A Breif Pipeline Update: Bimatoprost Finally Dead?

LusciousLadyLocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
It works, but they would lose their Latisse income stream. Latisse is very low concentration--for head-hair growth, 5-15% concentration is needed. They won't release it until their huge Latisse profit margins are dead.

Takeela370

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure this is being entirely too optimistic but maybe they are having such astounding results with seti that they aren't going to waste money on bim?

(just an idea don't hurt me)

Takeela370

My Regimen
Reaction score
It works, but they would lose their Latisse income stream. Latisse is very low concentration--for head-hair growth, 5-15% concentration is needed. They won't release it until their huge Latisse profit margins are dead.

Idk about this. I doubt they make nearly enough money from Latisse to cancel a product that, if it worked well enough, 60-70% of men in the US (or world even) would take. I think only reason would be it's not working at all, they can't get it to penetrate, or they have another product that works better.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk about this. I doubt they make nearly enough money from Latisse to cancel a product that, if it worked well enough, 60-70% of men in the US (or world even) would take. I think only reason would be it's not working at all, they can't get it to penetrate, or they have another product that works better.

They might not realize that 50 per cent of men get no benefit from minoxidil, and thus another growth stimulant is needed.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure this is being entirely too optimistic but maybe they are having such astounding results with seti that they aren't going to waste money on bim?

(just an idea don't hurt me)

I doubt it, the seti trials have barely started.

Takeela370

My Regimen
Reaction score
They might not realize that 50 per cent of men get no benefit from minoxidil, and thus another growth stimulant is needed.

They have dedicated teams set to research the potential future profits of any drug they make, I think they have taken into account that minoxidil does not work for everyone, not to mention, even if minoxidil does work for you, you're still likely to take something else that will work in unison or synergistically with it. These are huge companies with billions at stake, they don't miss these things.

And yea I doubt it's because the Seti trials are going so well, because as you said they just started. I'm sure it's just because it's not penetrating, causing side effects, or not causing enough regrowth. If Bim is 10X the price of finasteride and minoxidil then they can't compete with low cost minoxidil and finasteride.

Who knows the real reason though, maybe they'll release why they bailed on Bim in the next quarterly investor statement or something.

Herold

My Regimen
Reaction score
SETI ist also going to fail... we are so f*****g screwed :confused:

German late night talk; topic is some miraculous Chinese hair loss cure:

(of course it was a scam)