__northnorth's journey to a better hairline__

northnorth

Reaction score
So, I noticed about 2-3 little pimples on my head this morning after using the Revita routine 5 days straight. Going to follow the directions and take two days off and see if I notice a difference.

The shampoo and revita cor are a pain in the *** in the shower but I am trying to work it into my morning routine

shampoo for 1 minute
apply shampoo for 3 minutes
get out and shave
put in conditioner for two minutes
wash face / body

hopefully the pimples will shed away

northnorth

Reaction score
progress pics

1235b42.jpg

23r5yzm.jpg

2nvau4n.jpg

i've noticed more thickness but i ran out of my proscar for a week and was finally able to take it last night. i just started doing rogaine two times a day. my temples have slowly stopped fading and are growing back a little bit.

edit

ive been shedding reallly hard right now. so.. instead of growing it out right now im going to keep it buzzed.

northnorth

Reaction score
Been a little less than month since I started applying rogaine foam 2x a day.

I am still shedding though or more so now. I apply it to my temples, crown, and the front of my scalp. Maybe it will make some growth, only time will tell.

I had to find a hair cutter at 8:20 ish on a wednesday night and ended up getting a terrible buzz cut from this girl who kept trying to buy some tree oil shampoo for my scalp. Some of my hairs are bigger than the others- where she missed the hair or went to deep. She didn't even do the back of my neck.

Hence why I am not posting any updated pics. I will grow it out so I can get a decent buzz for the next week or two. Then I will post updated pictues.

Revita shampoo and conditioner isn't that much of a hassle to me. I've found its easier to apply it in my bathroom sink than taking a shower for 15 minutes.

MARTINSTERN

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i have a question, what exactly does the revita shampoo do, im on finpecia and rogaine now and looking for more things to add..

vkblue2569

Reaction score
hi mate ive just started using revita cor and shampoo, do u think they are helping with your hairline? does your scalp tingle when using the conditioner? ive pretty much tried everything over the years and have maintained my hair to an extent but could really do with some regrowth :)

northnorth

Reaction score
MARTINSTERN said:
hi i have a question, what exactly does the revita shampoo do, im on finpecia and rogaine now and looking for more things to add..

"The most powerful shampoo to boost vitality and slow hair loss, Revita® works from early-stage baldness prevention through late-stage regrowth treatment. Because Revita combines many highly effective compounds known to preserve and regrow hair.

These include gentle natural cleansers, plus anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antioxidant, and anti-hormonal agents, as well as compounds for hydration, nutrition, stimulation, and reconstruction.

Synergy between these leading-edge ingredients means Revita can stave off hair loss and support restoration, so users always look and feel their best."

I got that off of a website. What I noticed was less flakes / if any, softer buzzed hair, only cause acne if you use to much, stimulates the scalp. feels good affter washing your hair with it.

northnorth

Reaction score
vkblue2569 said:
hi mate ive just started using revita cor and shampoo, do u think they are helping with your hairline? does your scalp tingle when using the conditioner? ive pretty much tried everything over the years and have maintained my hair to an extent but could really do with some regrowth :)

Yes, I have noticed some differences. My hair is not balding as fast as it was. I believe it has kept my temples from receding anymore. I would recomend it to anyone brah

northnorth

Reaction score
Long time no update, I've been working on my career as well as doing physical therapy for my knee and shoulder.

Recent, taken today.. maybe a week after 1/2 buzz. My hair grows extremely fast.. Seriously, I need to buzz again because it's getting to 'long'

2hpk2vt.jpg

2dhwkko.jpg

Scalp is red because I have been sitting at my office with my hoodie on because thats how I roll.

166gizr.jpg

I haven't take finasteride. in over 3 days because I started to get the worst side effect possible, atleast in my opinion= Gyno. I am not going to take it anymore and I know that I will lose some hair gains that I've made.

