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Havent been following tsuji as it is realistically going to be too late for me but just wondering is this essentially about being able to clone hair to transplant in whenever is needed or am i missing something?

Its not what you think in the sense they're not cloning follicles then one by one implanting them back into the scalp. Tsuji is taking a follicle, separating two types of cells from the follicle, then forcing each cell to multiply. Finally they reintroduce the two types of cells back to one another which then know to form a new follicle. It hasn't been made overly clear how the process will happen though. I believe it might have been reported as either a type of injection or a type of small chip that releases the cells under the skin to go and form new follicles.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, i'm genuinely curious, does hair cancer exist?
No since hair is dead matter there is no hair cancer.
But people are scared the stem cells in the hair follicle could turn cacourus (which wouldn t be haircancer).

Stupid question by the way.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its not what you think in the sense they're not cloning follicles then one by one implanting them back into the scalp. Tsuji is taking a follicle, separating two types of cells from the follicle, then forcing each cell to multiply. Finally they reintroduce the two types of cells back to one another which then know to form a new follicle. It hasn't been made overly clear how the process will happen though. I believe it might have been reported as either a type of injection or a type of small chip that releases the cells under the skin to go and form new follicles.
What makes me wonder is to form a new follicle the cells have to form the matrix (made of protein produced by the cells) Normally the cells are only able to form this matrix in embrionic state. When you get a liver transplant for example they are able to wash out half of the old cells and replace them with your stem cells (while the matrix of protein stays the same) Because the science is not so far to generate this matrix. (they try with 3d printers but i think they haven t succeded)

My first guess is because the hair follicle is such a tiny organ it is easier for the cells to form that matrix.
My second guess is because there are still some follicles in the head the new cells get information on how to make the matrix from them.

Theoreticly it doesn t matter because tsuji already proved it is working but out of curiosity i would like to know :))

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes me wonder is to form a new follicle the cells have to form the matrix (made of protein produced by the cells) Normally the cells are only able to form this matrix in embrionic state. When you get a liver transplant for example they are able to wash out half of the old cells and replace them with your stem cells (while the matrix of protein stays the same) Because the science is not so far to generate this matrix. (they try with 3d printers but i think they haven t succeded)

My first guess is because the hair follicle is such a tiny organ it is easier for the cells to form that matrix.
My second guess is because there are still some follicles in the head the new cells get information on how to make the matrix from them.

Theoreticly it doesn t matter because tsuji already proved it is working but out of curiosity i would like to know :))

Yeah thats a good point i wouldn't mind knowing either.

Im also intrigued to know if once these cells are implanted into the sclap (injection, chip etc.) is whether the cells use the skins underlying environment to determine where to position themselves. In other words once implanted will the cells formulate follicles in the exact format of our natural hairlines ?

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Im also intrigued to know if once these cells are implanted into the sclap (injection, chip etc.) is whether the cells use the skins underlying environment to determine where to position themselves. In other words once implanted will the cells formulate follicles in the exact format of our natural hairlines ?
I guess not.
The direction is given by the nylon thread the hair diameter and the hairs per follicle are given by the number of cells. So there is nothing left which could be due to signaling with the surounding tissue.

rxmn

My Regimen
Reaction score

If that was the case it would be great, because than you could have a transplant even at an early stage of diffuse thinning without shockloss or having to shave your head for the procedure.

H

Reaction score

"Keiko: Thank you. Question 7: On the topic of aesthetics: Do you think the direction of hair growth be controlled by natural processes in the skin, or will the placement and positioning of the primordium cells by a qualified surgeon cells play a role? There was previous mention of using a “Nylon Thread Guide” for controlling hair-growth direction, and to limit epithelial cyst formation. Is this still the current plan?

Mr. Toyoshima: This hair-growth direction, which is the flow of hair, is determined when hair is generated. For our published paper, we create a small incision using a small surgical knife, which, as I mentioned earlier, is in the same direction as the hair flow. When the hair follicle germ is grafted in this incision, all hair was regenerated in the same direction as the original hair flow. On the other hand, as an experiment, we also created a small incision for grafting in the opposite direction. This was an experiment using body hair. It is known that the connection direction of arrector pili muscles of hair completely align with hair flow. The results determined that the connection direction of the arrector muscles of hair, as well hair flow, was actually influenced by the surrounding tissues.

