A Hair System But Having To Wear A Hard Hat For Work?

Ash'

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'am currently looking into potentially going down the road of getting a hair system myself but my job requires me to wear a hard hat for most of the day, 5 days a week.

Would this effect the integrity, longevity, maintenance and overall look of say a silk based system?

I plan on calculating and planning everything to transitioning from using concealers to a lighter densed system to gradually going thicker. All the while sourcing each system myself after being contempt with my first one if I choose to go down that route.

Ultimately I want to save for a hair transplant using the FUE method as I'm only 25 but have been thinning to a NW4 type more aggressively over the past two years.

Ash

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Ash

It sounds like you have done your research and have a good plan.

I have to wear a hard hat sometimes (though not every day), and I also wear a bike helmet pretty regularly. You get "hat hair" when you take it off, but no different from the guys with real hair when they take their helmets off. It still looks natural - it doesn't give away the fact it is a system. I would say if you are wearing a hard hat day in day out it would take a toll on the hair, but probably not the base. If possible I would consider wearing a bandana under the hat, or maybe a thin silk ski-cap, just to protect the hair from the friction of the hat. You do see guys with their own hair doing that. Would that work for you?

Noah

Ash'

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Ash

It sounds like you have done your research and have a good plan.

I have to wear a hard hat sometimes (though not every day), and I also wear a bike helmet pretty regularly. You get "hat hair" when you take it off, but no different from the guys with real hair when they take their helmets off. It still looks natural - it doesn't give away the fact it is a system. I would say if you are wearing a hard hat day in day out it would take a toll on the hair, but probably not the base. If possible I would consider wearing a bandana under the hat, or maybe a thin silk ski-cap, just to protect the hair from the friction of the hat. You do see guys with their own hair doing that. Would that work for you?

Noah

Hey Noah,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Having 'hat hair' would be no issue at all, it is expected if I had a thick head of hair so that's great.

I would certainly rather get a hat insert to preserve the longevity of the hair so that's fine.

Also I think I will use some hair fibre's for next month or two while I carry on to do my research. I definitely want to go to a professional first so I can then get the details of the correct colour, size, weave etc so hopefully then I can order another system to have a spare. Get that one cut in properly and maybe to begin to experiment In washing it and fitting it myself to cut cost and be independent and not at the mercy of the professional.

But it's really daunting and not wanting to completely get rid of everything on top to hope it will come back or the glue won't damage what is going to be left over.

Eventually I would like to get a transplant but of course it's all down to cost and won't be viable for another 2 years so I'm hoping a system will suffice and bring my self confidence back?

Ash

Noah

Reaction score
Ash, you sound like a sensible balanced guy who has really thought this through and has a good plan. Good luck with it, and if you have Qs as you go along, feel free to ask.

Noah