Not going to lie, my hair is shedding like crazy or I am balding like crazy because with my buzzed hair, I can see those terrible lines and it draws out what is going to happen= feelbadman.jpg

I am not giving up on this battle. I will continue taking my rogaine foam and using revita shampoo. Never give up on a hair regime.
I have eventually come to the conclusion that I really need to step up on my income and work so I can save up for my appartment, new car, and then a hair transplant.

People may laugh at me for dropping a large sum of money on a couple hair transplants- but if it makes me feel more confident, why not? You live once, live how you want as long as you keep your life together.

aesthetics > male breasts

I was the unlucky guy that got side effects, I knew what could happen when taking this drug and so did my GP. I don't regret taking it because I have learned a lesson.

I am seeing an Endocrionologist to check out my estrogen levels next week to see about my Gyno and when / if it will go away. So, I am not sure if it was the finasteride that caused it or something that I take I use daily that is very lipophilic..

Back story:

Pills are never good for myself. I had no idea what I was taking at the time. I was encouraged by my trainer to take test boosters and anti estrogens. He told me where to find the good supplements and which ones (6-oxo, 2-ad,4-ad,11-oxo, 1-ad, Arom-x).

That's how I started balding in the first place- prohormones with out any pct from age 16-19. Prohormone's back in 2006-2009 were getting banned because they were Methyl-1-Testosterone related. That is the single most potent porhormone substance in the supplement industry. It also had Diandrone which is DHEA which is something you want to stay far, far away from. They kept getting banned after FDA actually looked at the supplements. Supplements and many other things are usually not FDA approved, look on an Emergen-C drink mixer,

Under the Emergen-C decal, Health and Energy booster is in bold and has an asterisk next to it. The asterisk is then shown in a smaller unbolded font "This statement has not been evauluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease"

Which is simply saying, maybe it will give you energy- we haven't looked into it. Kinda makes you wonder what other things aren't FDA approved that you ingest daily.

eddiethepjman

Reaction score
Hey man, I'm right in the same boat as you are. When I was 19 I made the absolutely moronic decision to do test boosters. I did two cycles of Methy 1-d, one of them with a pct one of them without. If there is anything worse than hair loss, its losing your hair and knowing you are responsible..... I'm 21 now and there isn't a day that I don't regret having messed with my body like I did.... Been on finasteride for 2 1/2 months and recently started minoxidil... so hopefully things look up

MARTINSTERN

Established Member
Reaction score
hi north im just curious how did you notice you were getting side effects from the finasteride?

also how long were you on finasteride?

northnorth

Reaction score
MARTINSTERN said:
hi north im just curious how did you notice you were getting side effects from the finasteride?

also how long were you on finasteride?

I started taking finasteride around Jan '10. I noticed sexual side effects for a few weeks within the first month but that went away. I began this freinds with benefites deal and lasted longer than I thought was possible, never had a problem gasmin' or any of that. Sometimes I would have a hard on for hours. That was not too fun. I feel like a goddamn 16-year-old again. I noticed major sides after a year's use.

December is when I started to think... wait a second when I noticed. I thought it was because of my weight fluctuations. I waited until last week to get it checked out. But I have been examined by my MD and have a minor case.. I was referred to an Endo doctor and I am seeing him in April. My doctor may believe there is some underlying issues- serious issues (Cancer, which happens to run in my family) or I am just unlucky.

It would be great to just be unlucky than to be diagnosed with a terrible disease. I would actually have to thank drug companies for givng me side effects that pointed out tumors..

Edit: New Regime

Roagine Foam 2x a day
Revita Shampoo 2-3 x a week (i have buzzed hair and pimples aren't attractive)
Saw palmetto extract
Soy Isoflavones multi from Vitamin World

There has only been one case where Soy caused an increase in estrogen levels and that was because an elderly man had been drinking ~1 gallon of soy milk a day for years since he was diagnosed as a diabetic.

