A Few Finasteride Questions Before I Start!

Mystory

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you :) I hope i do too! And yeah i thought that haha my grandmother told me that story when i was little so i made the connection to you and the site lol. I just wonder if its ok to dermaroll every night.. gonna make a post about that one!

With a derma roller which is 0.75mm- 1.5mm you can use it once a week, a derma roller which is 0.25mm and generally used to aid the absorption of topicals such as minoxidil they can be used every other day. Although if you're using 1.5mm you should avoid using minoxidil for 24 hours. Derma rolling every day isn't a very good idea because you're not allowing your scalp time to heal.

It's also important to clean your derma roller with 75%+ alcohol and to change it every 20 uses as the needles blunt.

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
With a derma roller which is 0.75mm- 1.5mm you can use it once a week, a derma roller which is 0.25mm and generally used to aid the absorption of topicals such as minoxidil they can be used every other day. Although if you're using 1.5mm you should avoid using minoxidil for 24 hours. Derma rolling every day isn't a very good idea because you're not allowing your scalp time to heal.

It's also important to clean your derma roller with 75%+ alcohol and to change it every 20 uses as the needles blunt.

Thanks for the tips! Im actually using a 0.5mm roller and yeah i know about the blunting problem so ive already ordered another one haha!
Guess ill take an off day from the roller and try apply a small amount of S5 after each shower, dont like using it during the day as ive got medium/long hair and it messes up my style lol. Im concerned i may also be a diffuse thinner as without a good thickening shampoo my hair looks like total crap.. Thin and wispy temples plus my hair goes like frying pan greasy in 24 hours so i needa shower every day :(

On a side note: when i look at my progression pics i dont see much change at all, could be down to bad lighting, etc but in a couple of pics it actually looks better but when i look in the mirror it looks worse! So i really dont know what to think, however i am 99% sure its gotten worse. I just hope my new regime works.. i have real bad anxiety ( as name suggests and having to go bald would probably be the literal death of me ). Hoping for a miracle right now! Haha

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any more advice on whether to take .5 or the full 1mg? cheers
Idk if you already started dosage but I would just start with the full 1mg. No reason to really start with .5mg. If you experience sides on the 1mg you can try lower dosages, but there is really no reason to start with a dosage lower than 1mg if you don't know whether you will experience sides or not. If you do have sides on 1mg then just lower the dosage. The half life of the drug is only like 5-6 hours.

Mystory

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! Im actually using a 0.5mm roller and yeah i know about the blunting problem so ive already ordered another one haha!
Guess ill take an off day from the roller and try apply a small amount of S5 after each shower, dont like using it during the day as ive got medium/long hair and it messes up my style lol. Im concerned i may also be a diffuse thinner as without a good thickening shampoo my hair looks like total crap.. Thin and wispy temples plus my hair goes like frying pan greasy in 24 hours so i needa shower every day :(

On a side note: when i look at my progression pics i dont see much change at all, could be down to bad lighting, etc but in a couple of pics it actually looks better but when i look in the mirror it looks worse! So i really dont know what to think, however i am 99% sure its gotten worse. I just hope my new regime works.. i have real bad anxiety ( as name suggests and having to go bald would probably be the literal death of me ). Hoping for a miracle right now! Haha

Sounds alot like my hair, before I started Propecia my hair would be so bloody greasy every morning, so much so I could actually style my hair from how oily it was haha. But since starting Propecia it's not as greasy, well not greasy at all actually. Although I think my hair actually began to dry out a bit after I started taking pumpkin seed oil tablets. Are you on Propecia? If you're not and want to go down the natural rout try saw palmetto which is standardised to have 85-95% fatty acids, pumpkin seed oil, and flaxseed oil. Massaging your scalp is also a great way to increase blood flow to the scalp, and there's a tone of studys showing the effectiveness of this. Hence why all these shampoos which claim to help you to keep your hair all say on the bottle to massage it into your scalp for a few minutes. If your hair is being lost at a snails pace I wouldn't worry too much for the moment, although I know what it's like. I've been anxious about my hair since I was 19, and at 19 I had great hair!

Apparently there's a new product in the pipe line, can't remember where I read it but it's got some weird name like s5007 or something. Apparently it's a new drug which has had great success with actually making bald people regrow hair. Is expected to hit the market by 2020.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds alot like my hair, before I started Propecia my hair would be so bloody greasy every morning, so much so I could actually style my hair from how oily it was haha. But since starting Propecia it's not as greasy, well not greasy at all actually. Although I think my hair actually began to dry out a bit after I started taking pumpkin seed oil tablets. Are you on Propecia? If you're not and want to go down the natural rout try saw palmetto which is standardised to have 85-95% fatty acids, pumpkin seed oil, and flaxseed oil. Massaging your scalp is also a great way to increase blood flow to the scalp, and there's a tone of studys showing the effectiveness of this. Hence why all these shampoos which claim to help you to keep your hair all say on the bottle to massage it into your scalp for a few minutes. If your hair is being lost at a snails pace I wouldn't worry too much for the moment, although I know what it's like. I've been anxious about my hair since I was 19, and at 19 I had great hair!

Apparently there's a new product in the pipe line, can't remember where I read it but it's got some weird name like s5007 or something. Apparently it's a new drug which has had great success with actually making bald people regrow hair. Is expected to hit the market by 2020.

Yep im on propecia ( little over 3 months ), done nothing so far but eat my temples and hairline away, although im fairly certain ( or at least hoping ) my recession has slowed down a bit since adding S5 cream and derma rolling. Went a bit overboard with the roller at first using every day but its only a 0.5 so im giving a few days break to let it heal and im trying to consistently use S5 twice daily which so far hasn't been as much of a pain as i thought it would be since it dries quick and is fairly clean and easy to apply. Whats the benefit of pumpkin seeds? I hear some people take it as a supplement like biotin ( which i should really get back on )

As all things are, the more extreme the regime the better the results will be. So hoping going from propecia alone to that plus S5 x2 daily, dermarolling few times a week and nizoral every few days should help me out :D ( Please god let it help... )

You're lucky to have had good hair at 19, im almost 20 and my dad has better hair than i do haha but thats just life i guess