A haircut for thinning hair (short fringe, other parts long)

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I want to cut my hair short, to make the shedding less noticeable and make it easier to style, but I still have to look heavy with a long haircut for my band. And as I'm not thinning at the back and on the crown (yet), I thought of a haircut, that is shorter from the front and longer from anywhere else -- that would take care of the critical zone of my hair and still look long. I don't have a mullet on my mind with a long back only, but just a messier hairstyle with a shorter fringe, that could still be combed over the bald areas, just a huge forehead look with long hair.
We all know, what I would get from a hairdresser with this kind of a describtion, so I think it's better if I show them a picture. I have seen lots of guys with this haircut, but I can't find any pictures from the Internet. Can anyone help me please?
Thanks!

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
David%20Crosby%201.jpg

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
G

I have a question, how come people with a receeding hairline just don't leave their hair long and have long bangs and then just let it drop forward over the forehead to cover the receeding up? I don't understand why everyone has to shave off their hair to reveal the balding

style it like ashton kutcher or something

Sorue

Reaction score
obviously cos the hair aint thick enough to pass off as bangs, instead they're strangly looking and gross. the worst that can happen is when you've perspiration on your forehead, then those receded bangs are gonna look WOW

Obsidian

Reaction score
I would do that sum bald gai if I could, but sadly I hsve thinned out pretty bad on my sides too so it would look pretty bad trying to grow it out again. Fanjeera, you said yourself you want to look heavy for your band, he did his and it looked good.
Kerry_King-2150_5e30.jpg
Get some tats and you are set

One of my favorite guitarists rocks a buzz cut and has a nice bald spot in the back too
Page Hamilton of Helmet
2459812572_be83a24eaa.jpg

P5030071.JPG

Epiphany

Reaction score
Helmet are awesome! Page Hamilton, what a guy.

Just wish I had more hair to compliment my headbanging to his music :(

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I always tell them to cut it short on the sides (right to the top of the ear) and to leave a little length on top (just so I can move it around as needed :)

Seems to work for me. (My on-stage rocker days are behind me now though).