In Asian countries, soy is in their daily diet. We don't even come close to eating as much Soy as the average asian person on a day to day basis.

"Moreover, it has been shown that in the soy extract, the isoflavone genistein can stimulate the production of hyaluronic acid (HA) in the epidermis and dermis (Miyazaki 2003). HA is a carbohydrate, and occurs naturally in the human body (Hyalogic 2001). When not binding with other molecules, HA binds with water readily, which contributes to its viscous gel property. HA has been found in many movable parts of the body, and acts as a lubricant (Hyalogic 2001). Since HA is one of the most hydrophilic molecules in nature, it is often referred to as “nature’s moisturizerâ€￾ (Hyalogic 2001), which is why it is applied in many skin-care products (Hylogic 2001).

HA is present abundantly in the scalp tissue, and its function is (by holding water) to form a gelatinous fluid in tandem with the connective tissue in the dermal layer. This results in providing support, nourishment, and hydration to the deep layers of scalp, which in turn facilitates the good health of the hair follicles locating in the dermal layer (Miyazaki et al. 2002). In fact, HA powder has been shown to facilitate the turnover and regeneration of hair follicle keratinocytes (Annely 2006), and to enhance hair colour restoration (HSite 2002). Furthermore, HA forms a gel-like shield directly on the hair follicles (HSite 2002 which can protect them from the harmful effects of DHT (HSite 2002)."

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont see the point in switching from finasteride to SP? Its basicly do the exact same thing and give the same sides, only difference is "natural" vs chemical.

northnorth

Reaction score
MrBastard said:
Dont see the point in switching from finasteride to SP? Its basicly do the exact same thing and give the same sides, only difference is "natural" vs chemical.

I already use Rogaine and Revita, I assumed spironolactone would be a bit much

or would it?

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I meant Saw Palmetto when i wrote SP :)

Some spironolactone 10 min after minoxidil nighttime application whould not hurt

northnorth

Reaction score
MrBastard said:
I meant Saw Palmetto when i wrote SP :)

Some spironolactone 10 min after minoxidil nighttime application whould not hurt

I am tired of studies that can never determine what the vitamin will do instead of what it may do.

Then it would list side effects, some people take SP and are fine. Some say otherwise. I am just going to stick to a g d multi vitamin and glutamine

northnorth

Reaction score
Since I stopped using finasteride.. the hair that was maintained has fallen out, it looks pretty bad even with no.1/2 buzz. Still using Rogaine Foam 2x a day and Revita shampoo every 4 days so I don't have any pimples on my head.

Thinking off just keeping it like this until I explore other options. Like ordering the expensive RU stuff. Right now, I am thinking of getting a hair transplant down the line.. If I have the money, I will do it in a heart beat.

northnorth

Reaction score
finfighter said:
northnorth said:
Since I stopped using finasteride.. the hair that was maintained has fallen out, it looks pretty bad even with no.1/2 buzz. Still using Rogaine Foam 2x a day and Revita shampoo every 4 days so I don't have any pimples on my head.

Thinking off just keeping it like this until I explore other options. Like ordering the expensive RU stuff. Right now, I am thinking of getting a hair transplant down the line.. If I have the money, I will do it in a heart beat.

Yeah RU or CB would be your best alternative to Finasteride, read through the link in my signature for more info on these.

How's your gyno now, did you have any lumps or what?

Always been rather skinny, but I am pretty skinny at the moment. The bumps have decreased in size. It's been a couple weeks, so let's see how I am doing mid-late Appril.

Honestly, in my mind I kept telling myself 'it's not the finasteride, its something else' (pertaining to the gyno).. If it wwasn't induced by the finasteride, what caused it? endo appointment is on the 14th, so I will know more at that time. Again, I am shedding absolutely crazy. Very apparent when I wake up in the mornings.

This just isn't going to do for a summer look, I am going to have to shave my head but I want to keep it long enough so you can actually see hair rather than shaving it every day and never growing hair.