A Full Hair System Replacement - Natural

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry, english is not my native language, I will try to be as clear as I can be, I hope it will be enough.

My hair loss is very agressive and is a "alopecia retrograde". I'm losing my hair on the top, around my ears and above the neck.

That's why I'm considering a full hair system, something that stay on my scalp for a week a least. A wig that allows me to go swimming, sauna, do some sports ...
Something that convers my entire scalp, not just the top.

Is that possible ?

Thank you !

PS : I live in France.

shookwun

Reaction score
lol. u aint going swimming, and hitting up the sauna any time soon, Jeff.

What you need are controlled environments, that minimize sun exposure and include A/C

Noah

Reaction score
IMG_5993.jpg

Hi IMS. Yes, a full system that stays on for a week is very do-able, and will be fine for swimming, sports etc.

As you may already know, there are 2 problem points with full systems (where all the hair you see is prosthetic, and none of your natural hair is visible). First, is to get good adhesion and an undetectable feel in the area at the back of the neck, below the skull ridge. There, you are gluing the hairpiece to an area (your neck muscles) which are continually changing shape as you move your head. Even if you get good adhesion, often the hairpiece is quite detectable to feel in that area. Second, in the areas of your sideburns and temples your natural hair is very fine and thin, and these are hard to reproduce with a prosthetic, because the mesh base is visible. So there is an advantage if you can keep a viable amount of your natural hair on your neck and at your temples and sideburns, and replace all the rest with a system. But that may not be possible for you, depending on how your hairloss is progressing.

If it is not possible, an alternative may be to pick an undercut style where you basically shave your sides and the back of your neck, and have hair (prosthetic hair in this case) just on the front and top. If you are willing to consider a style like that you could avoid the main problems of a full system. Here is a random example off the Internet.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is also something called a "Full Cap", where the system is not just on the top, but covers most, if not all of the entire scalp, depending on what you choose. I was told by the guys I am using that I could go "full cap" if I wanted to go with a long style", since my remaining hair is fine, and does not grow very long. They told me that it requires more maintenance than a partial system, and will potentially be more uncomfortable.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You attach the system, the same as any other (lace, poly, or otherwise), the base of the system is the entire cap.