A Few Questions, Save Me Trawling Other Forums

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just thought I'd see if I could find some answers here first.

Anyone know of a daily wear tape for the front of the piece that's as effective as the longer term wear tape that is meant especially for the front?

Could anyone tell me what a comb ''with cushions on the ends'' is? I have a plastic comb with flexible bristles, but not sure what ''cushions'' means.

Finally, in the pic below, are you supposed to cut all of the thing off, or just the front, as in mine here.

Thanks!
WIN_20180502_18_17_29_Pro.jpg

Noah

Reaction score
1CC2F15F-7E54-4C08-943A-D55F775ACCAB-4774-000005CA029ECD3B.jpeg
Hi JC

I think the "cushions" must be a reference to something like this.

For daily wear tape have a look at the Hair Direct shop. They have a huge range of tapes, and they classify them by duration of hold, so you can easily see which ones are for daily removal.

I can't understand your last question. Could you elaborate?

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, Noah, thanks for your reply.

Admit it, that's your Elsa brush :p Is that the kind of brush everyone uses?

I think Hair Direct was the shop I've been looking at. What I meant was if there was anybody on here that has one that's both daily hold and super undetectable. I know you can get tape for the hairline that's less detectable than the norm, but I was wondering if there was one that also had a daily hold.

Sorry. What I meant was that in the photo, the front inner bit, where you put the tape or glue, has been cut off, by my stylist, whereas the rest of it remains. I wondered if it was all meant to be cut off, or just some of it?

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried throwing it in the garage, the garage door wasn't strong enough to keep the piece in, and it always manages to smash through it. Then there's the uncomfortable moment when the piece finds me in the house, and I have to explain to it why I locked it in the garage again.

Noah

Reaction score
66503D3D-52F9-4A7B-93C6-F5EF7CF32B7B-4774-000005D60B3D9CA0.jpeg

Admit it, that's your Elsa brush :p

You should see my classy hair clips.

Sorry, I can't help with the tape issue. Hopefully others will chip in.

Are you talking about the polythene rim around the edge? Most systems that have a polythene rim just have it on the back and sides, where it won't be visible. You couldn't have it on the hairline if you aspire to an undetectable look - far too thick and visible. I am not sure whether the rim originally went all around your unit and was trimmed off the hairline by your stylist, or whether it only ever went around the back and sides. The latter would be more normal.

Whether you choose to have a poly horseshoe is a personal choice - more detectable to the touch, but a good surface for sticking tape to, so therefore a more secure hold and an easier clean-up. Usually if you do opt for the rim (as in this case) it's not easy to get it off without damaging the lace. So be careful if you do try that.

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 88022

You should see my classy hair clips.

Sorry, I can't help with the tape issue. Hopefully others will chip in.

Are you talking about the polythene rim around the edge? Most systems that have a polythene rim just have it on the back and sides, where it won't be visible. You couldn't have it on the hairline if you aspire to an undetectable look - far too thick and visible. I am not sure whether the rim originally went all around your unit and was trimmed off the hairline by your stylist, or whether it only ever went around the back and sides. The latter would be more normal.

Whether you choose to have a poly horseshoe is a personal choice - more detectable to the touch, but a good surface for sticking tape to, so therefore a more secure hold and an easier clean-up. Usually if you do opt for the rim (as in this case) it's not easy to get it off without damaging the lace. So be careful if you do try that.

Thanks, Noah. Yes, that's what I meant. The stylist cut it off, I just wondered if I needed to remove the entire thing.

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish you the best, hope it works out.

Thanks. I'm hoping the piece and I can come to an agreement. He'll give me the opportunity to see a girl without any clothes on again, and in return, I'll promise not to drive out to the woods, push him out the car, and drive off.

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, Noah, forget to ask. What type of comb do you use? Or do you style with your hand? I aspire to the kind of style that requires a comb. I read on the Toplace site how you need to use a comb with cushions, to prevent tearing the piece.