"99% Of Men Don't Lose Hair On Dutasteride"

AlwaysRock

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the "normal" 0.5 mg dose per day. The study refers to asian men though, who always respond a little bit better to hairlosstreatments than caucasians. So i guess the number would be like ~97% for white men.

But yeah i think you cant really lose on Dutasteride.... and yeah i am ready to fight and defend this thesis :p

Samson123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are plenty of dutasteride horror stories out there. I think, in general, that guys with high levels of DHT don't have super sensitive AR in their hair follicles because there is no need for them to be sensitive as there is plenty of DHT available. Guys that are on the low side of DHT probably should stay away from finasteride/dutasteride because their bodies, through AR up regulation, will always be able stay one step ahead of any effort to suppress DHT.

abcdefg

Reaction score
How does a guy on dutasteride still lose hair? That is my question. Is it testosterone still enough to continue male pattern baldness or do receptors adapt and grow extra sensitive to androgens? Without DHT how does any man still go bald on it

AlwaysRock

My Regimen
Reaction score
How does a guy on dutasteride still lose hair? That is my question. Is it testosterone still enough to continue male pattern baldness or do receptors adapt and grow extra sensitive to androgens? Without DHT how does any man still go bald on it

He does not!..... Pseudohermaphrodits have elevated test and elevated DHT from 5AR I..... they just lack 5ARII and that is why they never encounter hairloss. If you wipe out like 99% 5 AR II with dutasteride you should be set for life. This forum is a f*****g echochamber and some brosciene and myths here got repeated so often that people start to believe them. I have never seen somebody drop a Norwood on dutasteride..... they never ever have photos to proof that "dutasteride has eaten their hairline over night". And the infamous AR upregulation... it is just not a thing ok ? Castrated stop losing hair (and they have higher DHT levels than a dutasteride User) forever... AR upregulation does not look like a problem there does it ?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
complete bullshit. lies.

HermanCain2012.jpg

AlwaysRock

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Buckthorn... do you have any proof that this bullshit ? Cause i got a GSK study here which says " 99,6% people maintained or improved over 4 years".... But yeah i am ready for your studies mate :)

abcdefg

Reaction score
Hey Buckthorn... do you have any proof that this bullshit ? Cause i got a GSK study here which says " 99,6% people maintained or improved over 4 years".... But yeah i am ready for your studies mate :)

Yeah finasteride/dutasteride are based off decent models, but its all so complicated we dont know if those models are completely accurate or not. What does a castrated mans androgen receptor distribution look like compared to normal men? If its different the whole model is wrong
I have a lot of faith androgens are critical like the dutasteride twins where one stayed Norwood 1 for like 10 years while his brother went Norwood 6 is pretty powerful evidence, but you have to acknowledge we dont know that much in the grand scheme of things

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

the proof is in the sadness in my 1,000 plus posts in the last five months. I just know in my heart it cannot be that high, lol.

AlwaysRock

My Regimen
Reaction score
So clinical studies (twin studies, GSK study, long term finasteride study, Pseudohermaphrodite study) vs an anecdote and the feeling of your heart ? How about no?

And abcdefg i have to disagree with you.. We a know a lot about prevention of hairloss... its just the regrowth part which is tricky and unknown... but if you start early enough with prevention you will worry about this,

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you should read the story of @michel sapin , the twin brother who IS on meds and is the one losing hair.

AlwaysRock

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I looked into "his story"... what a bunch of bullcrap.... First off he made this thread https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...l-twin-is-Norwood-0-and-me-Norwood-2-5.99675/ where he claims he went from a Norwood 0,5 to Norwood 2,5 despite being on dutasteride and finasteride and minoxidil.... 1 month later he makes a thread https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/minoxidil-ruined-my-hairline-plz-help.100089/ where he claims that finasteride maintained his Norwood 1,5!?!?! ( which would proof my point) but minoxidil fucked his hairline... Also i have seen his "pic"..... where you acutally see or rather don't see sh*t..... his twinbrother for sure is no Norwood 0... they could have the same hairline and one twin just hides it with his bangs (which looks thin at least)... until i have seen a picture of both exposed hairline under bright light i wont believe this story at all
PS: http://www.twinshairloss.com/hair-loss-gallery.htm Here i got a twin study with continued photoevidence and the lightning and pictures are way better.... I will believe this one more for now ok ?
1 photo and a guy saying "i lost and i was on dutasteride and minoxidil" does not convince me... sorry

