__northnorth's journey to a better hairline__

northnorth

Reaction score
This thread is to show my results as the months past!

I started noticing my hair thinning last year in November.

After Christmas, I was like.. I need to do something about this.

My Regime ;

finasteride (i've been on it for almost a year)
DS Revita Shampoo (starting it next week)
Rogaine Foam 5% (starting tonight)

Here are some before pictures as of December 2nd, 2010-

11tsyv7.jpg

10on2hf.jpg

21jmwpt.jpg

I will update every month. Hopefully this will help in trying to salvage the rest of my hair and possibly even grow back !

isbjorn

Reaction score
That looks just like mine. I'm 21 and noticed thinning last year, I've been on propecia for 5 months and rogaine for two. have not seen any great improvement yet.
You wont regret taking care of this early on. Follow your regimen religiously every day. Good luck :punk:

northnorth

Reaction score
isbjorn said:
That looks just like mine. I'm 21 and noticed thinning last year, I've been on propecia for 5 months and rogaine for two. have not seen any great improvement yet.
You wont regret taking care of this early on. Follow your regimen religiously every day. Good luck :punk:

Thank you for your contribution! I have't seen a new log in awhile. So I decided to change that.

This forum needs to be updated more. Most of you guys enter a thread and don't even say a word.

You guys need to interact with people.

About to apply Rogaine Foam for the first time and I am pumped !

northnorth

Reaction score
On thursday, I applied it. I was quite tired but it made my heart bump rather fast..

I had a date tonight so I haven't applied it yet, its 2:05 am here.. I'm going to do it soon.

Yes, i will update every chance I get

northnorth

Reaction score
So last night (early morning), I applied it and everything went better. A little heart pounding but nothing too bad.

I ordered the Revita Shampoo awhile ago and went it came in the mail, it was already opened and oozing out. Pissed me off so now it should come this week. I am pumped for it.

My scalp is a little dry and that sh*t sucks.. but what else is there to do.

Anyone have advice for applying it with a buzzed head? I put like a water bottle cap full in my palms and then massage. I don't want to use to much- mainly because it won't speed up the process. I gently massage it into my hair and then do my nightly routine.

I will take pictures of my freshly buzzed hair on the 15th. Hopefully the pictures will look better because my hair does not look that thick / full.

This is what it looked like this summer(age 20):

428.jpg

Such a drastic and depressing change. I use to always get compliments on my hair. I was asked to take part in a hair modeling demonstration (got my hair cut at gene juarez every month) but never followed through because I was extremely shy and was nervous around crowds.

MARTINSTERN

Established Member
Reaction score
hopefully ull get a great regrowth, because your still young, for now stick with the very short hair, its very stylish now, and it looks good. ad you can pull it off.

northnorth

Reaction score
MARTINSTERN said:
hopefully ull get a great regrowth, because your still young, for now stick with the very short hair, its very stylish now, and it looks good. ad you can pull it off.

Thanks brah, tanning helps make your head not seem so pale. So thats a plus .

I use to have to constantly part my hair back because it would get in my face- I flip my hair back every now and then out of habit on occasions.. :dunno:

I have noticed a lot of people viewing this, I am sure as the months go by and with some success this could be a great thread.

Edit : Forgot to mention, I have noticed some shedding (hardly any, but I have a close eye for things) which is good sign I believe.

northnorth

Reaction score
I feel as if my hair looks better and a tad bit thickedr. Of course, this could be just a placebo effect (most likely). I will take pictures sometime this week after I get my hair buzzed. Kind of feeling that I should grow it out a little.

Just hoping to see some results in atleast 5 months. If I don't see a change in before 5 months, I will add some else- or maybe they will find a cure for male pattern baldness. Never know.

northnorth

Reaction score
Edit :

I misread what I typed earlier. I have noticed some shedding and thinning where my frontal hair line is. It gives me hope to know that it may work.

I have not noticed any growth, just shedding. Which, I've read, is a good sign. I am going to continue to grow my hair out until Jan 1st. Then I will take some picturtes. I have noticed a lot of 'views' in this thread.

This is good news to me. I like the fact that people are comming into see what its like day by day or every other day to use a hair stack.

My first week my scalp was sensitive, but it has stopped being so sensitive.

Happy holidays to all of you!