Keiko: So this is what you mentioned earlier that transplanted follicles interact with the surrounding tissues…

Mr. Toyoshima: Yes, we believe this can happen. This is dependent on types of hair, the condition of skin for transplant, etc., therefore although we cannot say that it will definitely happen, we think that the direction of regenerated hair growth will align with that of the original hair. For this, we plan to develop a clinical model in the clinical research in the future in order to further study this point. As for the “Nylon Thread Guide”, the most important objective of using it is to prevent a formation of epithelial cyst. As far as the determination of hair growth, it is used to determine the direction of connection with epidermal direction. Transplanted hair follicle germ should not form a cyst, under the skin, therefore in order to prevent such case, we need to make sure that the epidermal layer is firmly attached to the epidermal layer of the transplanted regenerated hair follicle germ. Nylon thread guide is used to ensure this. Therefore, we will probably have to use it in clinical application, and its use is expected to prevent such abnormal results. So we think it is reasonable to use it."

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
SpecificBetterCobra-size_restricted.gif

Vulfpeck

My Regimen
Reaction score

Each hair follicle germ is inserted into the scalp individually with a tiny blade that they described as more of a needle than a knife.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PRAISE BE TO TSUJI

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
does this hair cloning only works best with stabilized hairloss (completely bald scalp without small hairs usually nw4/nw7)?

Because right now i have diffuse thinning and the hairloss will not stabilize atleast for the next 10 years.

Would TSUJI'S cure work just as good if you still have thin hairs all over the top of your head? or it would work better or only be accessible if you have literally no more hairs on top of your head?

Last edited:

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
''dht resistant follicule/donor area'' .....im confused.

you probably still need to take finasteride or/and minoxidil to maintain the new transplanted hairs,

I always see people with regular hair transplants on forums.

Alot of them are still using finasteride or minoxidil, or they atleast get recommended that by the hair transplant surgeon.

If they dont use those drugs, their transplant will only last maximum 10 years (atleast thats what they beleive)

we kinda have anecdotal evidence of this

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you probably still need to take finasteride or/and minoxidil to maintain the new transplanted hairs

No, the new hair does not have the susceptibility to miniaturization.

You'd have to take finasteride for any of your original hair that will shrink.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
''dht resistant follicule/donor area'' .....im confused.

you probably still need to take finasteride or/and minoxidil to maintain the new transplanted hairs,

I always see people with regular hair transplants on forums.

Alot of them are still using finasteride or minoxidil, or they atleast get recommended that by the hair transplant surgeon.

If they dont use those drugs, their transplant will only last maximum 10 years (atleast thats what they beleive)

we kinda have anecdotal evidence of this

If your hairloss is stabilised then that's it you're cured. If it hasn't you can wait for the rest to die and then get the surgery, or keep going back every year as your hair falls out. Or yeah just replace what you've lost so far and then stay on finasteride.

Transplanted follicles are immune to balding, and TSUJI is basically developing a hair transplant method with unlimited follicles. Whether it turns out that way is another question.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hairloss is stabilised then that's it you're cured. If it hasn't you can wait for the rest to die and then get the surgery, or keep going back every year as your hair falls out. Or yeah just replace what you've lost so far and then stay on finasteride.

Transplanted follicles are immune to balding, and TSUJI is basically developing a hair transplant method with unlimited follicles. Whether it turns out that way is another question.

but imagine what it would take to reach regular hair density....

it would take something like 5000-10 000 hair graphs ($$$$).

which would take i dont know how many hours (6-10) of most likely painful procedure.

and thats if everything goes well. With that many graphs/density of new hairs, you could have necrosis of the follicle. So it would probably be better to have atleast 3 sessions.

im just speculating tho, idk how all of this will play out. crossing fingers i guess