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So clinical studies (twin studies, GSK study, long term finasteride study, Pseudohermaphrodite study) vs an anecdote and the feeling of your heart ? How about no?

And abcdefg i have to disagree with you.. We a know a lot about prevention of hairloss... its just the regrowth part which is tricky and unknown... but if you start early enough with prevention you will worry about this,

haha... I was just joking. Actually, I have my masters in molecular bio with published research, so I am always one to respect legit studies. If you're losing your hair and not afraid of sides, dutasteride is definitely the way to go. People like myself become bitter, because we are the rare minority that not only do not sustain on drugs like dutasteride, but rapidly progress our Androgenetic Alopecia. finasteride definitely did it for me, as confirmed by THREE derms. I took dutasteride for only a couple months, but the EXACT scalp sensations I had while on finasteride came back - pin point burning in left temple and severe tingling and crawling in midscalp and crown.

I think what occurs in people like me is Telogen Effluvium. This was also confirmed by my derms. I just simply don't understand how more people don't get Telogen Effluvium from dutasteride. Women give birth, people have surgery, change medications, alter hormones, rapidly lose weight, etc.. there is a common occurrence of telogen effluvium. If you're on dutasteride and experience this, it would become chronic until you stop. It's happened to me and many others I have read about. I don't really know. What do you think about this @AlwaysRock? @Roberto ???

AlwaysRock

My Regimen
Reaction score
See @buckthorn i see a lot of this claims that finasteride and dutasteride acclerates your male pattern baldness... . The people who claim such things will tell you it is because finasteride and dutasteride will raise your test and the test will eat your follicles. Now comes my problem with this thesis....... We sure agree that DHT is way stronger then Test right ?... If you take a 5AR inhibitor like finasteride and dutasteride less Test will be converted into DHT and this is why your testlevels will rise. Now let's believe for a second (which i still do not) that Test also can destroy the hairfollicle.... Still it would be always benefical to replace the more potent DHT with his "weaker" brother Testosterone. Yeah finasteride and dutasteride can increase or even skyrock your test but only because at the same time they block a lot DHT conversion so no matter how high your test levels will rise the "androgenetic damage" on your hair would still be lower!
**Lots of Pseudobrosciene here**

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
See @buckthorn i see a lot of this claims that finasteride and dutasteride acclerates your male pattern baldness... . The people who claim such things will tell you it is because finasteride and dutasteride will raise your test and the test will eat your follicles. Now comes my problem with this thesis....... We sure agree that DHT is way stronger then Test right ?... If you take a 5AR inhibitor like finasteride and dutasteride less Test will be converted into DHT and this is why your testlevels will rise. Now let's believe for a second (which i still do not) that Test also can destroy the hairfollicle.... Still it would be always benefical to replace the more potent DHT with his "weaker" brother Testosterone. Yeah finasteride and dutasteride can increase or even skyrock your test but only because at the same time they block a lot DHT conversion so no matter how high your test levels will rise the "androgenetic damage" on your hair would still be lower!
**Lots of Pseudobrosciene here**

I agree completely - but what's your opinion on finasteride/dutasteride causing chronic telogen effluvium? is this not a very real possibility?

AlwaysRock

My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm good question......well Telogen Effluvium does not destroy the follicle so if i were you i would stay on dutasteride or finasteride and dont think about hair for the next 6~12 (hard to do i know) months... after this time reevaluate.... if it did become really bad just stop the finasteride and dutasteride..... if you really suffer Telogen Effluvium the body should recover from it as soon as you stop the 5ar inhibtion.