A 7 And A Half Year finasteride Vet, Adding Dermarolling And Min, Will Update With Progress Pics.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, you can check out my regimen and or check my story in my signature. In October 2011, I noticed really bad thinning behind my left temple, I panicked, did some research, and ended up on finasteride. Eveything was grand until a couple of months ago, I noticed more recession, panicked again, did some research, I decided to start dermarolling combined with minoxidil.

Here are my baseline pics (July 31st, 2019). Hoping to thicken up those temples, maybe even some new regrowth ...... :rolleyes:

Left temple:

Hairline left temple (2).jpg

hairline left temple 2.jpg

Right temple:

Hairline right temple (2).jpg

right temple straight (2).jpg

I'm 30 (nearly 31) btw.

Last edited:

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some high resolution pics the hair transplant Doctor took for me on a USB. Will upload them later. They're from March of this year, around the time I noticed my hairline getting worst. So they can also act as a baseline.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Left temple

left temple distance (hr).jpg

Right temple

right temple distance (hr).jpg

Left temple zoom

left temple (hr).jpg

Right temple zoom

right temple (high resolution).jpg

And hairline zoomed in.

hairline front (hr).jpg

Vertex

vertex (hr).jpg

Crown

crown (hr).jpg

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to cause any offense considering that whenever I suggest this people come back at me like rabid dogs, but are you sure you are losing your hair? Maybe your hairline just matured a bit.

I have diffuse thinning so I myself get annoyed when people suggest I may not have balding. But your crown could be more thicker than Zayn Malik by the looks of it.

No offence caused, my dude.

Trust me. If I didnt start finasteride when I was 23 Id probably be a Norwood 3.5 by now.

Just like my father was, and his father before him.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks great man, I'm coming up on 4 years on Finasteride myself. What did your hair look like prior?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks great man, I'm coming up on 4 years on Finasteride myself. What did your hair look like prior?

In terms of the hairline, im not too sure. It was a bit lower, and temporal points were more pronounced, but I never took pics.

Hoping dermarolling and min gimme that back. Hopeful but realistic.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sides from finastride?

Initially it dried out my forehead for whatever reason, and my libido went through the roof for a few days.

But since then, no sides.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a receding hairline, but your density is god-like, which will allow you to maintain a great Norwood coverup for years to come.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A little over 2 weeks and Im seeing what looks like velus hairs on my temporal points?

Surely thats too soon? Im also noticing hair from tip of my temple point to the corner of my eyebrow yet i barely yet it drip down.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing really changed since I noticed the vellus hairs on my left temple, no change, coulda been always there, never really examined my hairline like Ive been doing prior to minoxidil.

My beard looks darker after a months usage though.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 months in and I can say with about 85% certainty that im seeing regrowth on my hairline AND temporal points.

The hair behind the left side of hairline already looks thicker and my temporal points look stronger ( I press hard as f*** when rolling the points).

Will update with pictures either later on, or wait for the 3 month mark like planned.

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you apply minoxidil right after you dermaroll ? If so do you feel an itch as if blood is rushing to the hair ?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you apply minoxidil right after you dermaroll ? If so do you feel an itch as if blood is rushing to the hair ?

I dermaroll a few hours after my first applicatiom