Don't wait until your hair is gone before you do something about it! Don't sit around, there is always something you can do!!!

isbjorn

Reaction score
Hey Northnorth,

We all certainly need to contribute. We have similar hairloss, and as I mentioned in an earlier thread it's important to be persistent.
I've now been on Propecia for about 6 months and Rogaine for three. It hit me like a nuke last week when I studied my scalp in the mirror. Hundreds of new hairs are emerging. They're all light in color, but I've been sweeping my hand through and I can feel that they're thickening. . It's inspiring to see guys like you post your story, and that you have the guts and courage to do something about it. I'll follow your example soon.

So, stick to it, and you'll see results. It just takes a little time.
& one question: Are you from Skandinavia?

Good luck :punk:

northnorth

Reaction score
On Jan. 2nd 2011, I will update with some progress pics. I was waiting a month before I started applying it twice a day.

I have been applying it 1 times a day for 16 days as of today.

Should I start doing twice a day after a month or start right now ?

What do you guys think?

& to the previous post about my heritage

i have norwegian and swedish blood in my heritage.. but was born in the states.

northnorth

Reaction score
Sup bros

I have been on the Rogaine Foam for a little over a month. I've seen growth in the temples. Its not thick but its sprouting. Feelsgoodman.jpg I am only doing it once a day and its at night. I think on the 15th I will apply it twice a day

That gyno I was talking about earlier is a case of paranoia, I wasn't eating healthy like I usually do.

I will put some pics up. I have low lighting in my office which is where I am always at

I got a no. 1/2 buzz last thursday so its grown out a bit. I like to keep it short.

n9ppu.jpg

2l8d8k7.jpg

11tr2xe.jpg

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck with minoxidil. You've been on finasteride for a year, do you have any signs of it working? Has your hairline moved back at all during the year?

northnorth

Reaction score
PileOn said:
Good luck with minoxidil. You've been on finasteride for a year, do you have any signs of it working? Has your hairline moved back at all during the year?

I would say it helped. I lost a ton of hair within 45 days (september-october 09). I was on a lot of drugs at that time and did not notice. I am sober now and I am not in that foggy cocaine phase.

Not going to lie, I have been losing hair but if I didn't get on this stuff, I may be balder. My hair line has improved somewhat, but it is still thin and not thick which is what I want - even though finasteride will never get your hair back to what it use to be.

northnorth

Reaction score
update

got a no.1/2 on staurday. i am going to start using rogaine twice a day starting tomorrow and i ordered revita shamppo and revita COR.. excited

2lwadma.jpg

6rppj6.jpg

2crozfm.jpg

just a few shots i took today, i had to take them myself so i can't really tell..

northnorth

Reaction score
Guess I am going to be the only one posting in this thread for awhile until I show some great results. I was thinking of letting my hair grow out but I feel it would look thin and strange. But It would help to see if I made any gains. I would buy some nice beanies and scarfs so I would look like I am dressing for the weather which is pretty rainy up here..

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
northnorth said:
Guess I am going to be the only one posting in this thread for awhile until I show some great results. I was thinking of letting my hair grow out but I feel it would look thin and strange. But It would help to see if I made any gains. I would buy some nice beanies and scarfs so I would look like I am dressing for the weather which is pretty rainy up here..

haha just wanted to say I've been following this thread. wish you the best of luck dude.

northnorth

Reaction score
So I got my Revita shampoo and Revita Cor in the mail yesterday. Used it yesterday and this morning. My hair is flake free and feels kinda soft and I have a buzz cut.

I haven't noticed any pimples but I am distraught on weather to use it 5 days a week with conditioner..

But right now, I don't see anything wrong. The only thing thats a b**ch is waiting... waiting... waiting.............. while the shampoo and conditioner work into your scalp. I enjoy showers but an extra ten f*****g minutes is killing me, smalls.

I may go and buy a two or three beanies today at neiman or black bird so I can grow my hair out and not look to desperate in the process.

I don't give a f*** when my hair is buzzed, but it just looks funny when it goes past a no.1

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you don't like having a really long shower while waiting for the shampoo, do what I do with nizoral shampoo:

In front of the mirror before getting into the shower moisten your scalp from the tap then apply the shampoo. Doing it in front of the mirror also helps you make sure you get a decent coverage. Then you can just set a timer on your phone/whatevs and jump in the shower to rinse off when the time is up. You can stay semi-clothed while you wait and pick a generic time-wasting activity tv/interwebs etc. :D