A Breif Pipeline Update: Bimatoprost Finally Dead?

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey my fellow cue balls. It looks like anyone clinging on to hope for bimatoprost providing minuscule relief in the next few years while we wait for tsuji/lauster im here to tell you it seems allergan has finally abandoned bim. They recently terminated the most current study for bim for Androgenetic Alopecia and even removed it from their pipeline on their site.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pathetic industry.

Doesn't this work?

What exactly is the problem?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
No huge loss there. PGF analogue? Lol. I have yet to see anything positive coming out of the whole prostaglandin theory in practice, anywhere.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No huge loss there. PGF analogue? Lol. I have yet to see anything positive coming out of the whole prostaglandin theory in practice, anywhere.

I'm sorry to nerd up the thread,

But what you call the prostaglandin theory should be called the prostaglandin hypothesis.

Within real science the word theory is only used when there is a substantial body of evidence, for example the theory of gravity.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

But what you call the prostaglandin theory should be called the prostaglandin hypothesis.

Within real science the word theory is only used when there is a substantial body of evidence, for example the theory of gravity.

I actually wanted to edit that, but then decided not to give a sh*t.

Either way, whatever you decide to call it, I don't have a very high opinion of PGD2 inhibitors, PGE2, or any other prostaglandin-based treatments. We've had TM30089 for years, that's pretty much the best PGD2 inhibitor out there, I don't know why so few people use it, and of those who do, not many reported anything worth writing home about, not even maintenance.

There is westonci here on the forum throwing hundreds of dollars a month on all those esoteric chemicals, if he even has maintenance, even though he believes he is seeing regrowth but at this rate it will take him 50 years to get NW1 (if his results continue linearly). I can get his results for a lot less cash.

All in all, lot of hype for nothing if you ask me.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually wanted to edit that, but then decided not to give a sh*t.

Either way, whatever you decide to call it, I don't have a very high opinion of PGD2 inhibitors, PGE2, or any other prostaglandin-based treatments. We've had TM30089 for years, that's pretty much the best PGD2 inhibitor out there, I don't know why so few people use it, and of those who do, not many reported anything worth writing home about, not even maintenance.

There is westonci here on the forum throwing hundreds of dollars a month on all those esoteric chemicals, if he even has maintenance, even though he believes he is seeing regrowth but at this rate it will take him 50 years to get NW1 (if his results continue linearly). I can get his results for a lot less cash.

All in all, lot of hype for nothing if you ask me.
While correlation does not necessarily translate to causation it can still provide with insight on the underpinning mechanisms. Prostaglandin D2 has been shown to be elevated for male pattern baldness sufferers and I don't see harm in exploring this field.

I'm in the same boat you, I haven't seen enough evidence of PGD2 inhibitors reducing or stopping hair loss. But they could still lead to other discoveries or just increase knowledge of male pattern baldness. After all, the best treatments we have (minoxidil + finasteride) were discovered by accident.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

Yup.

Evolution is also a theory.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
We all knew it would never make it to market.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we have conquered the atom , are on the verge of kicking cancer's ***, will be sending people to mars soon and still can't get a hair to grow on a guy's head. WTF !

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought bima was already proven to grow hair though? I guess it only worked for eyelashes. Or maybe it worked but there was something unsatisfactory about it, we don't know why they dropped it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought bima was already proven to grow hair though? I guess it only worked for eyelashes. Or maybe it worked but there was something unsatisfactory about it, we don't know why they dropped it.

The initial phase 2 trial found similar efficacy to minoxidil. Apparently they weren't able to improve on that. There isn't much point in spending more money to release a treatment that can't beat something that is already available off patent.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That whole mindset is so retarded; the mechanism of action is also important, not just efficacy. If a one-time injection of replicel only works as well as finasteride, which can easily cause gynecomastia and you have to take almost every day forever, is that reason to say "well, we're sh*t out of luck, guess we'll never touch finasteride's mid-90's golden powdery ***?" Obviously f*****g not, yet I've heard this same thing about aderans, replicel and now bimatoprost. If the companies read hair loss forums, they'd understand the importance of combination treatment, and how some people are depending on this combination treatments as part of a larger cure. Why do you see so many fantastical comments like "replicel + histogen = cure" or "SM + CB + Tsuji = cure?" How many times have you seen any one of these treatments treated like a cure? Never, because they likely won't be. Note I'm not addressing this comment but the attitude of drug developers

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's retarded from our POV perhaps, but from a company POV it's highly logical. They care about +ROI ($), they don't care about you.

Btw trust me that Aderans did not manage to maintain hair. And if Shisheido will, you can expect a RAPID release to market of the treatment and Replicel will pursue to launch their stuff in the EU/USA immediately with all their power. No questions asked. It will be a money maker pur sang.

Periodic injections that maintains hair in a huge % of people with Androgenetic Alopecia with a (near) perfect safety profile?

That's just a godly treatment.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's retarded from our POV perhaps, but from a company POV it's highly logical. They care about +ROI ($), they don't care about you.

Btw trust me that Aderans did not manage to maintain hair. And if Shisheido will, you can expect a RAPID release to market of the treatment and Replicel will pursue to launch their stuff in the EU/USA immediately with all their power. No questions asked. It will be a money maker pur sang.

Periodic injections that maintains hair in a huge % of people with Androgenetic Alopecia with a (near) perfect safety profile?

That's just a godly treatment.
I understand your point, but having a line drawn between what benefits the business vs. the customer is probably why neither people with hair loss or the businesses developing treatments are succeeding. I mean... it's business, a business with the mindset of benefiting itself and not the target consumer is both paradoxical and destined to fail. Unless they invest in scams which are the exception.